Good FAQ on this radio:
- BAOFENG UV-3R Mark II 136-174/400-470Mhz Dual Band Radio (Firmware with 18 menu options)
- USB Program Cable + Software
COST: (depends on final qty)
-[STRIKE] $53.50 or less
$51.90 per radio as order is 5+
$51.41 per radio as order is 7+[/STRIKE]
$50.40 per radio as order is 14+
- Order will be placed on 04 FEB 2012 & takes 14 days to arrive.
MONEY IS DUE BY 04 FEB 2012.
BTW I have found a way that you can pay via PayPal WITHOUT a fee being incurred.
IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU USE A CREDIT CARD.
1) Log into PayPal
2) Click on Send Money
3) In the To field enter <<PM me for the email>>
4) In the AMT enter $50.40
(Note this amt is tenative and I will know the final amt on SAT night)
5) Click on the Personal tab
6) Select Gift
7) Click on Continue
8) Enter your callsign on INGO in the comments so I know who has paid
You must either have the amt in your PayPal account or allow PayPal to do a transfer from your bank account to your PayPal account (ie. have a linked bank account to PayPal) so that PayPal can then transfer it to my PayPal account.
- Pickup from Griffith, IN
SOUTH BEND MEMBERS NAVYVET HAS OFFERED TO PICK-UP YOURS IF YOU WANT IN TO THE GROUP BUY.
Here are the features of the radio.
- VHF/ UHF DUAL-BAND TWO WAY RADIO Dual Frequency Display
- Frequency Range: 136-174 / 400-470MHz
- Dual-Band Display, Dual-Standby
- Dual Frequency Display
- Dualdisplay and standby state
- Output Power: 2 Watts
- 99 Channels + 1 Emergency Channel
- 50 CTCSS and 104 CDCSS
- Built-in VOX Function
- 1750Hz Brust Tone
- FM Radio (87.0MHz-108.0MHz)
- LED Flashlight
- Large LCD Display
- Hight /Low Power Switchable
- 25KHz/12.5KHz Switchable
- Emergency Alert
- Low Battery Alert
- Battery Saver
- Time-out Timer
- Keypad Lock
- Monitor Channel
- Channel Step: 5/6.25/12.5/25KHz
This is everything that is included per radio ordered.
- 1x UV-3R ( Mark II ) Dual-Band Radio (136-174 / 400-470MHz )
- 1x 3.7V Li-ion Battery Pack
- 1x Dual Band Antenna
- 1x PTT Earpiece
- 1x Belt Clip
- 1x English Manual
- 1x Desktop Charger ( 100V ~ 240V ) with correct adapter for USA
- 1x USB Cable
INFO NEEDED FROM YOU
If you are interested in this group buy please post in this thread the following:
- color (camo, blue, red, yellow, black)
If you are in NWI we have a HAM DEMO that you can attend.
See here to sign up (SAT 04 FEB 2012)
This model radio was talked about here:
It's a starter radio for someone who may be interested in getting in HAM Radio but does not want to spend a lot of money.
DISCLAIMER/NOTE OF WARNING
Anyone can own this radio. However if you do not have an Ham Radio License you ARE NOT allowed to transmit on this or any other ham radio. You can still listen in, hear the NOAA weather, local EMS, etc.
The cost for a 10-year license is aorund $14 and more information can be found here: American Radio Relay League | ARRL - The national association for AMATEUR RADIO.
Note on the license:
You must pass a multi-choice 35 question test in order to obtain your entry-level license.
The Radio comes with a CD with all the drivers and software below is the following to get the radio to work with Windows XP. If you have Windows Vista/7 use this link to download the driver.
1. DO NOT connect the radio to the PC.
2. Insert the CD into the PC.
3. Open the CD Drive and look for a folder called usb-driver and double-click on it.
4. Double click on the sub-folder called usbdriver
5. Double click on the file called usb_driver.exe
6. Click OK and NEXT as the various pop-up screens appear.
7. After the driver is installed Windows will ask you to restart click OK.
Windows will restart at this point.
You can now get Version 1.10 from here:
& then do steps 8 & onward
8. Open the CD drive and look for the folder called UV3R+ Dual Display Setup v1.08 and double click on it.
9. Double click on the file called UV3R Setup v1.08.exe
10. Click OK and NEXT as the various pop-up screens appear.
11. You should now have an icon called UV3R on your computer.
12. Now connect the USB cable to your radio and computer, Windows will let you it found new hardware and the text Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM1) will appear. Or it will tell you if you want to search for the driver. Tell it OK and windows will find the driver you install in steps 1-7.
At this point you are now ready to use the UV3R program to read or write to the radio.
Indiana Repeater List
Repeater Directory Listing
Indiana Government Agency Fequency List
Lake County, Indiana (IN) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Train Radio Fequency List
Railroad Radio Frequencies
Fan Website of Radio with links to all sorts of useful info
(Latest drivers and software can be found here)
Brick O'Lore: Baofeng UV-3R
File for software for NWI repeaters + local radio stations.