NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Still no ID of the shooter??????
    From an AP article;
    INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Police in Indianapolis have identified the shooter who opened fire at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis as a young male in his 20s.

Police Chief Randal Taylor also noted that a “significant” number of employees at the facility where the shooting took place Thursday night are members of the Sikh community.

https://apnews.com/article/fedex-indianapolis-mass-shooting-e92ad3117c56357b3b2c71a2903e68a8

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh, I'm sure. I'm just coming from if I have one guy saying you have to wait a little longer to get your AR vs. another guy saying you can't have an AR, I can wait. If me waiting means that some psycho can't walk into a gun shop all hyped up, buy a gun and take some people out, is that really a bad thing? Does it suck for those of us who play nicely? Most definitely.
    My opinion is just that, my opinion. How do we protect our rights and at the same time stop senseless violence. Serious question. You and I both know that a person did this, not a gun but we have to come up with a better solution than just flag waving and saying, "You can't tell me what to do!". People need an answer to gun violence. Shouldn't we, as gun owners come up with the answer before they do?

We already have an answer. **** all the way off. If the only answer can be either a little more gun control or a lot more gun control, you don’t even belong in the conversation.

Whoever shot those people didn’t do it because there’s a gun shop on the way to the scene, so why the hell not. He (presumably “he”) did it for reasons that don’t really have anything to do with the gun. It’s a tool.

Leverboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2021
    Indianapolis
    You should REALLY REALLY study up on what you are saying here, my friend. Read and learn what the 2A is before starting trouble in a community that does understand it.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You are a victim of the liberal media anti-gun propaganda. Hopefully, you will stick around and learn...
    Thank you. That is a good response. You disagree, tell me there are some things I need to learn, give suggestions and hope that I will change my mind. I wasn't trying to start trouble. Just said, this doesn't sound like a horrible idea. If it is, what do you guys think would work? I was honestly looking for how others felt and now I'm a communist.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I live in a country with MUCH tougher gun laws.

I have to wait 6 months to a year to buy a firearm.
    Get through weeks of mandatory firearms training.
    I need a special licence to buy a gun, another one to own the gun, and a third to buy ammo.
    The number of ammo, guns and magazines I can own is limited by law.
    I need to see a physician to get a psychiatric evaluation in order to apply for a gun licence.
    All guns have have to be registered.
    It's mandatory for me to own a gun safe in order to buy a gun.
    I have to travel nearly 3 hours to find a gun store that sell handguns.
    Private gun sales are illegal.
    At a shooting range I can't load more than 5 rounds into a magazine.
    And of course it's illegal for me to carry a gun anywhere.

That's just common sense, right?

And guess what, we still get mass shootings (130 death during a single attack in 2015).
    Even worst than in the US.

It's like criminals, terrorists and crazy people don't even try to follow the law.

Guns are stolen from law abiding citizens (very easy since by law all guns have to be kept unloaded and locked in a safe) or bought on the black market.

You can get a full auto AK for around $1000 from your local street dealer.
    No ID needed.

You are crazy if you think one more gun law (it's always "one more" until the next one) will change anything.
    Very well said Sylvain. You knocked it out of the park right here.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not one more god damned law. Period. Chicago and nyc both have all these things you have spoken of and look at their murder and gun stats.

I will put this in the simplest terms I can: criminals intent on evil do not follow laws. Period. Full stop. Finite. Done. No more. Allowing legally armed citizens has shown time and again that is the way to stop this stupidity. Let people defend themselves.

making more idiotic and inane laws that do nothing to curb the crime doesn’t help. What DOES help is keeping violent criminals locked up

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Thank you. That is a good response. You disagree, tell me there are some things I need to learn, give suggestions and hope that I will change my mind. I wasn't trying to start trouble. Just said, this doesn't sound like a horrible idea. If it is, what do you guys think would work? I was honestly looking for how others felt and now I'm a communist.
    This thread is a discussion on events that happened at the Fed-Ex in Indy.
    If you want to learn a little something I suggest you start here >>>>
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/the-legislation-of-the-2nd-amendment.227/

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I live in a country with MUCH tougher gun laws.

I have to wait 6 months to a year to buy a firearm.
    Get through weeks of mandatory firearms training.
    I need a special licence to buy a gun, another one to own the gun, and a third to buy ammo.
    The number of ammo, guns and magazines I can own is limited by law.
    I need to see a physician to get a psychiatric evaluation in order to apply for a gun licence.
    All guns have have to be registered.
    It's mandatory for me to own a gun safe in order to buy a gun.
    I have to travel nearly 3 hours to find a gun store that sell handguns.
    Private gun sales are illegal.
    At a shooting range I can't load more than 5 rounds into a magazine.
    And of course it's illegal for me to carry a gun anywhere.

That's just common sense, right?

And guess what, we still get mass shootings (130 death during a single attack in 2015).
    Even worst than in the US.

It's like criminals, terrorists and crazy people don't even try to follow the law.

Guns are stolen from law abiding citizens (very easy since by law all guns have to be kept unloaded and locked in a safe) or bought on the black market.

You can get a full auto AK for around $1000 from your local street dealer.
    No ID needed.

You are crazy if you think one more gun law (it's always "one more" until the next one) will change anything.
    Or they'll just rent a truck. :(

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Until personal accountability and respect for your fellow human beings is restored in this society, no written words (laws) will deter anyone with an evil intent. It is already illegal to murder, period. Not sure about your age but when I was growing up guns were openly available in our vehicles and homes. It was an extremely rare case where a gun was used to intentionally hurt another human being. We were raised to respect others. Disputes might have been resolved with a fist fight but only the criminal elements would ever go to the gun. Your foundation for your comments is baseless. No criminal obeys the laws, that is why they are criminals. People lie on the 4473s today that should not have access to a gun. That is knowingly committing a felony. Back up, read up and then try again.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Or they'll just rent a truck. :(

Yep, and for some reason nobody called for a ban on trucks after 85 people were killed by a truck.

Yet another attack stopped by good guys with guns ...

754457_1.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Oh, I'm sure. I'm just coming from if I have one guy saying you have to wait a little longer to get your AR vs. another guy saying you can't have an AR, I can wait. If me waiting means that some psycho can't walk into a gun shop all hyped up, buy a gun and take some people out, is that really a bad thing? Does it suck for those of us who play nicely? Most definitely.
    My opinion is just that, my opinion. How do we protect our rights and at the same time stop senseless violence. Serious question. You and I both know that a person did this, not a gun but we have to come up with a better solution than just flag waving and saying, "You can't tell me what to do!". People need an answer to gun violence. Shouldn't we, as gun owners come up with the answer before they do?
    Lol.

There is no solution beyond arming yourself, getting some training, and carrying confident in your ability to defeat evil if and when it comes your way.

There is no other solution, unless you're okay with locking people away for life before they do anything, because THEY MIGHT. If you think about long enough, with an open mind, you'll figure this out. Laws don't stop evil or crazy from being evil or crazy.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Why no name? Something is off.
    Seems they are hinting at something.
    Police Chief Randal Taylor also noted that a “significant” number of employees at the facility where the shooting took place Thursday night are members of the Sikh community.

Top Bottom