Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Maybe I should have said that it feels like the right thing to do for me.
    That doesn't me I think people who don't want the vaccine (for whatever reason) are doing the wrong thing.

To me I don't see a different between "humanity" and "you and yours" ... maybe it's just semantic. :dunno:

To to me humanity is literally all the other humans around me, whether or not I personally know them.
    It's my family, my community, random foreigners I get to meet etc.

I'm not at risk myself, my age group is not eligible to get the vaccine yet where I live.

It was offered to me for other reasons and mainly to protect people around me.Not to protect myself.

I see it as a selfless act but maybe I'm wrong and ridiculous.
    I know this is like so last week, but I’m just catching up here and a couple things in your post really stood out to me and helped me clarify why we disagree on a lot of things.
    You said “feel”. Over on this side of the pond we have been more recently deluged with decision makers and the masses doing things based on feelings, instead of long term, well thought out, willing to sacrifice type of decision making. The powerful can sucker the weak into what they want done by appealing to their feelings, instead of clarifying logic. It sure comes off like you think less of those who won’t get the vaccine.

From a logical point of view, I just don’t see how me getting the vaccine protects those around me. It protects me, and if those around me need protection they get it. Me having it does nothing to protect them if the vaccine actually works. Open to logical arguments here...feelings, not so much.

I’m not 100% against getting it (ok 90%?) but my resistance to it goes up about 200% when I hear that I don’t have to wear a mask outside and I have a chance to win a million bucks. Somethings fishy, and I find it interesting that you don’t view it that way.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    What the heck does a political administration have to do if one chooses to get chemicals injected into their bodies?
    It took me a while, but I think HM’s was sarcasm, just not quite enough to turn it purple.
    Trump was all about it, got the ball rolling, great development, and now the current imbecile gets to take credit with the help of the media.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    While I think it's fair to criticize the fact-checking a meme when the truthfulness of the facts being challenged don't affect the overall validity of the meme, if the meme's central message depends on the correctness of the fact, then the meme itself deserves criticism.

But, as you've you've hit a very relevant point, it's not a meme just because someone has converted text one side likes to an image. It doesn't render bullet points ineligible for criticism just because they're part of an image with other bullet points.
    Once again, just catching up, but boys, this is a highly under-appreciated post!

Classic Jamil gold.

How Jamil says “it’s just a meme, man”. At least, I think that’s what he’s saying. Thank you.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Well, we agree on that lol.

The funniest part to me is that people think the government needs to microchip us to track us. We all carry a perfectly functional tracking device willingly in our pocket.
    Define “perfectly functional”.
    It will pop up an ad for what I’ve talked about maybe 50% of the time, even though it’s “locked” in my pocket, and sometimes even come up with ads for what I’ve thought about. That’s not all that great, and how much more do they want than ads?
    They always want more.
    Definitely not saying I believe the magnet video or that the jab is tracking is, but they do always want more.
    Go ahead now and make fun of me for being a conspiracy theorist, men in suits coming, whatever, but I make my argument in sincerity.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I know this is like so last week, but I’m just catching up here and a couple things in your post really stood out to me and helped me clarify why we disagree on a lot of things.
    You said “feel”. Over on this side of the pond we have been more recently deluged with decision makers and the masses doing things based on feelings, instead of long term, well thought out, willing to sacrifice type of decision making. The powerful can sucker the weak into what they want done by appealing to their feelings, instead of clarifying logic. It sure comes off like you think less of those who won’t get the vaccine.

From a logical point of view, I just don’t see how me getting the vaccine protects those around me. It protects me, and if those around me need protection they get it. Me having it does nothing to protect them if the vaccine actually works. Open to logical arguments here...feelings, not so much.

I’m not 100% against getting it (ok 90%?) but my resistance to it goes up about 200% when I hear that I don’t have to wear a mask outside and I have a chance to win a million bucks. Somethings fishy, and I find it interesting that you don’t view it that way.
    If you're vaccinated you are much less likely to spread the virus to others.
    It does more than just protecting you.

Where I live not everybody has access to the vaccine yet.
    They are going by age groups, old folks and people with some health conditions first.

I can assure you I really don't think less of those who don't get the vaccine.
    It's why I'm willing to have a cordial conversation with all of you in that thread.
    If I thought less of you I woulnd't waste my time replying to you.

We can disagree on some things without thinking than folks on the other side are evil morons. :dunno:

It's really a personal decision.

It really depends on what you do, who you are, where you live, who lives with you, what's your age and health etc.

I can feel that something is the right thing to do FOR ME, without thinking it's therefore wrong for you not to do it.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    If you're vaccinated you are much less likely to spread the virus to others.
    It does more than just protecting you.

Where I live not everybody has access to the vaccine yet.
    They are going by age groups, old folks and people with some health conditions first.

I can assure you I really don't think less of those who don't get the vaccine.
    It's why I'm willing to have a cordial conversation with all of you in that thread.
    If I thought less of you I woulnd't waste my time replying to you.

We can disagree on some things without thinking than folks on the other side are evil morons. :dunno:

It's really a personal decision.

It really depends on what you do, who you are, where you live, who lives with you, what's your age and health etc.

I can feel that something is the right thing to do FOR ME, without thinking it's therefore wrong for you not to do it.
    Thank you for the reply, I appreciate your explanation.
    Maybe I don’t understand the science behind not spreading it, but if I don’t have it I can’t spread it, and I’m fortunate I can generally control who I’m around. When they say you still have to wear a mask after vaccination it’s not de-motivating, it’s suspicious behavior. Some are just more skeptical than others.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Thank you for the reply, I appreciate your explanation.
    Maybe I don’t understand the science behind not spreading it, but if I don’t have it I can’t spread it, and I’m fortunate I can generally control who I’m around. When they say you still have to wear a mask after vaccination it’s not de-motivating, it’s suspicious behavior. Some are just more skeptical than others.
    Well you have asymptomatic patients.
    They don't know they are infected, don't have symptoms but can spread it to others.

There's a difference between not having it and thinking you don't have it.
    You can't really know for sure unless you get tested.

When you get vaccinated you greatly reduce the risk of being one of those asymptomatic patients.
    Therefore protecting others.

The CDC is now saying that fully vaccinated (2 weeks after the second shot) people don't have to wear a mask anymore.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Well you have asymptomatic patients.
    They don't know they are infected, don't have symptoms but can spread it to others.

There's a difference between not having it and thinking you don't have it.
    You can't really know for sure unless you get tested.

When you get vaccinated you greatly reduce the risk of being one of those asymptomatic patients.
    Therefore protecting others.

The CDC is now saying that fully vaccinated (2 weeks after the second shot) people don't have to wear a mask anymore.
    25,000 posts ago I agreed with you on this for the most part. I’ve changed my mind along the way.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If only the vaccines were developed during the administration of, and promoted by a politician they seem to like.
    This thread was created during the administration most of the skeptics liked, they were developed and promoted under that president, and yet those people were still skeptical. It's almost like it had nothing to do with the administration that they were developed under or promoted by.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This thread was created during the administration most of the skeptics liked, they were developed and promoted under that president, and yet those people were still skeptical. It's almost like it had nothing to do with the administration that they were developed under or promoted by.
    It is almost like that. Isn't it.

Huh....go figure.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Quick! There's some major religionization going on in the Israel thread and in the Gen Pol forum! Get over there and set 'em straight, pronto!
    02734ad94570cbc4ef1d467a1b29aa4c.gif

;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom