Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    NPR this morning was reporting that ~ 1/3 Americans are not going to get vaccinated. If "herd immunity" is defined as 85% vaccinated or have antibodies, then we won't achieve HI.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    NPR this morning was reporting that ~ 1/3 Americans are not going to get vaccinated. If "herd immunity" is defined as 85% vaccinated or have antibodies, then we won't achieve HI.
    But you have to keep in mind a very big % of those who will not be vaccinated have already had Covid.....and as other unvaccinated people get Covid....they will add to immunity %. Right?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The wife & I drove up to Muncie to a small pharmacy to get the J&J.
    We researched & researched & were extremely reluctant to "get in line," but finally gave in.
    Perhaps it's a flip of the coin which vaccine, but we took a chance with J&J coming out later that perhaps had less negative aspects to it, which used the same technology as previous vaccines.

I have many friends in the medical field (mostly through Church) & 2 didn't get their shot when they could, but one of them finally did.

The thing that really gave me pause even more so than all the conspiratorial theories (of which I grew up on), was trying to look outside this country for what was really going on with the vaccines since the politicization in this country polluted the body of knowledge.

I remember reading in Germany & another smaller country, half the people in the medical field were not getting any of the vaccines.
    I figured the people with boots on the ground knew something that our "great" news media in this country didn't.

The wife was nauseous with a headache last night.
    B/C of her medical conditions, other things would be dismissed, but makes me wonder.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Follow up story that drove us over the edge of decision to get J&J vaccine.

My 41 yr. old daughter (Rachel) & husband (Angel, Puerto Rican) have been very careful.
    They both work from home, Zoom Church & that sort of thing.
    His brother & wife from Kokomo, IN visited Nashville, TN where they live, along with his Mom & some uncles who are mentally handicapped that she provides a home for.

They had a big family "reunion" at the Mom's house with the visiting son/brother.
    Rachel & Angel did not want to go but succumbed to family pressures.
    Everyone came down with CV that kicked their butts for a week, with lingering effects ongoing.
    2 of the Uncles were hospitalized.
    Apparently, the son/brother brought the CV "gift" with them from Kokomo.

Rachel & Angel had just gotten their 1st shot 2 days prior.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    That could potentially put us at 76% using the current number of people infected + 2/3rds vaccinated. However the unknowns are 1) how many people had but didn't get tested. 2) how many had it but are still getting vaccinated. I honestly think we'll get there with just 2/3rds vaccinated, it just won't be official and take a little longer.

Maybe there should've been a discussion in regards to, if you have tested positive you go to the back of the vaccine bus?

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    The guy reminds me of Dr Dolittles push-me-pull-you

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Remember the Thanksgiving surge? The Christmas surge? Or how about the New Years surge? I don't either. :scratch:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The fear mongering is real. The Citizen app has had multiple bulletins pushing out about how bad it is right now, with constant squawking about variants and spread...

I think it’s honestly just a tool created to spread propaganda.

C846BA5E-D899-4852-BCEB-E51207EA6724.png
    AEB1B25F-A16E-4B3A-9622-B07A54B3320D.png

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    The fear mongering is real. The Citizen app has had multiple bulletins pushing out about how bad it is right now, with constant squawking about variants and spread...

I think it’s honestly just a tool created to spread propaganda.

View attachment 134440
    View attachment 134441
    Or is there a financial incentive behind the numbers? only following the money will tell the real story.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Had not heard of this... Walter Reed has another technology approach which seems promising and interesting, spike ferritin nanoparticle (SpFN):

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I talked to a nurse yesterday she said you have to take the vaccine every 3 months. It isn't a one time deal it's a quarterly vaccine.

I told her no thank you I won't be needing it.

Why do you need one every 3 nonths?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I talked to a nurse yesterday she said you have to take the vaccine every 3 months. It isn't a one time deal it's a quarterly vaccine.

I told her no thank you I won't be needing it.

Why do you need one every 3 nonths?
    From what I've read, the comments about how long the vaccine is effective are based on the clinical data. The early clinical data was over a 90 day or 3-month period, so the medical profession could say it was effective for 3-months. Now the data cover a longer period and current "effectiveness" advice is 6-months.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that we will top out at ~12 months like most other vaccines. May also be affected by mutations in hte virus, like the flu vaccines. So maybe an annual booster, or maybe a new, tailored vaccine annjually.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    From what I've read, the comments about how long the vaccine is effective are based on the clinical data. The early clinical data was over a 90 day or 3-month period, so the medical profession could say it was effective for 3-months. Now the data cover a longer period and current "effectiveness" advice is 6-months.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that we will top out at ~12 months like most other vaccines. May also be affected by mutations in hte virus, like the flu vaccines. So maybe an annual booster, or maybe a new, tailored vaccine annjually.
    So she is probably going by what the hospital administration decides on this issue?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So she is probably going by what the hospital administration decides on this issue?
    I have no idea. Why don't you ask her? Could just as easily be going by the earlier published info. The six-month info is just out within the last couple of weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom