• ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    SB 245 by Sen. J.Sandlin

Basically places cannot prohibit armed agents of the state from entering if they are open to the public or they get fined. I get it since some places ... Elsewhere for example a starbucks refused to sell an officer a coffee etc. ... Not sure this has happened here.

Baby yoda steps (for "special" folks) ... But I wpuld greatly prefer the protection applied to all W LTCH. ... OR just all. You know.

Oh well

Also SB16 PASSED COMMITTEE 8 y 0 n ...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yeah HB 1259 (Ross Deal, D, District 7 South of South Bend) makes hospitals GFZs, period, dot, end of statement. Administering and providing care is pretty much everything hospitals do. Plus it extends the same way that made churches with schools on the property GFZs.

Hard NO and a draft email coming later on this one. I am annoyed, time to push back hard.

Subject to section 4 of this chapter, a hospital that complies with section 3 of this chapter may prohibit the possession of a firearm on any premises leased, owned, licensed, or operated by the hospital for the purpose of: (1) administering the hospital; or (2) providing medical care. (b) Subject to section 4 of this chapter, a person who knowingly or intentionally possesses a firearm in or at a hospital that complies with section 3 of this chapter commits unlawful possession of a firearm on a restricted medical premises, a Class A misdemeanor. However, the offense is a Level 6 felony if the person has a prior unrelated conviction for the offense.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    SB 245 by Sen. J.Sandlin

Basically places cannot prohibit armed agents of the state from entering if they are open to the public or they get fined. I get it since some places ... Elsewhere for example a starbucks refused to sell an officer a coffee etc. ... Not sure this has happened here.

Baby yoda steps (for "special" folks) ... But I wpuld greatly prefer the protection applied to all W LTCH. ... OR just all. You know.

Oh well

Senator Sandlin putting forward a bill that will move the sticks in a short legislative session. Looks like an easy win to me. I agree with the Yoda steps, but they are in the right direction.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Here's a draft in opposition to HB 1259. Feels free to copy/paste/edit/fix my Southern Indiana English as needed.

(Senator/Representative name here),
    I’m writing to encourage your opposition to HB 1259: Firearms and Medical Facilities.

Put simply this is a solution in search of a problem. It proposes to makes medical facilities gun free zones and make law-abiding gun owners criminals. Criminals don’t obey the law and won’t be affected by this bill.

In a 2016 study from the Crime Prevention Research Center, 98% of all mass public shootings in the United States since 1950 have been in (so-called) gun free zones. The policies behind gun free zones have created what amounts to unarmed victim zones. As history has shown us too many times, evil doesn’t go looking for armed resistance.

According to the Indiana State Police, since January 2013 the number of law-abiding Hoosiers with a valid License To Carry a Handgun has increased by 96%. While more and more Hoosiers are choosing to be lawfully armed, HB 1259 seeks to criminalize a right protected by both the United States and Indiana Constitution.

The Indiana Legislature just last year made significant progress in supporting the essential right of self-defense. Churches on school property are no longer gun free zones and civil immunity for the lawful use of deadly force were both signed into law by the Governor. This is not the time to take steps backwards in support of vital Constitutional and natural rights.

Again, your opposition to HB 1259 is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Name
    Address
    Phone

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Not seeing anything newly listed.
    There are reports on the interwebz (book of faces, bird noise places, etc) of some both pro and con that are floating out there for introduction yet.

I did see another SB has passed committee - SB69 (its a semi-pro - baby yoda step)
    I think Kelly has already given a summary. so just an FYI.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    What is up with Senate Bill 203 Filed by Democratic Senator Greg Taylor, Senate Bill 203 would also prohibit a person from possessing, selling, or offering for sale a magazine or similar device for a firearm with a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've now gotten 2 emails from Hoosier Gun Rights stating Rep Nisly has introduced HB1211(Constitutional Carry)

I know Hoosier Gun Rights isn't the best place for Info, so can anyone confirm or deny this?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I've now gotten 2 emails from Hoosier Gun Rights stating Rep Nisly has introduced HB1211(Constitutional Carry)

I know Hoosier Gun Rights isn't the best place for Info, so can anyone confirm or deny this?

I can confirm I’ve seen their post on FB stating such.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    What is up with Senate Bill 203 Filed by Democratic Senator Greg Taylor, Senate Bill 203 would also prohibit a person from possessing, selling, or offering for sale a magazine or similar device for a firearm with a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

SB 203 is unlikely (like Ivory Soap - 99.99 2/3%) to get a Committee Hearing ... without that it is dead.... even if it gets a hearing - the committee is 7 (mostly fairly strong 2A / Art.1-Sec.32 supporters) Republicans to 2 Democrats ...

So fairly safe to say - this is a show tactic ... for now. - Please write and oppose it to your legilslators and committee chair(s) but - don't panic at the moment.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

If history is any indicator there will be buffonery with Nisly involved. Nothing on the IGA website yet.

Ndavid45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    10   2   0
    Apr 29, 2019
    Indianapolis
    SB 245 by Sen. J.Sandlin

Oh well

While I might be in the minority on this one, I dont like the idea of this. A business that is open to the public is still a private company and on private property. I don't think they should have to serve or allow entry to anyone they dont want to regardless of their 'specialness' or status as a government employee. This is the first I've heard of this and any input would be given honest consideration.

Scott223

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Indiana SB 203

I just wrote my senator opposing Indiana SB 203. I encourage everyone to do the same. We need to stand up just like the citizens in Virginia are doing. I’m sure I am like everyone else here, I’m sick and tired of politicians trying to take away my rights!!!!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Late to the thread. I just saw this.

[video=youtube;WDHup7NxodI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDHup7NxodI&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2w hrJz_BaxrRIAUbxDck3xFWjhZP5B-Kp2SycQ37-rbcLMXvVCTsDZH4I[/video]

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Late to the thread. I just saw this.

[video=youtube;WDHup7NxodI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDHup7NxodI&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2w hrJz_BaxrRIAUbxDck3xFWjhZP5B-Kp2SycQ37-rbcLMXvVCTsDZH4I[/video]

Same crap got introduced last year, never saw the light of day in a hearing. Greg "Obtuse" Taylor's bill is DOA.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Quick note
    HB 1152 ... lucas bill to provide better protection against red flag swatting is up as of today as well .... I missed it at first pass earlier.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Quick note
    HB 1152 ... lucas bill to provide better protection against red flag swatting is up as of today as well .... I missed it at first pass earlier.

Good catch Bill! I gave it a quick read: Laird Law (35-47-14-1 reference below) false claim that leads to confiscation = felony 6. Not as strong as last year's version but something we'd discussed here and wanted to see.

Better review coming later tonight.

(8) makes a false report that a person is dangerous (as defined in IC 35-47-14-1) knowing the report or information to be false; commits false informing, a Class B misdemeanor. (e) However, the An offense described in subsection (d) is a: (1) Class A misdemeanor if it: (A) substantially hinders any law enforcement process; or if it (B) results in creating a substantial risk of bodily injury to another person; (2) Level 6 felony if it results in: (A) harm to another person; or (B) the seizure of a firearm from another person as described in IC 35-47-14; and (3) a Level 5 felony if it results in serious bodily injury or death to another person.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WIBC, now Senator Taylor is on with Tony Katz. So much wrong here

Top Bottom