• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Although his re-election victory yesterday was pretty much expected, it was a blowout.

He's acceptable to many Democrats and Independents, but may not be favored by the Far Right.

Wouldn't it be nice to avoid the RNC Clown Contest and get just a couple of qualified governors to debate the real issues affecting out country in 2016 during the primaries?

I only have 2 questions of Christie: Is he healthy enough for the stress of 8 years in the White House? What is his real position on Gun Control?

Last edited:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    God forbid. Last thing we need is a RINO in the White House.

Correction: second to last thing we need.

the "far" right? By that do you mean people who prefer liberty? The fact that Christie is "acceptable" to the FAR left IMO is the reason he should not be our candidate.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    The Far Right is you, I would imagine. The 15% of the crazies with hair on fire on the right side of the political spectrum who think they are the only ones who guard our country for God & Family.:p

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I really don't want to debate the gun issue. I'm concerned about what Christie's position would be on the issue. And, if a democrat is elected, there is a more likely push for further restrictions.

ps. I had an unfortunate incident and lost all my guns and ammo in the swamp.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Far Right you, I would imagine. The 15% of the crazies with hair on fire on the right side of the political spectrum.:p

What makes me "crazy?" Is it because I think I already pay enough taxes? Or maybe its because I think the federal government has no business in healthcare? Because I support the 2A? Maybe I'm crazy because I think government spending needs to be cut back. Yep, I'm ooouuuut there. /cue theme from twighlight zone.

What defines far right? As far as I can see its just a mudslinging term far lefties like to throw at anyone who doesn't whole heartedly hate the constitution.

Ill start it out with my definition of a far left:
    1. Thinks they deserve my taxes.
    2. Thinks they deserve free ...
    3. Thinks I am safer without the 2A.
    4. Thinks .gov does a better job running my life than I do.
    5. Thinks PC education is more important that competition.
    6. Thinks facts are annoying red herrings in what should be an emotional emesis.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Define yourself as you wish. If you're politically astute, I shouldn't have to describe a commonly accepted term.

You've forgotten to add a number of non-economic issues and principles that are non-negotiable in the view of this segment of the spectrum and are not consistent with the majority of our citizens.

michele-bachman-crazy-eyes-620x330.jpg

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I can't imagine enough actual conservatives will vote for Christie under any circumstances. True conservatives aren't good at holding their noses and why should they be? Christie is only acceptable to the big government Republican crowd who still call themselves conservatives. In New Jersey the lefties had no viable option. In a national election he will get his extremely large ass handed to hm.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I really don't want to debate the gun issue. I'm concerned about what Christie's position would be on the issue. And, if a democrat is elected, there is a more likely push for further restrictions.

ps. I had an unfortunate incident and lost all my guns and ammo in the swamp.

If I recall correctly, I remember Christie being on the left when it comes to 2a support. I will try and hunt down his response to one of the recent shootings to re-verify this, but his words were less than favorable. I personally do not like him for POTUS, he has to much east coast flare for me and I get a bad vibe about him like I do Barry.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    All of those Democrats and talking head media types that love Christie, will abandon him in a heart beat if he is the GOP nominee for POTUS. They all loved McCain as the Republican Senator that so many Republicans didn't like. That is what they find endearing about Christie. They know the right wingers, that the MSM hates so much, do not and will not support Christie. So they will all like him and support him until, like McCain, it becomes crunch time.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Define yourself as you wish. If you're politically astute, I shouldn't have to describe a commonly accepted term.

You've forgotten to add a number of non-economic issues that are non-negotiable in the view of this segment of the spectrum.

commonly accepted by who? You continue to bandy about vague terms with no real meaning.

There are any number of issues that we could add. That would take all day. I posted my core concerns. You labeled me as a crazy far right politically non astute religious fanatic. I'm asking you for evidence or even a definition that includes me and you can't provide one. I doubt if you did provide one it would hold water. So take your far left propaganda to the low IQ, low info voters. They'll eat it up.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    All of those Democrats and talking head media types that love Christie, will abandon him in a heart beat if he is the GOP nominee for POTUS. They all loved McCain as the Republican Senator that so many Republicans didn't like. That is what they find endearing about Christie. They know the right wingers, that the MSM hates so much, do not and will not support Christie. So they will all like him and support him until, like McCain, it becomes crunch time.

And then we will discover that Christie outsources jobs to China, killed some guy's wife, and ate his dog.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If I recall correctly, I remember Christie being on the left when it comes to 2a support. I will try and hunt down his response to one of the recent shootings to re-verify this, but his words were less than favorable. I personally do not like him for POTUS, he has to much east coast flare for me and I get a bad vibe about him like I do Barry.
    Chris Christie on Gun Control
    How Conservatives Will Use Chris Christie's Victory Against Him - NationalJournal.com

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Of course they support him. They will push him relentlessly knowing full well that he can't win. They have already successfully used that strategy twice.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood

Thanks, BUT I was actually wanting to find something with him actually speaking on the issue! This way there is no disputable evidence: I found a clip from Dec 2012, I know it is old, however a politician doesn't "magically" change his tone on gun control until it comes around for election time -Just look at the POTUS.

Chris Christie - We Need a National Conversation About Guns - YouTube -You can listen to the whole thing of skip to around the 5 minute mark.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Of course they support him. They will push him relentlessly knowing full well that he can't win. They have already successfully used that strategy twice.

And repubs will be right here telling us we have to vote Christie over Hillary.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I'd like to see congress get back to managing this country again. The deadlock of these two presidential terms doesn't help you, me or our children and grandchildren.

I guess I'd generally define the attributes of a segment political spectrum as not totally locked in on all issues, but are primarily defined by a set of issues/ideas that are firm enough to waste political capital on.

For example, I'm an economic conservative but believe we have a responsibilty to the eldery, the poor and children (the most easily preyed upon classes in our society). I don't believe in Roe v Wade, but I wouldn't waste a dime of political capital trying to change it.

As to the democrats who favored McCain. Yes, probably true. But anyone who has followed this cowboy's career knows he's really a bumbler and a war hawk and the least likely man to have fixed the financial meltdown of 2008.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom