Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have no idea. Why don't you ask her? Could just as easily be going by the earlier published info. The six-month info is just out within the last couple of weeks.
    This is yet another reason to wait on getting a vaccine it's still unknown. Like I said earlier maybe after it's been out a few years and they actually have a good pile of data on it. I'm not volunteering to be a test subject.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    This is yet another reason to wait on getting a vaccine it's still unknown. Like I said earlier maybe after it's been out a few years and they actually have a good pile of data on it. I'm not volunteering to be a test subject.
    Whatever floats your boat. Live in fear.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Whatever floats your boat. Live in fear.
    I don't live in fear that's why I don't mask up. That's why I don't run out and become a test tube. All that is driven by fear and fear mongering. 99.6% survival rate and people are masking up in their own automobiles and crying because they haven't been vaccinated yet.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I don't live in fear that's why I don't mask up. That's why I don't run out and become a test tube. All that is driven by fear and fear mongering. 99.6% survival rate and people are making up in their own automobiles and crying because they haven't been vaccinated yet.
    You're afraid of the vaccine. THat runs clearly through all your posts on the subject.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You're afraid of the vaccine. THat runs clearly through all your posts on the subject.
    Thats right already took a vaccine that has destroyed my inner ear on both sides. Like I said I'm not a GI now, and I'll pick what chemicals goes into my body nowadays. You go right ahead and do it. I've been there done that and paid the price.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Thats right already took a vaccine that has destroyed my inner ear on both sides. Like I said I'm not a GI now, and I'll pick what chemicals goes into my body nowadays. You go right ahead and do it. I've been there done that and paid the price.
    I've already been vaccinated. If you are afraid, that's on you. Just don't pass around lies about the vaccine.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've already been vaccinated. If you are afraid, that's on you. Just don't pass around lies about the vaccine.
    Lies how do you know about what it will do to you 10 years from now let alone 2 years from now. You have no clue so you are the one spreading BS and thumping chest about getting an untested vaccine. I don't live in fear where I have to run out and get a vaccination every 3-6 months depending on your Dr view of it.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Your little attempt to belittle me will not make me get your vaccine. I'm not weak minded like yourself.
    Im not attempting to belittle you. It's not my vaccine. And Im not going to personally attack you. You are rather humorous, though.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I talked to a nurse yesterday she said you have to take the vaccine every 3 months. It isn't a one time deal it's a quarterly vaccine.

I told her no thank you I won't be needing it.

Why do you need one every 3 nonths?
    You don't.

Nurses are EXTREMELY hard working people that provide a huge amount of direct patient care...but they aren't exactly SMEs when it comes to the science of medicine.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

First, I'm not sure where you get your 0.2% fatality rate (99.8% survival rate) since 573,877 deaths/31,719,692 cases = 1.8%. (note, if the 0.2% was true, it would mean that almost every single US resident, something like 287 million people, have already had COVID because.... math)

Second, even if your 99.8% (0.2%) were true (it's demonstratively not), that would be similar to polio... which was a nuthin' burger for 96% of the population and caused paralysis/death in "only" 0.1-0.5% of the population.

Finally, each person should make their own decision based upon their own circumstances (age, health, vulnerable loved ones, etc).

I 100% respect your decision not to take the vaccine based upon whatever reasoning you use to make your decision, not my business. However, spreading Gateway Pundit and Russian bot disinformation to affect others decision... not at all.

I talked to a nurse yesterday she said you have to take the vaccine every 3 months. It isn't a one time deal it's a quarterly vaccine.

Why do you need one every 3 nonths?

4_pinocchios.png

Someone should tell the trial participants who took their vaccine more than 6 months ago and the doctors/nurses/etc who took theirs more than 3 months ago in December. :rolleyes:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    CDC estimates 4.6 actual infections for every confirmed positive test result.

That'd make IFR a hair below 0.4%.
    Yup, 0.4% is believable... 0.2% is not and demonstrably false.

And that's for the general population... for an individual, 0.4% might apply from someone in their later 50's. For younger, healthy people, it's much, much lower... something like 0.02% (0.0002) for 10 year olds. For older people or those with health issues, it's much, much higher.

Like I said, everyone should make their own decision, however they choose to do so.

For those "sharing" information to influence other's decisions, it should not be disinformation/"fake news"/GP BS, which 0.2% (99.8% survival) is... as is 99.9% and 99.98%, all of which have been pushed on INGO by those hoping to influence other's decisions.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    :yesway:

I'm not arguing with you or your decision just adding one of the things that influenced my decision.

No one knows the long term impacts of surviving the illness. I have an extended family member who had symptomatic COVID, "recovered" and was back to work at the 10 day post symptom timeframe.

BUT, 5+ months post-recovery, she still has cardiovascular issues. She's 25 years younger than I with no co-morbidities. So, much like you, I factor the chance of lifelong impairment into my decision... not being able to walk the dog let alone hike up and down the ridges of my deer-hunting property... those influenced me to the opposite decision as you.

Different strokes.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

And that's for the general population... for an individual, 0.4% might apply from someone in their later 50's. For younger, healthy people, it's much, much lower... something like 0.02% (0.0002) for 10 year olds. For older people or those with health issues, it's much, much higher.

Like I said, everyone should make their own decision, however they choose to do so.

For those "sharing" information to influence other's decisions, it should not be disinformation/"fake news"/GP BS, which 0.2% (99.8% survival) is... as is 99.9% and 99.98%, all of which have been pushed on INGO by those hoping to influence other's decisions.
    99.4% is plenty good enough for me. Even 97% would be.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany

Risk assessment is a significant struggle for many people...

81% of COVID deaths in the United States were 65+ years old...not that I want "old people to die" but identifying those at highest risk should guide policy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Also CDC uses died with covid not of covid in a huge percentage of the cases. My great aunt died of a heart attack. She was tested for covid and it was positive. She was listed as a covid death. Yet it was a heart attack that killed her. She was 92 years old.

This is not the only known case of BS covid death count.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

Why do you need one every 3 months?
    This is the reason we can't believe some people in the medical profession, just plain idiots.

She's not a doctor, has no business making a statement like this.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Risk assessment is a significant struggle for many people...

81% of COVID deaths in the United States were 65+ years old...not that I want "old people to die" but identifying those at highest risk should guide policy.
    I agree 100%.

And, the vast majority of the remaining deaths were for the 50-64 age group with less than 1% of the deaths in the 0-49 age range.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom