Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So now that a few “peaceful” protesters have lost their lives playing stupid games will their mommies and daddies finally step in and make them stay in the basement instead of going out to play with the other kids?
    No.
    Ain’t no daddies.
    Momma be like “get yo @$$ outta bed” as she grabbing the bullhorn walking out the door for the evening.

(not a rasiss)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe because it's not your job to pursue a dangerous person? It's your job to back off. Now if he did say he was getting a gun and he was already attacking you then you might have an argument. But I agree I wouldn't want to have to prove that.

It was their job to arrest him. They were advised by the dispatch that there was a warrant for his arrest. So they were going to take him into custody regardless of why the cops were called there in the first place. I can see that from a different perspective, it seems like the cops are just there to throw their weight around. They called police because of some spat getting out of hand, Blake was just trying to keep the peace. And then the cops show up and try to take him down. Without knowledge of the full context, it's understandable they'd be shocked by that. And then when he resisted arrest, it just makes the cops look horribly bad.

Okay, so with the fuller context, police knew him, and they were told he had an arrest warrant for domestic violence and I think some kind of sex crime. So they go to arrest him and he resists. HE escalates things by resisting. Maybe he's known to have a gun in his car, maybe not. That point's uncertain. Maybe he tells them he does, that point's uncertain. He gets tazed. That doesn't work. He fights to get into his car, looks to be trying to get something. I mean. In a situation like that, if you were a police officer, after THAT kind of violent escalation, what would you do? De-escalating is off the table at that point because the likelihood of you being shot is high. It's very unlikely that he's reaching in his car for a business card.

No, people like this don't deserve to be shot. The crimes he was being arrested for aren't capital crimes. Resisting arrest isn't a capital crime. But when you bring violence into an encounter, that violence has to be met in like kind or cops will end up dead. Him escalating violence is the most prominent and impactful act in the whole encounter. He bears the brunt of the responsibility for getting shot. He put violence on the table where there didn't need to be.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was their job to arrest him. They were advised by the dispatch that there was a warrant for his arrest. So they were going to take him into custody regardless of why the cops were called there in the first place. I can see that from a different perspective, it seems like the cops are just there to throw their weight around. They called police because of some spat getting out of hand, Blake was just trying to keep the peace. And then the cops show up and try to take him down. Without knowledge of the full context, it's understandable they'd be shocked by that. And then when he resisted arrest, it just makes the cops look horribly bad.

Okay, so with the fuller context, police knew him, and they were told he had an arrest warrant for domestic violence and I think some kind of sex crime. So they go to arrest him and he resists. HE escalates things by resisting. Maybe he's known to have a gun in his car, maybe not. That point's uncertain. Maybe he tells them he does, that point's uncertain. He gets tazed. That doesn't work. He fights to get into his car, looks to be trying to get something. I mean. In a situation like that, if you were a police officer, after THAT kind of violent escalation, what would you do? De-escalating is off the table at that point because the likelihood of you being shot is high. It's very unlikely that he's reaching in his car for a business card.

No, people like this don't deserve to be shot. The crimes he was being arrested for aren't capital crimes. Resisting arrest isn't a capital crime. But when you bring violence into an encounter, that violence has to be met in like kind or cops will end up dead. Him escalating violence is the most prominent and impactful act in the whole encounter. He bears the brunt of the responsibility for getting shot. He put violence on the table where there didn't need to be.
    Highlighted part turned out not to be the case apparently. The police were called because Blake was there at his girlfriend's house when he wasn't supposed to be, and took her keys and refused to give them back. He wasn't there to break up a fight between two females as was first reported.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    In libertarian circles it's called the non-aggression principle or NAP for short, as in "so and so violated the NAP when they threw a Molotov into my house."

Exactly. The kid had as much right to be there as any of the BLM folks WHO BROUGHT THEIR FIREARMS too. We can talk about the foolishness of putting yourself in that position. But anywhere you have a right to be, notwithstanding the wisdom or foolishness of being there, you also have a right to be armed and protect yourself. I'm not sure my son understood that yet. I think the thinks of himself as fairly libertarian, and so he kinda shares the elements of distrust of police; not in a "sovereign citizen" sort of way. But he does seem eager to focus on the bad elements in policing more than the good. But because of his libertarian streak, I think I should introduce him to the principle of Initiation of Force standard. Perhaps that it's a "libertarian" principle, his side-taking might open him to that principle, which I think is generally good.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Any clue who the guy was that rendered aid to red shirt guy after he was shot? My first impression was that he and red shirt were both chasing the kid. Some have said he was just video'ing the protests/riots. Nothing even semi-reliable on him.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/26/...tester-life-shot-head-kenosha-wisconsin-riot/

"The Daily Caller’s Richie McGinniss tried to save the life of an individual shot in the head during the Wednesday morning riots in Kenosha, Wisconsin, according to videos posted to Twitter.

"McGinniss was covering the protest with The Daily Caller’s Shelby Talcott when multiple shots rang out, hitting one man in the side of the head."

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    doesn't look that way. the medic/ felon stopped advancing and threw his hands up after the skater got shot. the kid had the shot but didn't take it until the medic advanced while drawing down.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Highlighted part turned out not to be the case apparently. The police were called because Blake was there at his girlfriend's house when he wasn't supposed to be, and took her keys and refused to give them back. He wasn't there to break up a fight between two females as was first reported.

Some more context which points away from a ridiculous narrative. I think it's possible that more information could come out that impugn the officers, but possibly in procedural matters, but unlikely criminal. It looks to me like it's a justified shooting. When cops are trying to arrest you, you're putting the use of violence against you on the table by resisting.

The narrative that this happened because of race is ridiculous. I think after having more facts it's okay for the NBA to go back to work. Not that I care if they don't.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Speaking of the NBA, when the money dries up because no one cares to watch a game played by triggered, wealthy, prima donnas pretending to be victims, what will Lebron do?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Im generally in agreement. Yes, it was stupid to show up, but hey, he has that right. I think he was proper in deploying deadly force on those who were attacking him. I wouldn’t convict him on that....BUT, if you’ve seen the video, he unloads about 5 or 6 rounds indiscriminately down range, when it appears he had no reason to. If one of the deceased is a result of that second part, then it won’t bode well for him. Again, why do people put themselves in such situations? Want some trigger time? Join the service.

Which video? Isn't that part of the problem.

36 year old red shirt dude chased down the 17 year old TEENAGE suspect, threw something at him. The red shirt dude almost catches up to the TEEN when the TEEN turns and opens fire. There might be gunfire from other people at the same time. Red shirt dude gets shot in head. To me it looked as if, because the TEEN was chased into the car lot, ran into cars that were there, had a 36 year old man almost on top of him, probably did fear for his life.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Andy Ngô is by far the best reporter on all-things Antifa. Why am I not shocked that all three people who attacked and were shot by Rittenhouse had criminal histories?

lB72fr9.jpg

CWbTWRk.jpg

wkUJb73.jpg

So 3 scumbags got shot.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Speaking of the NBA, when the money dries up because no one cares to watch a game played by triggered, wealthy, prima donnas pretending to be victims, what will Lebron do?
    Sadly he has more than enough money to live a posh life and then some.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I am heartened by the fact that Antifa's best attempted to chase down and kill a child, and the result was 2 dead Antifa criminal scumbags and 1 seriously injured Antifa criminal scumbag.

Top Bottom