• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Who cares, Doc? All politicians are corrupt, some more than others. This stuff is not new and it is not a BFD.

A bridge closure is not really life-altering. A bridge to nowhere, although curious, is not either.

We get fed this bs 24/7 by idiots who try to make the most mundane sound either exciting or threatening. I don't care what Christie did with the bridge. I know Obama is a crappy manager interested only in himself.

This stuff will drive you crazy if you let it. I've stopped watching anything other than local news and even then it's more to pick on hairstyles of the weather girls.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    yeah, I hope the fat ass pussbag rots in jail for abusing the power of the office. Of course he's denying any knowledge. But he picks his staff, they are an extension of him. If RINOs have any sense they'll distance themselves from him.

LOL! Obama picked his staff and then has the balls to claim he was NOT informed of any decision, crime, or conduct by them. Christie probably thinks it'll work for him as well.
    I still assert that morals, truth, and serving the people, are all things not even considered by a large percentage of the voters anyway.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Not to worry, Harry. Dan is worried about bridges. I'm more concerned about our boys being exposed to IED's in a country I could give 2 bowel movements about.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Not really...Hillary is better looking than I am. The point is..If we accept corruption as the "norm", that is what we will always have. It would be wonderful if the world were a safe enough place, that there existed no need to exert force around the globe to protect our allies, and stem the rise of radicals that hate us.
    I take a dim view of the abuse of power, having been the victim a few times...

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    All large institutions are corrupt. One of the things I agree with Saint Ronnie on is that government is the problem.

It has been the norm since the Pharoahs were the most powerful people on earth. If you assume that the politician you are working with is greedy and corrupt, you'll never be disappointed.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    All large institutions are corrupt. One of the things I agree with Saint Ronnie on is that government is the problem.

It has been the norm since the Pharoahs were the most powerful people on earth. If you assume that the politician you are working with is greedy and corrupt, you'll never be disappointed.

I will tell you one thing for SURE..If we are all involved in demanding transparency in politicians, especially at a local level, and we use the ability that we have to communicate injustice..we can change some of this.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I thought so too. We voted in a new mayor in 2012. What does he do? Buy himself a couple of police-type vehicles for his "official" use, authorize the building of an indoor pool for about $12 million and buy a repo building and refit it for new city offices.

And this guy ran on a conservative platform!

Can't wait for the next election. I'm gonna run a chimpanzee. At least the chimp won't do any more than steal bananas and poop wherever he wants.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I thought so too. We voted in a new mayor in 2012. What does he do? Buy himself a couple of police-type vehicles for his "official" use, authorize the building of an indoor pool for about $12 million and buy a repo building and refit it for new city offices.

Can't wait for the next election. I'm gonna run a chimpanzee. At least the chimp won't do any more than steal bananas and poop wherever he wants.

I hope you have been talking to everyone you know. Have you walked into the mayor's office? Make noise! At some point we are going to have to force some changes...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I want the social security I paid into all of my life. It's not a benefit.

You can't be serious!

Social Security is a tax and welfare. Period. There's no account with your name on it. There's no law stating that your benefits cannot be doubled or halved.

[video=youtube_share;rCdgv7n9xCY]http://youtu.be/rCdgv7n9xCY[/video]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is interesting how the MSM's favorite Republicans just get savaged by them when it looks like they will run for the big seat. I really didn't expect them to turn the heat up until after he got through the primary.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy

Jet Girl can be the campaign manager.....I'd vote for a chimp that OCs a 1911

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    It is interesting how the MSM's favorite Republicans just get savaged by them when it looks like they will run for the big seat. I really didn't expect them to turn the heat up until after he got through the primary.

I really liked Christie the first few times I saw him handle the press and hecklers at a townhall or press conference. After hearing him support a variety of gun "control" measures and listening to him some more I was afraid he would run for president and aid and abet the forces of evil under the GOP banner.

After seeing this particular scandal unfold it seems quite in character for him to have done precisely what was done out of anger and revenge. Now all kinds of staffers and others in his employ are taking the blame, resigning and being fired and refusing to answer questions under threat of contempt charges. If he did do it, I hope he does get caught. A lot of folks suffered for the unnecessary closures in a variety of ways and one person may have died as a result of this vicious act. Someone needs to be punished and the GOP needs a better candidate.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Bridge firestorm could have bigger impact on Christie - CNN.com

Yes, it's begun, but Christie is no big loss, I'd rather do without him. I read one report of them comparing him to Nixon, which is about right, on the policy level, big government, big spending and anti-gun.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I really liked Christie the first few times I saw him handle the press and hecklers at a townhall or press conference. After hearing him support a variety of gun "control" measures and listening to him some more I was afraid he would run for president and aid and abet the forces of evil under the GOP banner.

After seeing this particular scandal unfold it seems quite in character for him to have done precisely what was done out of anger and revenge. Now all kinds of staffers and others in his employ are taking the blame, resigning and being fired and refusing to answer questions under threat of contempt charges. If he did do it, I hope he does get caught. A lot of folks suffered for the unnecessary closures in a variety of ways and one person may have died as a result of this vicious act. Someone needs to be punished and the GOP needs a better candidate.

I am by NO means a Christie supporter. I'd rather see him NOT run. I fear he may siphon votes from a quality candidate, if there is such a thing.
    That said,
    Everyone that's even HEARD of this should be flogged, tarred, and feathered, fired, fined, fornicated, and run out of town on a rail.
    This "bridge incident" after-all is MUCH more serious and consequential than that whole phony Benghazi
    scandal.
    Only 4 Americans died there.
    In New Jersey THOUSANDS of people were made to wait a while!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I am by NO means a Christie supporter. I'd rather see him NOT run. I fear he may siphon votes from a quality candidate, if there is such a thing.
    That said,
    Everyone that's even HEARD of this should be flogged, tarred, and feathered, fired, fined, fornicated, and run out of town on a rail.
    This "bridge incident" after-all is MUCH more serious and consequential than that whole phony Benghazi
    scandal.
    Only 4 Americans died there.
    In New Jersey THOUSANDS of people were made to wait a while!

That's right. More heads have rolled over "bridgegate" than Benghazi, the IRS political targeting scandals, and Obamacare combined.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom