• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Has it been determined whether or not he was employed there?
    It sounds like he wasn't, but as far as I know, that's not been officially confirmed.

Lived on the east side. Assaulted a facility on the southwest side. Started shooting in the parking lot. Entered the facility and continued shooting. Suicided. Subsequently IDed. Was a known person to LEO.

I'm not sure what, beyond that, has been confirmed.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Oh, I'm sure. I'm just coming from if I have one guy saying you have to wait a little longer to get your AR vs. another guy saying you can't have an AR, I can wait. If me waiting means that some psycho can't walk into a gun shop all hyped up, buy a gun and take some people out, is that really a bad thing? Does it suck for those of us who play nicely? Most definitely.
    My opinion is just that, my opinion. How do we protect our rights and at the same time stop senseless violence. Serious question. You and I both know that a person did this, not a gun but we have to come up with a better solution than just flag waving and saying, "You can't tell me what to do!". People need an answer to gun violence. Shouldn't we, as gun owners come up with the answer before they do?
    Perhaps we should ask Carole Bowne for her opinion on waiting periods.

Edited to Add:

Please explain how each of these measures will result in the outcome you seek (i.e. less "senseless violence" and/or "gun violence"):

• Waiting Periods
    • Background Checks (wait: what? We already have those)
    • No Private Sales (wait: what? Isn't that what you'd be requiring (new) background checks for?)

How will each generally address "senseless violence" and/or "gun violence"? How would each of them have prevented this particular occurrence of violence?

Show your work.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I'm getting into it over this very question with the Facebook Libertarians on Jim Lucas's FB feed. They have this odd stance that "property rights" are universal, and establishing a policy that prevents employees from exercising their right to ensure their own safety doesn't constitute liability on the part of the property owner.

This is - again - why I could never be a (big-L) Libertarian.

(Yeah, and I know there are some of them on INGO, too. So just to be clear here: I support your right to enact whatever policies you want on your property, and do not support the State dictating what policies you can set, either to compel you to establish a policy or to restrain you from establishing a policy. That said: you are 100% responsible for the results of the policies you choose to establish. If your policy forces employees to disarm at risk of being fired, then those employees do not have a free-will choice; they have an ultimatum. And when they follow that policy, and are thus defenseless as a result against an armed assailant, you, the property owner who established the policy, are liable for the harm that results.)
    This I absolutely agree with.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Over on twitter i keep seeing people saying they are afraid to go anywhere in America because of guns. Wouldnt that make you want to protect yourself if that were the case? I believe I personally am responsible for my safety. The thought process in thinking that others should be responsible for your safety is interesting to me.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Over on twitter i keep seeing people saying they are afraid to go anywhere in America because of guns. Wouldnt that make you want to protect yourself if that were the case? I believe I personally am responsible for my safety. The thought process in thinking that others should be responsible for your safety is interesting to me.
    Probably the same ones saying this on twitter are also afraid to go out anywhere because of this virus or freaks out when someone doesn't have a mask on while out in public ..

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Over on twitter i keep seeing people saying they are afraid to go anywhere in America because of guns. Wouldnt that make you want to protect yourself if that were the case? I believe I personally am responsible for my safety. The thought process in thinking that others should be responsible for your safety is idiocy to me.
    FIFY

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    According to CNN, "the suspect in the Indianapolis mass shooting was known to federal and local authorities prior to the attack. A family member of the suspected shooter reached out to authorities warning about the suspect’s potential for violence, according to three law enforcement sources briefed on the matter."

The authorities are going to keep us safe, but they don't keep us safe when they know there is a person who is dangerous. The non-sensical logic is lost on too many people.

Almost every one of these mentally ill mas shooters are "known to authorities" yet they do not and will not do anything because our leftist bureaucrats have crafted laws that state neither they, nor you can do anything to stop this ill person if the ill person says they don't want help.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The past twenty years children have been raised without ANY understanding of risk. The parents and nanny state raised them in the safest child seats, etc. everything was made so nothing ever hurt the precious ones. In the rare situation something did, "OMG, there has to be a law". Someone has always been there for them, it's what they were taught to expect.

I recently posted about kids denying grandparents access to grandchildren, if the grandparents did not precisely follow what the kids told them to do because of covid fears. The least susceptible people involved dictating to the most susceptible! Why they have no concept of risk or defending themselves.

This post describes the masses, I know your xxxxx is the most independent being on the planet, there are exceptions.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    To Leverboy, I suggest you just push to make murder illegal. The umbrella of murder being illegal will cover any and all weapons used, that way infringing on the constitution would be avoided.

Oh wait, murder is illegal. That didn't stop him so ban the weapon he used. (note I did not mention which weapon to ban, just any that can be used to murder). Wait, that didn't work either? Then just ban guns on your property. Wait, that didn't work either. Guess you better start infringing on honest people's rights.

While there is purple in the above, there is no purple in my grief and prayers for those affected, and my prayers for the ones that I know that are employed by FedEx at that site.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Sounds like not only were local LEOS and the Feds aware that he was a risk, but he may also have been a prohibited person.
    So the laws work if we would only enforce them and punish those who violate them?

Kind of like making murder illegal.

I don't want to hear any more drivel from Biden and his handlers about background checks until Hunter is sitting in a prison cell for the next ten years for lying on his 4473 form (a felony).

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They can give up their citizenship and move to countries with virtually no guns (like the UK) to feel safe.:dunno:

Of course they might get stabbed by criminals and unarmed cops won't be able to protect them.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There is always a risk when you leave the house. Some choose to try and mitigate that risk by being prepared. The Democrats want to take away that choice.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Protip to employers, if you fire a sketchy individual, please hire security for a bit.

When I worked security, 9 out of 10 jobs were something related to that. It's common sense.

Top Bottom