• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I thought his stance was good. Finally some common sense gun measures. Waiting periods, tighter background checks, no private sales. These are things we should have. A lot better than banning ARs or 80% firearms which would do nothing.
    Was this supposed to be in purple? All the things you listed will do absolutely nothing to prevent crime, but they will cause more issues for honest, law abiding citizens. If a bad guy is going to commit the major crime of murder do you really think he/she gives a damn about gun laws? Sheesh!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Oh, I'm sure. I'm just coming from if I have one guy saying you have to wait a little longer to get your AR vs. another guy saying you can't have an AR, I can wait. If me waiting means that some psycho can't walk into a gun shop all hyped up, buy a gun and take some people out, is that really a bad thing? Does it suck for those of us who play nicely? Most definitely.
    My opinion is just that, my opinion. How do we protect our rights and at the same time stop senseless violence. Serious question. You and I both know that a person did this, not a gun but we have to come up with a better solution than just flag waving and saying, "You can't tell me what to do!". People need an answer to gun violence. Shouldn't we, as gun owners come up with the answer before they do?

Pro Tip: Evil does not play by rules.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Oh, I'm sure. I'm just coming from if I have one guy saying you have to wait a little longer to get your AR vs. another guy saying you can't have an AR, I can wait. If me waiting means that some psycho can't walk into a gun shop all hyped up, buy a gun and take some people out, is that really a bad thing? Does it suck for those of us who play nicely? Most definitely.
    My opinion is just that, my opinion. How do we protect our rights and at the same time stop senseless violence. Serious question. You and I both know that a person did this, not a gun but we have to come up with a better solution than just flag waving and saying, "You can't tell me what to do!". People need an answer to gun violence. Shouldn't we, as gun owners come up with the answer before they do?
    This is the stupidest thing I have seen all week. It is not incumbent upon us to eliminate evil from the world, nor is it incumbent upon us to give up our rights because evil exists. People like you are among the best friends the leftists have.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...People need an answer to gun violence. Shouldn't we, as gun owners come up with the answer before they do?
    Well bless your heart.

You seem to think of this as some kind of negotiation. Like if we just give up a little more of our 2A rights, they'll leave us alone. That may be the case if the people wanting more restrictions were negotiating in good faith. They are NOT...

Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    How about when they say that YOU don't NEED that 45-70 you like so much and must turn it in? After all, it's a cowboy gun and we don't have scary cowboys anymore. :draw:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought his stance was good. Finally some common sense gun measures. Waiting periods, tighter background checks, no private sales. These are things we should have. A lot better than banning ARs or 80% firearms which would do nothing.
    Yeah, we don't need ANY of those things. None of them would do a damned thing to prevent something like this. GTFO with that ****.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The argument that we should compromise on our rights and give in before they vote to take them is absurd. The "common sense" goalpost keeps shifting

Eventually we still end up in the same place. Their idea of common sense then becomes confiscation.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    So waiting periods is the answer? Even though they have already been used and don't work we should do it again because maybe it will be the answer this time? :ugh:

The answer is simple, let people have the ability to defend themselves and others, in fact encourage it. Make it easier to receive training and again encourage it. Actually punishing criminals for their actions would be another good place to start, enough with the revolving door BS.

The answer is most definitely not make more people an easy target by putting restrictions on them, that's nonsense. Somebody that is going to murder people is not going to be dissuaded by stupid laws, Murder is already a Crime.

Jesus I'm sick of hearing how we need to start imposing restrictions on ourselves, otherwise someone else will impose them on us. That is absolute BS.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Had a friend that worked there part time at night for extra cash. After a day of plinking he had a .22 case that lodged in his shirt. A spent .22 case mind you. He took off his outer shirt to wear just his t shirt and it fell on the floor. Someone noticed and informed a manager. Fired on the spot and led out to his car by 4 members of security. Also trespassed so if he ever was found on the property he would be arrested. But hey it's a gun free zone ... What could happen.
    Talked to your friend this AM to confirm he isnt room temperature?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    At what point in time does your feelings over ride my and millions of other legal law abiding gun owners stop?

At what point do you get that warm fuzzy feeling of "common sense gun measures"?

It is not law enforcement duty to protect us from evil, evil has provide countless numbers of instances of using any means to cause death and terror.
    it has been proven time and time again.

What would you do if multiple intruders break into you home and the AR you used to have is no longer in your possession or over 10 round magazines are no longer allowed?

Bad guys are not going to follow the law and sure as h*ll freezing over will not pause the intrusion when you yell TIME OUT I NEED A MAG RELOAD because your fighting off multiple intruders in you home.

If you're married with children, how are you going to explain to your wife that your child is dead, or explain to your child that their mother is dead, or wife to the kids that their father is dead because the Bad guys wouldn't do a time out so you could change a 10 round empty mag.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    At what point in time does your feelings over ride my and millions of other legal law abiding gun owners stop?

At what point do you get that warm fuzzy feeling of "common sense gun measures"?

It is not law enforcement duty to protect us from evil, evil has provide countless numbers of instances of using any means to cause death and terror.
    it has been proven time and time again.

What would you do if multiple intruders break into you home and the AR you used to have is no longer in your possession or over 10 round magazines are no longer allowed?

Bad guys are not going to follow the law and sure as h*ll freezing over will not pause the intrusion when you yell TIME OUT I NEED A MAG RELOAD because your fighting off multiple intruders in you home.

If you're married with children, how are you going to explain to your wife that your child is dead, or explain to your child that their mother is dead, or wife to the kids that their father is dead because the Bad guys wouldn't do a time out so you could change a 10 round empty mag.
    Yep. for example:

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    more people are killed with hands and feet than Ar15s. Should we have a waiting period for hands and feet to?
    You can't grant an illogical premise and expect to win the argument.

SOUP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Noblesville
    The real issue trending here is gun free zones.

These politically correct corporate companies enforcing their employees to work in such conditions are to blame, the blood is on their hands, but they'll never see it that way.

I've already read that one employee had to run out to his vehicle to obtain his firearm? How many lives could have been saved if he simply could have had it on his person? Unfortunately we will never know, but these are the questions that need asked. Corporate America needs to reevaluate their priorities.

If any "common sense" gun legislation needs enacted, it the removal of gun free zones.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

You should REALLY REALLY study up on what you are saying here, my friend. Read and learn what the 2A is before starting trouble in a community that does understand it.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You are a victim of the liberal media anti-gun propaganda. Hopefully, you will stick around and learn...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I live in a country with MUCH tougher gun laws.

I have to wait 6 months to a year to buy a firearm.
    Get through weeks of mandatory firearms training.
    I need a special licence to buy a gun, another one to own the gun, and a third to buy ammo.
    The number of ammo, guns and magazines I can own is limited by law.
    I need to see a physician to get a psychiatric evaluation in order to apply for a gun licence.
    All guns have have to be registered.
    It's mandatory for me to own a gun safe in order to buy a gun.
    I have to travel nearly 3 hours to find a gun store that sell handguns.
    Private gun sales are illegal.
    At a shooting range I can't load more than 5 rounds into a magazine.
    And of course it's illegal for me to carry a gun anywhere.

That's just common sense, right?

And guess what, we still get mass shootings (130 death during a single attack in 2015).
    Even worst than in the US.

It's like criminals, terrorists and crazy people don't even try to follow the law.

Guns are stolen from law abiding citizens (very easy since by law all guns have to be kept unloaded and locked in a safe) or bought on the black market.

You can get a full auto AK for around $1000 from your local street dealer.
    No ID needed.

You are crazy if you think one more gun law (it's always "one more" until the next one) will change anything.

Top Bottom