• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I want the social security I paid into all of my life. It's not a benefit.

That is the way it was sold to the public but in front of the Supreme Court the FDR Administration argued it as a simple tax. so you are no more entitled to it than any of your other taxes they take.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I just don't think that this is the event that will tank Christie's bid. It's a non-starter and he's done everything the way he should have to avoid any blowback. Only those already opposed to him will see this as the moment his would be campaign came crashing down, and they're gonna be disappointed if they think this is what will do him in.

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think that at this stage in the political game; anything that is negative press on potential candidates are under the microscope from both parties. It could hurt Christie but it could be early. Hillary did it right to get out when she did because it gives people time to forget about Benghazi. Regardless, we get screwed by either party.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think that at this stage in the political game; anything that is negative press on potential candidates are under the microscope from both parties. It could hurt Christie but it could be early. Hillary did it right to get out when she did because it gives people time to forget about Benghazi. Regardless, we get screwed by either party.

Hillary isn't out. Just doin' the "Duck and Dodge", layin' low, hoping it will be forgotten by paying to dispute the facts, misleading advertising over the net, etc. I don't think it makes much difference. Most of the people are just going to jerk off to the party lever.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Not a fan of Christy. Big fat fake! I'm still holding out on another run by Perry or I hear Huckabee is running agian. I like Scott Walker also. Christy is not the one! Sooner or later he'll sink his own ship! MHO

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Not a fan of Christy. Big fat fake! I'm still holding out on another run by Perry or I hear Huckabee is running agian. I like Scott Walker also. Christy is not the one! Sooner or later he'll sink his own ship! MHO
    None of the people you mention have a chance in hell of winning against virtually anyone, especially a Hillary. Perry and Huckabee are nonstarters. Walker won't even make it out of the gate. Unless the republicans can come up with someone decent it's going to be a democrat win in '16. They've got the numbers and the gop has to run someone with broad appeal to win. None of those guys you like have that. Especially, Perry and Huckabee.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    None of the people you mention have a chance in hell of winning against virtually anyone, especially a Hillary. Perry and Huckabee are nonstarters. Walker won't even make it out of the gate. Unless the republicans can come up with someone decent it's going to be a democrat win in '16. They've got the numbers and the gop has to run someone with broad appeal to win. None of those guys you like have that. Especially, Perry and Huckabee.

As you (or Hillary) would say: why does it matter? Especially in a matchup in which Christie in the nominee there is no difference. Are you just looking for the most unpalatable nominee from the D's and R's in order to boost the LP showing to 4%?

JimboCX

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Hillary isn't out. Just doin' the "Duck and Dodge", layin' low, hoping it will be forgotten by paying to dispute the facts, misleading advertising over the net, etc. I don't think it makes much difference. Most of the people are just going to jerk off to the party lever.

Harry...that is what I meant. It seems how we the people forget things in a short amount of time when it comes to politics. So much media coverage slings an abundant amount of mud at both parties where it becomes very difficult to keep track who did what.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    As you (or Hillary) would say: why does it matter? Especially in a matchup in which Christie in the nominee there is no difference. Are you just looking for the most unpalatable nominee from the D's and R's in order to boost the LP showing to 4%?
    Running with something that doesn't mean anything again, I see. Christie, for all his flaws has that broad appeal. That's why multiple polls show him virtually neck and neck in a Hillary/Christie matchup. Candidates do matter and none of the ones Skulldaddy brought up are even close to being acceptable to a wide enough group of people to even start the race, little less finish it.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I never said they would win, just making a statement on who I like. Hillary, I believe doesn't have a chance in hell. Way to much baggage, and kanckels! To early to make a prediction. Reagan didn't have a chance in hell either. If you remember he blew his first debates much like Perry did. But came back better and stronger the next run. Hillary is to intertwined with Obama. She might has well be a snowball sitting at the train station destination Hell! That's about how much chance I see she having. Once again, JMHO.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Running with something that doesn't mean anything again, I see. Christie, for all his flaws has that broad appeal. That's why multiple polls show him virtually neck and neck in a Hillary/Christie matchup. Candidates do matter and none of the ones Skulldaddy brought up are even close to being acceptable to a wide enough group of people to even start the race, little less finish it.

Huh, aren't you the one always saying both major parties are just the same? Why so passionate about Christie?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Huh, aren't you the one always saying both major parties are just the same? Why so passionate about Christie?
    I'm not "passionate" about Christie, in the least. Just stating the facts as the polls are showing them and the would be candidates histories show. Right now Christie is the gop front runner. It's his race to lose, if the polls, (multiple) are right. And yes, there's little to no difference between the dems and gop when it comes to the basics. Two wings of the same, tired old party.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    It's far too early to even guess who will be competing for the nomination let alone who will run on either side and win. Carter was just a peanut farmer from GA. that got elected Governor, Reagan was just a former Dem turned Repub. that graduated from Eureka college in Illinois (not from an IVY League college) and got elected CA. Gov., Clinton was a nobody Gov. from Arkansas with a bunch of covered up baggage, Bush was a silver spoon President's kid that got himself elected Gov. in Texas and wasn't supposed to have a snowball's chance in Hades when he was first introduced. And the nomination process for the Dems in '08 was supposed to just be a formality for a Hilly run. These were the conventional wisdom at the time and all share the one thing. They all turned out to be way off. Say whatever you want about whomever you want now, but you will likely be wrong.

The powers that be that run both parties will get whomever they prefer to run in whatever manner they think will work best. And there ain't nothing that we can do about it. Both parties are run by the Progressives and they have no intention of letting the little folk take things out of their hands. They plan on taking the country and the world where they want to take and they ain't giving up the power, ever. The see it as their world and we're just along for the ride and to supply the labor.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I'm not "passionate" about Christie, in the least. Just stating the facts as the polls are showing them and the would be candidates histories show. Right now Christie is the gop front runner. It's his race to lose, if the polls, (multiple) are right. And yes, there's little to no difference between the dems and gop when it comes to the basics. Two wings of the same, tired old party.

The polls are manipulated just as much or more than the media. Drill down into the questions and the demographics and you can get glimpse into the REAL truth.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I agree that it's way to early to be nominating anyone just yet. Just like in '08 a nobody can come from nowhere and win everything!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yep, it's so early but just like we like pre-season prognostications about football, basketball, baseball, etc. teams, they're just guesses based on factors we think are important.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Yep, it's so early but just like we like pre-season prognostications about football, basketball, baseball, etc. teams, they're just guesses based on factors we think are important.
    Yep, and like sports, politics can be just plain fun to watch! Mr. Wiener was just so hilarious to watch, so is Biden! Like watching the Cubs!:n00b:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Christie is just an example of the MSM making the choice. If you look at all the stories before this cockup he is praised as the second coming for Republicans. Why? Why do you think?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom