Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I am betting that is before the shooting. That looks like the kind of stuff that happens before you shoot you shoot a handful of people rather than the kind of stuff that happens afterwords.

I am not sure what your beef with the single point sling is. I think the sling worked fine. An argument can be made that his gear worked pretty well.

Does the shooter clear a malfunction before he blows the chunk out of the "medic's" arm?
    It "looks like that kind of stuff that happens" is exactly Shannons way of manipulating people.
    IIRC when you watch the compiled videos in order the last one ends with the kid, the shooter, walking with his hands up towards the cops except for when he has to grab his rifle repeatedly right in front of the cops because it is swinging out of control, and then you hear them say "we appreciate you" (not to him).
    Am I wrong on the order, according to these videos, not shannon?

I will say single point was beneficial when he was on the ground, but he had no control over it walking toward the popo, which made me actually flinch watching. I've tried single point and its not for me in my applications.

ETA I don't recall seeing a malfunction but I could have easily missed it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah I heard about what that stupid ass Dom Lemon said about the rioting needing to stop because it's polling badly. Howbout the rioting needs to be stopped because of it's lawless uncivilized behavior tearing apart communities?

Well, that's just crazy talk.

:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I need a LEO to explain this, methinks. Blake is tased and gets up from tasing (pretty much what I stated I saw in the video back when). He doesn't have a knife in his hand, since the knife is in the car, according to the investigators.

So, as a cop, are you going to put yourself within the reach of a hand with a knife, or are you going to open the distance and await further action on the part of Blake?

I know this is 20/20 hindsight, but my reaction would have been to back off while covering him.

Please advise.

Im not so sure the knife was in the car before he tried to enter it. I think it was already on his person. The issue, at least as far as I’m concerned, is why the deceased was allowed to get up, walk completely around the car, open the door and try and get in. It’s well understood, that you don’t let people into cars, and when force has already been used, yeah deadly force usually is employ when someone tries to enter a vehicle. If they had been struggling with the guy and he had gotten free, and tried to dash into the passengers side of the car, that’s easier to explain. However, going the long way around, and no one makes that guy eat pavement? I just don’t get it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Im not so sure the knife was in the car before he tried to enter it. I think it was already on his person. The issue, at least as far as I’m concerned, is why the deceased was allowed to get up, walk completely around the car, open the door and try and get in. It’s well understood, that you don’t let people into cars, and when force has already been used, yeah deadly force usually is employ when someone tries to enter a vehicle. If they had been struggling with the guy and he had gotten free, and tried to dash into the passengers side of the car, that’s easier to explain. However, going the long way around, and no one makes that guy eat pavement? I just don’t get it.

Thanks. Yeah, I can see how you don't want someone to get into the vehicle or its contents. Thanks.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    U1weoRM.jpg

Is it remotely possible that with all the riots and protests going on, that they were apprehensive to make him "eat pavement" in front of cameras?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    U1weoRM.jpg

Is it remotely possible that with all the riots and protests going on, that they were apprehensive to make him "eat pavement" in front of cameras?

Absolutely.

And I just thought of this. Switching gears. That kid was 17? Could he legally carry a long gun in Wisconsin? That might end up being a pretty significant issue, especially if local LE made contact with him prior to the shooting.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Absolutely.

And I just thought of this. Switching gears. That kid was 17? Could he legally carry a long gun in Wisconsin? That might end up being a pretty significant issue, especially if local LE made contact with him prior to the shooting.

According to numerous articles I've read, no it was not illegal for him to have the rifle and carry it, even at his age.

http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/948/60
    (a) Any person under 18 years of age who possesses or goes armed with a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
    This section applies only to a person under 18 years of age who possesses or is armed with a rifle or a shotgun if the person is in violation of s. 941.28 or is not in compliance with ss. 29.304 and 29.593.

941.28 Possession of short-barreled shotgun or short-barreled rifle.
    29.304 Restrictions on hunting and use of firearms by persons under 16 years of age.
    29.593 Requirement for certificate of accomplishment to obtain hunting approval.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I don't think he died?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    According to numerous articles I've read, no it was not illegal for him to have the rifle and carry it, even at his age.

[/FONT]

All the articles I’ve read, supporting his carry, all link to the same article; and honestly it seems like a bunch of creative writing. Reading WI code, it seems the exception, for those under 18, is only for hunting. Now I’m not an legal eagle, but I don’t see how he had that ability. Perhaps one the Ingo legal department can chime in? Regards of how we feel about what unfolded, we can’t start trying to shoehorn laws to fit beliefs.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    I will get properly indignant only when they ALL openly and seriously address the daily killings pf b
    ack folks in CHICAGO. Until then, it is nothing more than an excuse for illegal behavior!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I will get properly indignant only when they ALL openly and seriously address the daily killings pf b
    ack folks in CHICAGO. Until then, it is nothing more than an excuse for illegal behavior!

I hate this argument. Black on black crime, in Chicago, or wherever is overwhelmingly mope on mope violence. Criminals do criminal things. Are we supposed to expect more from them? Those persons can rightly be called “thugs.” Conversely, and I’m speaking in general sense, if a police officer kills someone without the legal justifications to do so, it’s noteworthy. Why? Because police officers aren’t generally mopes nor criminals. They unlike criminals are expected to hold themselves to a infinitely higher standard of conduct. Comparing Officers to Criminals is distasteful, and to the 99.99999% of LE that do the job the right way, they understand the difference.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    It "looks like that kind of stuff that happens" is exactly Shannons way of manipulating people.
    IIRC when you watch the compiled videos in order the last one ends with the kid, the shooter, walking with his hands up towards the cops except for when he has to grab his rifle repeatedly right in front of the cops because it is swinging out of control, and then you hear them say "we appreciate you" (not to him).
    Am I wrong on the order, according to these videos, not shannon?

I will say single point was beneficial when he was on the ground, but he had no control over it walking toward the popo, which made me actually flinch watching. I've tried single point and its not for me in my applications.

ETA I don't recall seeing a malfunction but I could have easily missed it.

I hear you. I think you are wrong about the "we appreciate you" video. I am basing it mostly on the body language and physical condition of the shooter. I am often wrong. I think it would be more damning to the police if that vid was from after the shooting. What makes you think that vid was after the shooting?

Tombs' post number 272 links some pretty good quality vids on Twitter. The audio and video are pretty good. His last shot into "skateboard guy" sounds different and I think he racks the rifle after shooting the skateboard guy. He points at the "medic" who holds his hands up and then as he racks he rifle, the "medic" moves on him and the shooter pops him in the arm. That is the second/last vid linked in post 272 of this thread. At about 5 seconds in you can hear him rack it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

My only issue would be shooting him as he’s retreating with his back turned with a knife. I support the cops and i guess it’s justified but I don’t understand why if I did the same thing I’d likely be in prison.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I put it on youtube so people won't miss it.

[video=youtube;o1cgS9HQ2-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1cgS9HQ2-I[/video]

looking like self defense all the way through to me. Will wait for police investigation and what happens if it gets to court. I still don't know what started it all.

Top Bottom