• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's an election year sums it up. Dems need a platform to run on...now they have it. They will use this and immigration to pull back in to power. They will stonewall any legislation that takes away from those two issues force in November. Politics as usual.

Problem is the DNC is broke and then some. Thanks Hillary. The one time I'm genuine towards her

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    If Republicans ran the FBI this shooting would have never happened. I think an investigation needs to happen on who dropped the ball and why.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well if theyre still at this talk next week, we're going to be seeing another round of panicking buying

Panic buying? Everyone should have been buying way before last year but for sure buying ever since Trump got elected. These years will be the best years as a gun owner Mark my words. You should be spending every extra cent you have on guns, ammo, mags, training, shooting. And any extra time loading your mags.
    I don't think anything will come of this latest tragedy but I prepare for everything at anytime

EricG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    NWI
    Times like this is why I do the ole "meh" when people get so wet about celeb's like Keanu Reeves running around Taran Tactical doing the thespian thing, promoting his character/flick. The "pro gun" celebs could do us all a solid and run campaigns and ads in support of NO COMPROMISE/Repeal legislation. I'm not impressed.

BTW, if one gets stuck buying $40 PMags, you have yourself to blame. Especially those of us who have been in the game for some time.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Panic buying? Everyone should have been buying way before last year but for sure buying ever since Trump got elected. These years will be the best years as a gun owner Mark my words. You should be spending every extra cent you have on guns, ammo, mags, training, shooting. And any extra time loading your mags.
    I don't think anything will come of this latest tragedy but I prepare for everything at anytime
    oh I agree and lots of good sales right now too.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Not having read anything on it, I predict that "enhanced background checks" will initially include something similar to what we do for a suppressor, currently, in terms of time, and something akin to security clearance in terms of depth, to buy a box of ammo. 20 rifle rounds will take over six months, and will include talking to your neighbors, family, teachers, and playmates from when you were six or so, long forms that must be filled out, asking invasive questions. Note, this is for each box of any size.

Now obviously, the BCs wouldn't stay at that level, unless there was, say, another shooting right around the time of the hearing, the vote, etc....

I'm suggesting a worst-case scenario. Obama was described often as firearms salesman of the year. Is it such a stretch to think that his abject failure on the "gun control" subject would be reversed when it came to the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania, who, don't forget, hails from New York City. Correct me if I'm mistaken but aren't they the only municipality in the country that has their own carry permit, and does not recognize any other, including the one at their state level?

The Left would crow about that. Admittedly, just as we did about Obama.

Blessings,
    Bill

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What about a background check using databases containing all information required to be reported? Oh wait!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Bill, My TS security check was said to be the easiest the agent had ever done. I lived in one house, went to one Church, 1 grade school, 1 high school, joined the army and was in training and served in one unit. It took 3 months and cost about $25,000.

At the same time there was another kid whose mom was a Canadian citizen and had moved all over the world as a kid. His investigation took a year and 9 months and cost who knows how much.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Now would be a great time for California to fall into the ocean. The liberal sob stories would overwhelm the media and it would be Trumps fault for not providing life jackets to all the citizens of california. But no more BS gun talk

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    There are going to be marches. There are going to be media features and your local media market is going to jump on the bandwagon.

It is so hard to convince people with logic on this. My fear is the ridiculous price increases (despite coming into 2018 with great buyer's market and rebates). As a reloader nothing pisses me off more than "out of stock" labels on half the stuff I want.

I feel for the families of these disasters, and I agree it's mainly mental health/knowing your neighbor concern. That said, it's definitely time for some letter writing.

They say changing someone's mind about their political beliefs is next to impossible, and that the brain may react to a new idea in the same way it would react to a threat. So if all these people are threatened by guns...how do we convince them that getting rid of guns isn't the answer?

Next they'll be adding a "shooter's tax" to cover these types of atrocities.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Whelp, unless some distraction comes up real soon, it feels like this one might actually cause some changes to happen.

The children will be marching on Washington or something later in March... so that's plenty of time to keep it in the media before the event (which is undoubtedly backed by plenty of anti-2A groups).

Something background check related wouldn't really affect me... though I'm not a fan of anything tightening up over this... hoping they stay away from rifles (even though the media is pushing that angle pretty hard). Not sure if I could see something rifle-related happening, though... it's one of those topics that... if you push back enough... they don't have a lot to stand on.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    How much do children really know about all of these processes and statistics? Isn't this just the agenda of the parents? Some of these kids will likely change their mind, join military/law enforcement. The truth is gun hating America is just fine with guns, as long as they don't have to see them or do any protecting themselves. Many of them haven't seen a single example of a responsible gun owner and haven't done any personal research.

I bet these same parents let their kids play Call of Duty and have Nerf guns.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    How much do children really know about all of these processes and statistics? Isn't this just the agenda of the parents?

Wasn't it like... two days after... CNN had students that were at the school on-air to talk about gun control?

And funny enough, today CNN or some big outlet was pushing the idea of the voting age being 16.

And I have zero confidence in anyone "on the right" to point out how the anti-2A are hiding behind kids on this crap.

They literally can't have an adult conversation about firearms, so they let children do their talking.

Good tweet from today:

Mujahed Kobbe said:
    "Lets have a honest and open debate about gun control"

"Ok"

"Well for starters the NRA is a terrorist org that goes and kills children"

"Well, you're retarded. Good talk"

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wasn't it like... two days after... CNN had students that were at the school on-air to talk about gun control?

And funny enough, today CNN or some big outlet was pushing the idea of the voting age being 16.

And I have zero confidence in anyone "on the right" to point out how the anti-2A are hiding behind kids on this crap.

They literally can't have an adult conversation about firearms, so they let children do their talking.

Good tweet from today:

Yeah the media has anti gun mass shooting response teams. Kinda like FEMA has storm response teams. Never let a tragedy go to waste. It's the Democrat way. It's sick how they exploit kids. If they shoved a camera in my kids face they'd be pooping camera parts for a week

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No politician is going criticize kids.They are an effective tool at this point... So where are all the hunter kids?

The JROTC kids at the school that helped guide fellow students out got a little attention. I think that did well to counter the "NRA FUNDED THE SCHOOL'S ROTC CLASS, AND IN TURN, FUNDED THE KID TO MURDER" nonsense angle.

I mean, that was probably the hottest take of the entire situation by far.

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    As a former JROTC member (we had a range at our school in '91), I would have been the first kid on there saying, "Look, we all are in the same organization, however we will not let our reputations or the reputations of gun owners as a whole be dragged through the mud because one of our members blew a fuse!". People who don't own guns do plenty of random crazy things too!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't think this is going to go anywhere.
    We all should be already making phone calls and writing emails reminding our elected officials what their oath is all about and to not support any new gun regulations or laws. The president too. Write and call them all. If you have time to ***** on ingo you have time to do your duty as a gun owner and citizen for the future generations of gun owners.

The left does a MUCH better job mobilizing their base and making calls and stuff. We need to get off our "feeling safe" fat asses and do the same! Get riled up, get mad.because people are calling you baby killers. What would you do if a cop came to your door calling you a baby killer bexaus you own the same gun? Get angry and call, and email. It's simple but powerful

1stLast&Always

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Indy No Place
    I can do you one better. I can go to their offices downtown on my lunch break. One constituent in their office represents a thousand speaking. I heard that from a legislator. Anyone wants to join me send me a PM.

Top Bottom