Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Connor Betts...

(pic removed)

Are we sure thats him and not the sister out and about? That might explain the vagueness.

On the drive home from vacation last night (on a small Canadian island where I was almost totally unplugged) Mrs Monkey asked me to read up on the two shootings because I tuned out for the first 72 hours, which puts the starting point of my attention after I went dark. In the story I read it said his "sister" (their quotes) was a closet trans and few people knew; only a select few of her friends knew that she would go out partying dressed as the opposite sex. Article was so poorly written it was hard to tell whether "she" was biologically male or female. I think in the end they were quoting sister because it wasnt what she identified as. (where most conservative folks would quote the opposite.)

Sadly, according to the FBI, none of those are actually mass shootings. (4 dead not including the shooter) Sad because an anti group has decided the definition is wrong and needed to be changed. And of course now that the bar is far lower than back before they came along, they are now claiming that mass shootings have drastically increased in recent years. Well DUH when you lower the bar of COURSE it looks like its worse, dummy!

So they're digging into the Dayton shooter's social media posts to decide that he was mentally ill, etc. My opinion: It's bull**** tactics. People say things on the internet. People are liars, and edgier, on the internet. Once you're dead, you're all out of context. Text, especially sarcastic text, doesn't translate well. So media-types will read what was said, word for word, and take it 100% at face value. There are such things as sarcastic/hate/ironic retweets... Just because someone RT'd something, doesn't mean they support it.

I read an interesting article on that drive home.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/5025...fuXEKNPVICoasXQStK7yfClA6hFZVb_sv3zW6eZxXZ7Fo

What I found most enlightening, and true:
    "A man who thinks he can be a despicable, stupid sociopath in cyberspace yet remain a basically decent guy in the "real world" loses sight of the fact that the internet is the real world. It is technology used by people in the real world to communicate with other people in the real world. Who you are while using the internet is simply who you are. However you act on the internet is simply how you act. If you're a dirtbag on Twitter, you're simply a dirtbag."(emphasis added mine)

Its like the old saying "Its not me talking when I'm drunk I'm really a nice guy." No, you are a jerk, Alcohol just erases the filter you impose in your daily life. (I'm a happy drunk, for the record)

Mongo like crayon...

I just have to ask. Are yellow crayons Lemon, or **** flavored? Never been brave enough to find out. But i'm pretty sure the brown ones aren't chocolate cake flavored.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The only thing that Mucilage was good for was getting on your fingers and peeling off. OH! and a Star Trek script.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    F7yBAyY.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only thing that Mucilage was good for was getting on your fingers and peeling off. OH! and a Star Trek script.
    Oh man, I had forgotten about mucilage... had that rubber tip on the bottle... It was aptly name because it kinda had the consistency of thick mucous. :):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Oh man, I had forgotten about mucilage... had that rubber tip on the bottle... It was aptly name because it kinda had the consistency of thick mucous. :):

Oh man, that was WAY back in the day. Brown bottle with a funny shape IIRC.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Two guys taste something, one says, "what is this, ****?"

The other one says, "this tastes like ****!"

Which one do you worry about?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Let's see.....

The guy:

Made a list of fellow high school students he would like to kill.
    Made a list of fellow high school students he would like to rape.
    Murdered multiple innocents including his sister who thought she was a male.

Sounds like that family tree is a nut bearer!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About the sister. I think it's still unclear what the plumbing actually is. The reporting may have been politically correct, in which case he killed his "sister", who was the biological brother. I also saw a report which said that the shooter actually drove the "sister" and his best friend, supposedly the "sister's" boyfriend :n00b: to the bar, and then shot both of them, killing the "sister" but not the boyfriend/best friend. Doesn't really matter. He killed his sibling and tried to kill his so-called best friend.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    UPDATE: Dayton shooter’s friend Ethan Kollie purchased body armor, the upper receiver of the AR-15, & the 100-round double drum that the Dayton shooter used in his rampage — & Kollie lied about not being an drug user on his ATF forms to make gun purchases.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ody-armor-and-gun-accessories-used-in-rampage

So, what you're telling me is, the BGC and the 4473 didn't actually stop someone intent on acquiring a firearm from doing so - that all it accomplished was enabling law enforcement to ascribe some blame for a violent act after it already took place?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    UPDATE: Dayton shooter’s friend Ethan Kollie purchased body armor, the upper receiver of the AR-15, & the 100-round double drum that the Dayton shooter used in his rampage — & Kollie lied about not being an drug user on his ATF forms to make gun purchases.

Screen_Shot_2019-01-17_at_4.22.43_PM.jpg

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ody-armor-and-gun-accessories-used-in-rampage

So it was for lying on paperwork for guns he had bought (for himself), and had nothing to do with the upper or magazine, neither of which require a 4473.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well since ALL gun owners have cocaine, alcohol and antidepressant(s) in their systems...

Top Bottom