• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Interesting take. Could be a constitutional issue.

[video=youtube_share;rdkxurD1Ozs]http://youtu.be/rdkxurD1Ozs[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    We were talking about indiana law not the case in missouri.

Police in Indiana didn't disassemble and then reassemble a pistol seized as evidence of a crime, for the purpose of demonstrating that, as-reassembled, the firearm was "readily capable" of being discharged. I'm not sure the actions of the Missouri police lab are in any way applicable to anything that would conceivably happen in Indiana.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This POS prosecutor previously chose selectively not to prosecute looters and rioters (non peaceful protestors) but chose to prosecute a couple exercising their Constitutional right to protect themselves and their property against the mob.

Politics supersedes rule of law here. That's all one needs to know.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, as it turns out, neither firearm was "readily capable" of firing. The handgun, as discussed, was mechanically disabled with the firing pin and spring inserted backward. Now we learn that the rifle was unloaded.

So, the elements of the crime didn't exist for either of the McCloskeys. The way I see it, either the charging document was deficient, or someone committed perjury.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So, as it turns out, neither firearm was "readily capable" of firing. The handgun, as discussed, was mechanically disabled with the firing pin and spring inserted backward. Now we learn that the rifle was unloaded.

So, the elements of the crime didn't exist for either of the McCloskeys. The way I see it, either the charging document was deficient, or someone committed perjury.

DAMN! Not a functional firearm between them?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    DAMN! Not a functional firearm between them?

They are both lawyers. There is the possibility, however remote, that they knew the law, and as a result, the non-functional state of the firearms was intended. (Personally, I'm not displaying a firearm that isn't capable of firing. That seems like a good way to get a functional firearm pulled on you, in which case you'd have no recourse.)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They are both lawyers. There is the possibility, however remote, that they knew the law, and as a result, the non-functional state of the firearms was intended. (Personally, I'm not displaying a firearm that isn't capable of firing. That seems like a good way to get a functional firearm pulled on you, in which case you'd have no recourse.)

Roger that Chip. If it can't go bang? Don't bring it. Never go full lawn-lawyer--KellyinAvon, 2020

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There’s just a lot of cringe all the way around in this story. Except for the implications of the right to defend oneself, they all deserve each other.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yes. the article said he was moving to dismiss. I don't think the state can invervene while its in the city court system.

This is not news (see date). I do not believe that he has standing to dismiss the case (though I could be wrong). He merely filed an amicus brief arguing for the case to be dismissed.

Top Bottom