• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    In my opinion this looks amazing and I can not wait to see it.

I am a fan of 70's Elvis, I dig Vegas and the jumpsuits with the capes. Would have been cool to see him in concert.

Anyone here at Elvis's final concert in Indy?

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Look forward to seeing this in the theater. Was never a big Elvis fan, but when I was a kid, the women in our family lost their minds when Elvis was on TV. When he died, the local radio stations played nothing but his music for three days straight.

Reactions: Leo

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I still remember the day he died like it was yesterday!

The 68 comeback special was probably my favorite Elvis era, but I do dig 70s Elvis as well.

I think the 68 special was just the absolute definition of cool.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Mom and Dad were there at Market Square. I believe June 26 of '77......Somewhere there about. They have both gone the way of Elvis, but with less fanfare.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    This looks interesting in that I don't believe a lot of people were around when he became famous. I remember listening to his records and albums even before I entered school, as I had an older sister who was infatuated with him. Went to see his corny movies as well. To me he was a very big thing....until the Beatles came along and completely changed the music world.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone see it this weekend? From everything I am reading, I hear it is terrific.

Did not know if this was kid friendly. Elvis loved the ladies, just was not sure what it showed.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have not seen it, but I did read a review a couple of days ago that said the pg-13 rating is mainly for drug use and language. According to the review, there’s one f-bomb. It did say there’s a lot of implied sexual stuff, but other than one glimpse of a girls caboose, no sex scenes.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Elvis? was a bit before my time. Had occasion to drive past his former home once not what you would expect, by todays Holly weird standards.
    I've heard that Graceland isn't what many people would expect. Not like a "museum" so much as it is just a house left as it was when he lived there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I liked some of Elvis' stuff, but I never would have considered myself a "fan". I do understand the tremendous part he played in rock 'n roll history though, and I'll probably watch this when it becomes available on tv.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    When I worked for BMG Music Club (formerly RCA Music Club), I worked with a lady that had been there since the RCA days and she remembered Elvis visiting our facility when he was just a (her word) "kid".

Top Bottom