• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    I would not be ok with ANY 'increased' gun control, because the whole concept is illegitimate, illegal, illogical, and immoral.

However, given that my opinion won't stop the anti-gun stampede.....

Perhaps a TOTAL elimination of 'gun-free' zones, and reciprocity of CCW nationally, would be a gun law I could endorse, and 'trade' for an 'enhanced' background check, IF that check were done in a manner with NO record of what gun was actually sold to be accessible without a warrant, and NEVER given to any central authority, and ALSO if non-FFL sellers are allowed access to the background check system, so all those sales could get 'background checks', but would NOT get into any central registry.

It is TIME that gun owners put the anti-gun fools on the defensive, and let them know THEY are the reason for these dead children - THEY are the ones who won't allow CCW in schools, and that is the ONLY way to stop 'mass-shooters'.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I agree with an improved background check in so far as there should be better ways to integrate the reporting of disqualifying offences to the FBI, which will then support the existing 4473. Had better integration existed then some recent mass shootings would have been averted - such as when the Airforce failed to notify the FBI of a disqualifying offense in the Texas church shooting. There should also be a way to better integrate mental health record into NCIS while being compliant with HIPPA.

But in return I would also like to see national reciprocity, the NFA repealed, the Hughes Amendment repealed, better support for mental health services, and the option for more teachers to carry on school grounds if they choose to do so (including tax breaks for firearms, ammo, and training for those prepared to defend their pupils).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The media is making a pretty big deal out of this donor that few have heard of before.
    The question is; are we gonna guy into it? Remember who were talking about here right? :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just heard a Republican state lawmaker on the radio, and one of his ideas was waiting periods. The a-hole bought rifles over the course of a year... How long would a waiting period have to be to affect that?

Also raising age to buy rifle to 21.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The waiting period would be forever for eveyone if some had their way.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just heard a Republican state lawmaker on the radio, and one of his ideas was waiting periods. The a-hole bought rifles over the course of a year... How long would a waiting period have to be to affect that?

Also raising age to buy rifle to 21.

They don't have any ideas., BBI. They are merely clutching at straws to prevent acknowledging that the politicians are causing the mass murders.

It started after Stockton. "Ban guns at and around schools!" was the call in 1990. As if men like Patrick Purdy would obey that and stay home and knit.

The politicians created the governmentally mandated slaughter pens and are personally responsible for each death.

Mock them without mercy and let them go rot.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    It's Federal but usually runs through the State Police computers to the FBI. I guess it is "instant" when it actually works. I have worked at a lot of gun shows in Illinois and amazingly the State Police computers would frequently go down - sometimes for the entire weekend of the show. No sales without the NICS approval. And then amazingly it would just start up again on Monday morning. Imagine that...... An entire building full of dealers with customers lined up to buy and no one could do a NICS check. We lost quite a few sales playing that game. And given the recent events I really don't think I want the FBI to have ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to do with gun sales. They have become a waste of tax dollars and should closed down permanently.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It's Federal but usually runs through the State Police computers to the FBI. I guess it is "instant" when it actually works. I have worked at a lot of gun shows in Illinois and amazingly the State Police computers would frequently go down - sometimes for the entire weekend of the show. No sales without the NICS approval. And then amazingly it would just start up again on Monday morning. Imagine that...... An entire building full of dealers with customers lined up to buy and no one could do a NICS check. We lost quite a few sales playing that game. And given the recent events I really don't think I want the FBI to have ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to do with gun sales. They have become a waste of tax dollars and should closed down permanently.

That's your problem right there.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    It's an election year sums it up. Dems need a platform to run on...now they have it. They will use this and immigration to pull back in to power. They will stonewall any legislation that takes away from those two issues force in November. Politics as usual.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    If only gun control was allowing teachers to have guns to control in the classroom. My brother was a teacher in Connecticut (the constitution state) during the Sandy Hook massacre. He used to live not far from that school and had to pass it on his way to the school he taught at. He told me that one of the scariest things that has happened to him was getting a text message from the school system warning of a red alert, active shooter, not a drill. Lock all doors and hide the children.

He called me to tell me he would have felt a lot better if he had a firearm to protect the children, but everyone knows gun free zones are safe areas. I understood his fear, desire and sarcasm. He retired the next year, glad to get away.

Top Bottom