Are you prepared for the modern day "protester"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    We've had some pretty obscene things said to my wife and we both just laughed and kept going. Last year at river rally a black pistons member told us what he was going to do to her and again we just laughed and finished our food and went to listen to the music. Half an hour later I see a hand coming up to her butt so I side stepped and let him get a handful of mine instead. I think he was upset because mine isn't as big as hers or something because I got glares from him all night lol. Again unless it crosses over to being straight up illegal to the point it can't be handled civilly (or making it akward for him) we don't care. If it does get to the point where I feel it's crossed the line and becomes illegal the police are only a phone call away. My responsibility is to take care of my family and I can't do that if I'm in jail or have to spend money to not be in jail. I don't need to come up with the alternate script to a dirty Harry movie to make myself feel good like some here do.
    I can agree with you that illegally assaulting someone isn't the way to go in these sorts of scenarios.

What I can't agree with is your apparent implication (unless I'm misunderstanding you) that for a man to do the sorts of things you described to a lady should somehow be acceptable in our society because it's "just words." I don't believe that Free Speech gives a man the right to go up to a random woman in public and make those sorts of lewd comments, any more than it gives him the right to make death threats.

The desire of a husband to protect his wife from the unwanted sexual advances of other men is a fundamental piece of a moral, civilized person's principles, and to imply that having that desire is somehow just the result of an overinflated ego, I just don't get that.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I can agree with you that illegally assaulting someone isn't the way to go in these sorts of scenarios.

What I can't agree with is your apparent implication (unless I'm misunderstanding you) that for a man to do the sorts of things you described to a lady should somehow be acceptable in our society because it's "just words." I don't believe that Free Speech gives a man the right to go up to a random woman in public and make those sorts of lewd comments, any more than it gives him the right to make death threats.

The desire of a husband to protect his wife from the unwanted sexual advances of other men is a fundamental piece of a moral, civilized person's principles, and to imply that having that desire is somehow just the result of an overinflated ego, I just don't get that.
    Guess we'll agree to disagree. I can be the knight in shining armor in the moment or I can be there in the long run. I plan on being there for the long run. Most things can be handled by calmly talking. Had a guy at work that was friends with my wife's ex that was trying to get me fired up by saying what he wanted to do and that he missed his chance (there was never a chance) calmly telling him to cut it out and handling it like an adult was all it took. I used to be willing to fight over words then I grew up and seen the bigger picture.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The world would be in a better place right now if more people were popped in the mouth earlier on.
    Change my mind.
    We skipped the punch and moved right up to shooting for simple "disrespectful" words. It doesn't seem to be making people more cautious in their words, they just retaliate with their own shots. Mostly into houses.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    You also notice they are all wearing the same tactical gear, likely donated to them by the same group or person who hired them to come play soldier. Wearing the same "uniform" makes it harder to identify them, they wear the full cover goggles because they plan to spray lots of pepper spray, they also tried to protect the one who did the assaulting and send him on his way before the police get there. You can bet they are well funded, well organized, useful idiots. Dinesh D'Souza said on his podcast YOU are funding them because they usually have a few of them wearing bright hats labeled "observer" or "press" who are only there to record the event with HD camera gear. Then they edit the video and file lawsuits against the local police. They usually win millions in these lawsuits. They never attack in even numbers, they usually use radios and train for these events. You wouldn't think it looking at the overweight poorly coordinated unproductive Yutes there, but they are not training to win, they are training to win lawsuits. I notice the helmets they are wearing are not bulletproof, I don't know how they plan to survive an actual lethal encounter.
    You mean donations from George Soros

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    We skipped the punch and moved right up to shooting for simple "disrespectful" words. It doesn't seem to be making people more cautious in their words, they just retaliate with their own shots. Mostly into houses.

We've been repeatedly told an armed society is a polite society.

Turns out that wasn't it. You need to have some fundamental value of human life, yours and others, for that to work.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    We've been repeatedly told an armed society is a polite society.

Turns out that wasn't it. You need to have some fundamental value of human life, yours and others, for that to work.
    Indeed. We are living in an age of ignorance like we've never seen before. Inside the INGO bubble, it's a common idea that giving more people a gun will make everyone safer. Too many people are too ignorant to understand the responsibility. I'm really getting tired of the daily shots fired, person shot calls.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I'm watching a Jesse Watters story on this. This was a claimed giveaway from a social media influencer.

One of the guests pointed out this kid is only 21, and has posted about "fake it until you make it". He's been seen sitting on expensive cars, flashing key fobs to "prove" they are his.

They are implying that he did this as a stunt, and either there wasnt anything to give away, or he only had like one or 2.

And unconfirmed reports that the dude got arrested for this stunt.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    And I'm watching a Jesse Watters story on this. This was a claimed giveaway from a social media influencer.

One of the guests pointed out this kid is only 21, and has posted about "fake it until you make it". He's been seen sitting on expensive cars, flashing key fobs to "prove" they are his.

They are implying that he did this as a stunt, and either there wasnt anything to give away, or he only had like one or 2.

And yet, he had millions of followers. The ignorant love their own ignorance.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Indeed. We are living in an age of ignorance like we've never seen before. Inside the INGO bubble, it's a common idea that giving more people a gun will make everyone safer. Too many people are too ignorant to understand the responsibility. I'm really getting tired of the daily shots fired, person shot calls.
    Your issue lies with the people who have conditioned them to think the way they do.

They use to teach the basic responsibilities of gun ownership to the youth during school, you know back when they actually tried to prepare them to be productive members of society instead of roaming zombie looking for ways to be a victim.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

He has been arrested and charged with inciting a riot. Heard it on the news this morning.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    All the little cretins looking for a handout in NYC. Surprised it wasn’t the Democrats attempting another welfare freebie!

Top Bottom