Are you prepared for the modern day "protester"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Once the threat of a deadly weapon is added to the situation all thoughts of a fistfight are off. Especially in the presence of the most valuable thing I have. That being my wife and kids. At that point I will do all I can to ensure that the threat does not outlive me. Insinuating that I am somehow less of a man because I did not try to fight a mentally ill homeless guy with a knife well that’s just ********.
    Friendly suggestion since the monkey said to be polite: if you’re out with your wife and kids and encounter a mentally ill homeless person who makes a rude comment, just keep walking. Stopping to trade verbal barbs is not protecting your family. Every fight you avoid, ESPECIALLY in the presence of your wife and kids is a fight won. What possible good could have come from prolonging an encounter with a mentally ill homeless person? I truly hope that story was just internet talk and you don’t actually make poor decisions like that in real life. If so, find a training class on MUC.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Friendly suggestion since the monkey said to be polite: if you’re out with your wife and kids and encounter a mentally ill homeless person who makes a rude comment, just keep walking. Stopping to trade verbal barbs is not protecting your family. Every fight you avoid, ESPECIALLY in the presence of your wife and kids is a fight won. What possibly good could have come from prolonging an encounter with a mentally ill homeless person? I truly hope that story was just internet talk and you don’t make poor decisions like that in real life.
    That's what I was saying above.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Friendly suggestion since the monkey said to be polite: if you’re out with your wife and kids and encounter a mentally ill homeless person who makes a rude comment, just keep walking. Stopping to trade verbal barbs is not protecting your family. Every fight you avoid, ESPECIALLY in the presence of your wife and kids is a fight won. What possible good could have come from prolonging an encounter with a mentally ill homeless person? I truly hope that story was just internet talk and you don’t actually make poor decisions like that in real life. If so, find a training class on MUC.
    Yes. You are not required to accept every "invitation" offered.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    This seems relevant.

ETA: Not sure why it's age restricted. Here is screenshot of the topic.

View attachment 290985

Too many people (some posting here) can't seem to let their ego go. Must show the unhinged they're the man or some stupid ****. Those people will never learn, the ones they're "teaching a lesson to" won't either. It's just an exercise in ego driven stupidity.

"Don't start none, won't be none" needs to be remember goes both ways.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Too many people (some posting here) can't seem to let their ego go. Must show the unhinged they're the man or some stupid ****. Those people will never learn, the ones they're "teaching a lesson to" won't either. It's just an exercise in ego driven stupidity.

"Don't start respond to none, won't be none" needs to be remember goes both ways.
    FIFY

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington

"Don't start none, won't be none" needs to be remember goes both ways.
    You are not wrong and my wife will never let me forget that incident because she agrees with you. That said swallowing your pride sometimes is easier said than done especially when you’re already on edge being in a strange place.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Man, do you do interrogations as part of your role as a LEO? Because you have an incredible ability to cut through the fluff and nonsense and lay out a point plain as day.
    It's a curse.

:):

Thankfully, my time as an LEO is long past. Doubt I would make it these days at Clown World PD without some sort of depression medication.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Man some of you need to avoid the Jonesboro river rally after dark if your going to lose you mind if someone says something about your wife. It's words that's all, hell take it as a compliment lol. Being a man isn't fighting over what some crackhead said its being there to support your family end of story. Some folks have a really weird definition of being a man.

I wasn't expecting the laugh I got out of this thread when I clicked on it but the big macho man behind the keyboard acts are hilarious.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Man some of you need to avoid the Jonesboro river rally after dark if your going to lose you mind if someone says something about your wife. It's words that's all, hell take it as a compliment lol. Being a man isn't fighting over what some crackhead said its being there to support your family end of story. Some folks have a really weird definition of being a man.

I wasn't expecting the laugh I got out of this thread when I clicked on it but the big macho man behind the keyboard acts are hilarious.
    I don't know, man. Yeah, there are certainly some in this thread taking the big macho man act too far, but I also think it's a bit too far on the other extreme to say that one should never be bothered by "just words." How far are you willing to take that? If the crackhead starts describing in lewd detail all the things he wants to do to your wife, are you still good with taking it as a compliment? What about to your 13-year-old daughter? Is there any place you would draw a line?

I guess, though, that I don't really see throwing fists as the answer, either. Honestly, though my above questions may sound rhetorical, I'm not really sure I know the right answers at all. For now, for me and family, I'll 100% taking your advice to avoid the Jonesboro river rally, or any other place we're likely to encounter such unsavory company.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I don't know, man. Yeah, there are certainly some in this thread taking the big macho man act too far, but I also think it's a bit too far on the other extreme to say that one should never be bothered by "just words." How far are you willing to take that? If the crackhead starts describing in lewd detail all the things he wants to do to your wife, are you still good with taking it as a compliment? What about to your 13-year-old daughter? Is there any place you would draw a line?

I guess, though, that I don't really see throwing fists as the answer, either. Honestly, though my above questions may sound rhetorical, I'm not really sure I know the right answers at all. For now, for me and family, I'll 100% taking your advice to avoid the Jonesboro river rally, or any other place we're likely to encounter such unsavory company.
    Why are you still there if someone has enough time to go into detail about something unsavory? Why did your SA and reactions allow you to still be engaged? My "line" is leaving. Period. I'm A.) not going to enjoy being in an environment that condones this and 2.) Neither is my wife. I can't think of a single activity that I would voluntarily stay in that type of environment.

EDIT: to me, not leaving is worse than staying and causing a fight/ruckus/being unhappy. I wouldn't put my wife through it if I can help.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Why are you still there if someone has enough time to go into detail about something unsavory? Why did your SA and reactions allow you to still be engaged? My "line" is leaving. Period. I'm A.) not going to enjoy being in an environment that condones this and 2.) Neither is my wife. I can't think of a single activity that I would voluntarily stay in that type of environment.

EDIT: to me, not leaving is worse than staying and causing a fight/ruckus/being unhappy. I wouldn't put my wife through it if I can help.
    You're quite right. Thank you.

(Edit: I reread that and thought it might sound sarcastic. It's not meant to be; you made a point very well, thank you for doing so. :))

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Long time Jonestucky rally goer, its those bagger and limey riders causing all the problems.

Its coming up soon. 1qa.jpg

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You're quite right. Thank you.

(Edit: I reread that and thought it might sound sarcastic. It's not meant to be; you made a point very well, thank you for doing so. :))
    And I didn't mean it to sound like I was singling you out personally. A general "you" was implied.

Look, it's taken me 30+ years to get to the point I am today. I was hot headed and would start **** that didn't need to be started and for no other reason than it made me mad. I had to learn that if I'm in jail, there's no one there to take care of my wife and dogs and I become a financial and mental drain to them. There isn't but a very small handful of people in my life that I'd make that sacrifice for and the wife knows and agrees with every one of them.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

I left the Parachute Club Bar once long ago, I don't recall wanting to leave or why they wanted us to leave, or my feet touching the floor when I was pitched out the front door. The other Marine that followed me said,
    Smith, they saved themselves from a beating. We both laughed.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I left the Parachute Club Bar once long ago, I don't recall wanting to leave or why they wanted us to leave, or my feet touching the floor when I was pitched out the front door. The other Marine that followed me said,
    Smith, they saved themselves from a beating. We both laughed.
    The wife used to remind me of a road rage incident 15 years ago or so that I don't even remember. Black out angry. When I am about to lose control apparently my irises turn almost black to the point its hard to see my pupils. I hear it's pretty frightening. Can't say I've ever seen it myself. I get to that point and I don't see much but red. Getting control of that has been a very important thing for me and what it's brought me is a lot of peace, and the ability to laugh at things that would have made me mad. Learning to shrug off those things has been enlightening. Hard as **** but enlightening.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    The wife used to remind me of a road rage incident 15 years ago or so that I don't even remember. Black out angry. When I am about to lose control apparently my irises turn almost black to the point its hard to see my pupils. I hear it's pretty frightening. Can't say I've ever seen it myself. I get to that point and I don't see much but red. Getting control of that has been a very important thing for me and what it's brought me is a lot of peace, and the ability to laugh at things that would have made me mad. Learning to shrug off those things has been enlightening. Hard as **** but enlightening.
    That doesn't happen to me, I'm a lot calmer than I was in my youth for sure.
    But, very quickly I have been known to respond with... What the **** did you just say?
    While I'm walking forward.
    It will suck when your to old and can't even defend yourself.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion

We've had some pretty obscene things said to my wife and we both just laughed and kept going. Last year at river rally a black pistons member told us what he was going to do to her and again we just laughed and finished our food and went to listen to the music. Half an hour later I see a hand coming up to her butt so I side stepped and let him get a handful of mine instead. I think he was upset because mine isn't as big as hers or something because I got glares from him all night lol. Again unless it crosses over to being straight up illegal to the point it can't be handled civilly (or making it akward for him) we don't care. If it does get to the point where I feel it's crossed the line and becomes illegal the police are only a phone call away. My responsibility is to take care of my family and I can't do that if I'm in jail or have to spend money to not be in jail. I don't need to come up with the alternate script to a dirty Harry movie to make myself feel good like some here do.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That doesn't happen to me, I'm a lot calmer than I was in my youth for sure.
    But, very quickly I have been known to respond with... What the **** did you just say?
    While I'm walking forward.
    It will suck when your to old and can't even defend yourself.
    It doesn't anymore. That's why I've worked at it so hard. Became a calmer middle aged man NOT angry at the world. It's kinda nice.

Top Bottom