Are you prepared for the modern day "protester"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Nope , I would beat the brakes off of them consequences be damned. But admittedly I am a simple creature and certain situations bring out the worst in me. Visiting st Louis with the wife and kids a few years ago when one of the street dwellers approached us and commented how he would like to anally fornicate with my wife while grabbing his junk. I used colorful language while giving my opinion on his statement. He took offense to my rebuke and threatened to cut my throat while digging presumably for his blade. I told him to show it to me and we will both get our fifteen minutes of fame. Me for shooting him 15 times in the face and him for getting shot 15 times in the face. He decided it wasn’t worth his time. I know better sometimes but can’t help it.
    So, you would beat the brakes off someone for making a sexual comment to your wife, but when it actually happened, you did not beat the brakes off of someone.

Ok

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The world would be in a better place right now if more people were popped in the mouth earlier on.
    Change my mind.
    But sadly, if you look at society, many are too stupid to get the hint. Just look at all the hoodlums that are repeatedly arrested, jailed, etc. They are punished but they still dont get the picture and keep on offending.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    IANAL so Im not sure a lewd comment is considered fighting words. My understanding is words that indicate punches are about to be thrown are "fighting words" so that you dont have to wait to be swung at before swinging if it is clear the person is going to swing.

Found it: (Oxford)
    words that indicate a willingness to fight or challenge someone or that are likely to cause confrontation.

Lewd comments about your wife or daughter's appearance while offensive, would not be fighting words.
    It is widely know that among men, (you have to be one to know) that going after female loved ones are often exactly that... "fighting words". They are often a prelude to an attack. The boasting, and posturing that takes place by an assailant to bolster his confidence just prior to launching his attack. Those kind of words do in fact, indicate the intensions of the aggressor. You don't start **** like that without expecting a response. It's an intimidation tactic meant to help the aggressor to be victorious in the upcoming conflict they are instigating.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Running their mouth? Not worth my time. Hands on? That's a different scenario. Lets be honest there is a large percentage of humans that would have been better off if their momma knew how to swallow. Those types are definitely worth me getting my blood pressure up and worrying about. Starting something physical is another story that needs handled differently.

Hohenheim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Warsaw, Indiana
    And let me be clear. I never said the dude didnt deserve to be popped in the mouth. Just that its not socially acceptable nor legal.
    That is what my first comment was about. The social and legal system are trying to create a sense of helplessness. Simply record the event and let the police take care of it is what people say. But some people never face consequences and never learn their lesson.

Example: lets say the adult aggressor is a child in this story and the police are his parents. If the child came over to you while you were shopping and spit on you, do you verbally reprimand them? You look to his parents and they seem unfazed. You talk to them and they roll their eyes at you. The child spits on you again. You begin to leave, but he spits on you a third time. You verbally reprimand him and his parents come flying toward you and start screaming at you when they should have been dealing with their child. This is what the current system feels like. Would that child continue spitting on people if he thought he would be verbally reprimanded, probably not. Will he continue to spit on people as long as he isn't getting in trouble, most likely. It's definately not your job to reprimand someone else's child. Just leave and let the child spit on people.

Hohenheim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2023
    Warsaw, Indiana
    If it was just at me, then I do not care. If it's someone I care about, then that's a different situation.
    Running their mouth? Not worth my time. Hands on? That's a different scenario. Lets be honest there is a large percentage of humans that would have been better off if their momma knew how to swallow. Those types are definitely worth me getting my blood pressure up and worrying about. Starting something physical is another story that needs handled differently.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    If it was just at me, then I do not care. If it's someone I care about, then that's a different situation.
    No, same thing. You go to jail for popping off on some loud mouth who's going to take care of that someone you care about? It's not you. In fact you just made their life harder, cost them time, money and emotional capital to now deal with your problem. That's not helping those you love, that's being selfish and trying to protect your ego.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    Once the threat of a deadly weapon is added to the situation all thoughts of a fistfight are off. Especially in the presence of the most valuable thing I have. That being my wife and kids. At that point I will do all I can to ensure that the threat does not outlive me. Insinuating that I am somehow less of a man because I did not try to fight a mentally ill homeless guy with a knife well that’s just ********.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That is what my first comment was about. The social and legal system are trying to create a sense of helplessness. Simply record the event and let the police take care of it is what people say. But some people never face consequences and never learn their lesson.

Example: lets say the adult aggressor is a child in this story and the police are his parents. If the child came over to you while you were shopping and spit on you, do you verbally reprimand them? You look to his parents and they seem unfazed. You talk to them and they roll their eyes at you. The child spits on you again. You begin to leave, but he spits on you a third time. You verbally reprimand him and his parents come flying toward you and start screaming at you when they should have been dealing with their child. This is what the current system feels like. Would that child continue spitting on people if he thought he would be verbally reprimanded, probably not. Will he continue to spit on people as long as he isn't getting in trouble, most likely. It's definately not your job to reprimand someone else's child. Just leave and let the child spit on people.
    i'm guessing you are not a child of the 50's through the 70's?

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    I know this is NOT the answer, and I am NOT advocating any kind of violence, and I would NEVER do this, but sometimes the answer could be a belt fed, crew served weapon for large "fiery, but mostly peaceful protests" Mods I understand if this is deleted
    The answer is that these three people get aggressively prosecuted and if found guilty punished to the fullest extent of the law. If an aggressive attack with pepper spray isn't a felony in Texas it should be. If someone is willing to strike a police officer with a weapon, they are surely a threat to the public. We can't arrest our way out of these problems but vigorous prosecution of these three keeps them off the street and acts as a deterrent to others.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    So, you would beat the brakes off someone for making a sexual comment to your wife, but when it actually happened, you did not beat the brakes off of someone.

Ok
    Man, do you do interrogations as part of your role as a LEO? Because you have an incredible ability to cut through the fluff and nonsense and lay out a point plain as day.

Top Bottom