• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How can you be the king of you don't write anything you play.

How can some hick, rip off southern black music bring nothing to the table and be the king?

Garbage.
    Duuuuude. Most everything you would consider "rock 'n roll", or whatever type of music you're into (except Techno - that's just weird), can trace its roots back to southern black music. Ever watch The Band's "Last Waltz" movie? It's available on demand for free if you have Comcast. It provides an interesting historical lesson with the interviews, as well as some kick ass music from legends in rock 'n roll.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    How can you be the king of you don't write anything you play.

How can some hick, rip off southern black music bring nothing to the table and be the king?

Garbage.
    Col. Tom Parker. Showman, sheister, thief.

The movie explains it quite well. We saw it Friday night, neither one of us are Elvis "fans" but enjoy some of his work. It went to great pains to define Parker the way I described him above. If even half of it is true Elvis would still be alive today and not near the super star he became.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Elvis I am sure got his fair share of tail back in the day but we have a touring musician today who might just rival mick jagger for tail and celebrity tail he beats him even giving mick 30 extra years

John Mayer

Jennifer Love Hewitt​

Vanessa Carlton​

Rhona Mitra​

Jessica Simpson​

Cameron Diaz:​

Minka Kelly​

Jennifer Aniston​

Scheana Marie​

Rashida Jones​

Taylor Swift​

Renee Zellweger​

Katy Perry​

Plus his guitar tone is something I have seldom heard outside on Eric Clapton.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Elvis? was a bit before my time. Had occasion to drive past his former home once not what you would expect, by todays Holly weird standards.
    Well, it's Memphis and it was an older house in the '70s. There is a big museum complex across the street. It's worth the trip, IMO, and I've been there twice.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think back in the day it was probably considered upscale, just not the mega mansions that seem to be the norm now.

Sure. The pool is tiny by modern standards as well. I like Graceland for many of the same reasons I like old European castles and royal residences. "No matter how much money and influence you had back (insert year here), this is the best you could do."

Reactions: wcd

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Sure. The pool is tiny by modern standards as well. I like Graceland for many of the same reasons I like old European castles and royal residences. "No matter how much money and influence you had back (insert year here), this is the best you could do."
    Agreed sometimes it’s interesting to see how people lived. Memphis has a few historically significant spots of interest.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Was in a cigar shop a few weeks ago....clerk was wearing one of these....fun to see.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Elvis I am sure got his fair share of tail back in the day but we have a touring musician today who might just rival mick jagger for tail and celebrity tail he beats him even giving mick 30 extra years

John Mayer

Jennifer Love Hewitt​

Vanessa Carlton​

Rhona Mitra​

Jessica Simpson​

Cameron Diaz:​

Minka Kelly​

Jennifer Aniston​

Scheana Marie​

Rashida Jones​

Taylor Swift​

Renee Zellweger​

Katy Perry​

Plus his guitar tone is something I have seldom heard outside on Eric Clapton.
    respect-hat.gif

Top Bottom