• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do admire the MSM working so hard to turn a traffic jam in NJ into a nationwide concern. Yet 4 dead in Benghazi? Nothing. The IRS persecuting conservative groups? Nothing. The NSA spying on Americans? Nothing. Spying on journalists? Yawn, still nothing. The list goes on and on. No outrage or even interest by the Press on any of that, but traffic? Now there's a story.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I do admire the MSM working so hard to turn a traffic jam in NJ into a nationwide concern. Yet 4 dead in Benghazi? Nothing. The IRS persecuting conservative groups? Nothing. The NSA spying on Americans? Nothing. Spying on journalists? Yawn, still nothing. The list goes on and on. No outrage or even interest by the Press on any of that, but traffic? Now there's a story.

Part of it is political, no doubt but another part of it could be because everybody knows what snarled traffic is like, hates it, and who hasn't wanted to get a hold of the jerk that caused it? :laugh:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Part of it is political, no doubt but another part of it could be because everybody knows what snarled traffic is like, hates it, and who hasn't wanted to get a hold of the jerk that caused it? :laugh:
    Depends on your perspective. The only traffic snarls I am likely to get in, is following an Amish buggy.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    .... Of course he's denying any knowledge. But he picks his staff, they are an extension of him. If RINOs have any sense they'll distance themselves from him.

So, let me guess... you have never been responsible for hiring and managing a large staff, right? Anybody that has knows that hiring is an imperfect science and getting staff to all march in the same direction is like herding cats. Of course the leader is ultimately responsible for what happens in his or her organization, but in practicality he really can't control everything. The jury is still out on what Christie knew or authorized. If he didn't know and didn't authorize, he did the right thing buy dropping the axe. If he did know and authorize, he's got bigger problems in the long run.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    After a stroke of epiphany, I am absolutely for a Chris Christie/Rand Paul 2016 ticket: once Christie topples over after the stress of inauguration, Paul will step in. Go, Chris Christie! Eat more donuts, you elephantine lunatic!

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County

And THIS is why the dems will win in 2016. These 'scandals' will be distant history by the time Jan 2015 hits. It will be rainbows and unicorns. It will take another major flub on Obamacare or a major hiccup that they can't ignore to bring it back up. I don't believe Obamacare is fixed, but as of 11/30/2013 you NEVER hear anything about any issues anymore except for the occasional rogue article. The low information voters will continue to get their news from the top half the paper and facebook and that will be that.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So, let me guess... you have never been responsible for hiring and managing a large staff, right? Anybody that has knows that hiring is an imperfect science and getting staff to all march in the same direction is like herding cats. Of course the leader is ultimately responsible for what happens in his or her organization, but in practicality he really can't control everything. The jury is still out on what Christie knew or authorized. If he didn't know and didn't authorize, he did the right thing buy dropping the axe. If he did know and authorize, he's got bigger problems in the long run.

You sound like you believe Obama learned about the IRS scandal from the news and had no knowledge of the website of his major piece of legislation being garbage?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Dude, didn't this go as high as deputy chief of staff? When you put together the leaders of YOUR staff, don't you set expectations? If the fat ass pussbag was at the beginning of his first term, and bis staff were all newbies, I'd probably cut him some slack. He's not just starting out. The people we know were involved weren't newbies on his staff. He set's the tone and boudaries by example. I strongly suspect that if he didn't know about it, his staff executed within the tone he set. I also suspect that he was more outraged that they left a paper trail and got caught than about the "callousness" they showed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just don't think that this is the event that will tank Christie's bid. It's a non-starter and he's done everything the way he should have to avoid any blowback. Only those already opposed to him will see this as the moment his would be campaign came crashing down, and they're gonna be disappointed if they think this is what will do him in.
    Agreed it probably won't tank him. The people who support him probably still support him. The people who hate him probably hate him more. The only place it may hurt him is the undecided. But that may be a wash too. A lot of people seem to be impressed with how he's handled this. I think he's a smarter politician than Obama or Hillary.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Hes what the left wants so therefore hes not what we want. They know there hasn't been a fat president for a long, long time. There isn't gonna be one any time soon either. Its too much of an american idol competition. If they aren't thin and purdy they won't be nominated. Mccain was selected for us by the left also.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Hes what the left wants so therefore hes not what we want. They know there hasn't been a fat president for a long, long time. There isn't gonna be one any time soon either. Its too much of an american idol competition. If they aren't thin and purdy they won't be nominated. Mccain was selected for us by the left also.

"Thin and Purdy?" LOL! Hillary is out. Christie won't get my vote. No Way! I can't in all good conscience vote Dem. The Repubs have to come up with something to gain my trust back before I'd don my consent. I don't see the Libs wooin' and courtin' me much yet either. Yea, there's time for me to be had but this sweet talk so far ain't gonna get me dropping my drawers for any of 'em.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    After a stroke of epiphany, I am absolutely for a Chris Christie/Rand Paul 2016 ticket: once Christie topples over after the stress of inauguration, Paul will step in. Go, Chris Christie! Eat more donuts, you elephantine lunatic!

Profoundly Machiavellian. Sir! You are evil! Cruel, but fair.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Same thing with McCain.... the media was all goo goo for McCain, he's a war hero, he's a maverick, he's a statesman... blah blah blah.
    As soon as the general elections comes around they turned on him as fast as they could.
    It will be the same for Christie, they will build him up until he gets the nomination then tear him down.
    They are SELECTING an unelectable douche for the Republicans for the express purpose of giving their chosen candidate (DEM) the election.
    It's blatant, it's been done before and I CAN NOT understand why these morons of this nation are falling for it. AGAIN.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    [QUOTE
    They are SELECTING an unelectable douche for the Republicans for the express purpose of giving their chosen candidate (DEM) the election.
    It's blatant, it's been done before and I CAN NOT understand why these morons of this nation are falling for it. AGAIN.[/QUOTE]

Votes used to be bought with a nickel beer and a sandwich. Votes were bought by hiring thugs to assure people voted the right way. Votes have always been bought. The only thing I see different is the currency.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have absolutely no faith in our political system any more. Remember that you heard it here. Even after O'Bummercare implodes and millions of people are uninsured or can not get the health coverage that they need for something that they could previously afford and lots more have died and/or are suffering unnecessarily and should the repukelicans win back the senate, hold the house and take the White House, we will be told that O'Bummercare is here to stay and that it would be too difficult or too expensive to make any major modifications to it. All that can be done are minor tweaks here and there. However, all of the people in government who get their subsidized GOLD PLAN O'Bummercare are greatly enjoying their cheap health care since they all have great hospitals and fine doctors to take care of their health and medical needs. We are like Europe, but do not yet know it and I really do think that we have passed the point of no return.

Top Bottom