Okay people let's have your opinions.

Remember to keep it classy INGO.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Just like the vax, I choose the 1911, you choose whatever you want. I'm not going to tell you what to buy. I don't like nor shoot glocks well and I prefer my pistols to look nice. You may shoot a glock well and like lego bricks in your hand. Who am I to criticize as long as you own, carry and practice.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    So just pointing out the article is by Armscor pimping RIA 1911's it's literally an advertisment designed to look like an article. Probably my favorite paragraph below , commentary inserted by me in red

"Glocks have a distinct grip angle that many find awkward and their triggers are often times called soft (the Glock trigger is a self portrait of Sponge Bob SquarePants soft and mushy) . 1911s have the most crisp, comfortable triggers out there. Plus, many argue that 1911s have a grip that feels more natural in the hand and that their front and rear sight have a more natural alignment. If you’re new to firearm shooting, the 1911 is an easy first choice. With Glocks, there’s only a little bit of plastic holding back an explosion (What in the hell is that the frame does not contain the explosion the barrel and slide do). 1911s definitely take the edge in terms of handling"

Or you could get the best of both worlds in each platform , also and this is just my personal opinion no one should ever buy a 1911 made outside of the United States that's just plain wrong , poor's can flame me all they want.

TLIXHtf.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love 1911s and even I think that was written to sell guns to new gun owners. Now, there are good reasons supporting carry of a 1911 over a Glock, just as there are good reasons in support of carrying a Glock over a 1911. But, exploding grips are not among them.

Miyamoto Musashi suggests it is wrong to have a favorite weapon. Instead, you should strive to be competent with all weapons if I recall

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So just pointing out the article is by Armscor pimping RIA 1911's it's literally an advertisment designed to look like an article. Probably my favorite paragraph below , commentary inserted by me in red

"Glocks have a distinct grip angle that many find awkward and their triggers are often times called soft (the Glock trigger is a self portrait of Sponge Bob SquarePants soft and mushy) . 1911s have the most crisp, comfortable triggers out there. Plus, many argue that 1911s have a grip that feels more natural in the hand and that their front and rear sight have a more natural alignment. If you’re new to firearm shooting, the 1911 is an easy first choice. With Glocks, there’s only a little bit of plastic holding back an explosion (What in the hell is that the frame does not contain the explosion the barrel and slide do). 1911s definitely take the edge in terms of handling"

Or you could get the best of both worlds in each platform , also and this is just my personal opinion no one should ever buy a 1911 made outside of the United States that's just plain wrong , poor's can flame me all they want.

TLIXHtf.jpg

Back around 2004 or 2005 Springfield Armory had a high capacity 1911 in 45acp I was wanting to get. I saved up the money went to buy one and all out of stock and I waited for a long time then found out they stopped making them. I wonder if they were a good pistol to this day.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Okay people let's have your opinions.

Remember to keep it classy INGO.

When I saw this article, I was concerned it was going to be some biased and partial piece of opinion.

I was very pleased to see it is completely unbiased, sticks to truth, and arrives at the only possible correct conclusion.

Top Bottom