Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Define “perfectly functional”.
    It will pop up an ad for what I’ve talked about maybe 50% of the time, even though it’s “locked” in my pocket, and sometimes even come up with ads for what I’ve thought about. That’s not all that great, and how much more do they want than ads?
    They always want more.
    Definitely not saying I believe the magnet video or that the jab is tracking is, but they do always want more.
    Go ahead now and make fun of me for being a conspiracy theorist, men in suits coming, whatever, but I make my argument in sincerity.
    I'm not making fun of you for that. Of course the government always wants more. I'm just saying that every smart phone in the world has GPS capability, and that it can be activated remotely and discretely. A device that the populace takes up willingly is much more effective than one that they may resist. No one even has to lie/deny that cellphones can be tracked.

A chip in a vaccine would rely on thousands of people being able to keep a secret, not to mention technology that would be extremely expensive. I can also tell you that I'm administering vaccine, and if they have managed to find a way to make sure that there is a chip in every single injection pulled out of a multidose vial, I'm mightily impressed.

I think my comments here have led some to believe (not responding to the above quote in particular here) I like this government. I don't... I didn't like the Trump administration either. All administrations have done things I support, and all have done things I despise. My political leans are the same as they have always been... I'm a conservative (little c) libertarian (little l). I am perfectly capable of justifying every viewpoint I have within that ideology. If one were to read back through my posts carefully, I don't believe you'd see much in the way of love for government, or calling for government to require something.

If you manage to find such a comment, I was probably being a contrary *******.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A chip in a vaccine would rely on thousands of people being able to keep a secret, not to mention technology that would be extremely expensive. I can also tell you that I'm administering vaccine, and if they have managed to find a way to make sure that there is a chip in every single injection pulled out of a multidose vial, I'm mightily impressed.

They just put about 200 chips in each vial and the odds are very good that everybody will get at least one.

I don't think people really think there are chips in the vaccine, do they? I thought that was all tongue-in-cheek stuff.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I'm not making fun of you for that. Of course the government always wants more. I'm just saying that every smart phone in the world has GPS capability, and that it can be activated remotely and discretely. A device that the populace takes up willingly is much more effective than one that they may resist. No one even has to lie/deny that cellphones can be tracked.

I think my comments here have led some to believe (not responding to the above quote in particular here) I like this government. I don't... I didn't like the Trump administration either. All administrations have done things I support, and all have done things I despise. My political leans are the same as they have always been... I'm a conservative (little c) libertarian (little l). I am perfectly capable of justifying every viewpoint I have within that ideology. If one were to read back through my posts carefully, I don't believe you'd see much in the way of love for government, or calling for government to require something.

If you manage to find such a comment, I was probably being a contrary *******.
    Not only that, if you see a 13 gauge needle needed to insert a chip, you're gonna notice it easy.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well you have asymptomatic patients.
    They don't know they are infected, don't have symptoms but can spread it to others.

There's a difference between not having it and thinking you don't have it.
    You can't really know for sure unless you get tested.

When you get vaccinated you greatly reduce the risk of being one of those asymptomatic patients.
    Therefore protecting others.

The CDC is now saying that fully vaccinated (2 weeks after the second shot) people don't have to wear a mask anymore.
    It should also be noted that some surveys were done during the height of covid and the MAJORITY of people admitted that even when they had symptoms they often carried out their normal routines, went to work, stores, met up with friends, family, etc.

So while we think we can trust our friends and family. We think we know.

The vaccinated people and the previously infected & recovered people, essentially act as blockers to prevent spread to others.

FWIW I am vaccinated, got it early and glad I did. I don't believe vaccines should be mandated. They are a choice.

As for the masks, those are an innefective joke. The only masks that work are proper fitting N95 masks that are clean and handled in a sanitary way. Most people stuff masks in pockets, leave them laying around, basically they are dirty dishrags on their faces. Cloth masks don't work. We know that to be true but I was in Chiraq today and saw people driving alone in cars wearing masks, walking alone on sidewalks wearing masks. I just don't get it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They just put about 200 chips in each vial and the odds are very good that everybody will get at least one.

I don't think people really think there are chips in the vaccine, do they? I thought that was all tongue-in-cheek stuff.
    Yes. People believe that. I know someone personally who believes that. I assured this person that the technology for tiny nano chips that can receive and transmit wifi does not exist. To no avail.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yes. People believe that. I know someone personally who believes that. I assured this person that the technology for tiny nano chips that can receive and transmit wifi does not exist. To no avail.

They must not understand the technology. The processing part of the chip might be possible but the antenna and the battery would not be. That pretty much rules out any hope for wifi, GPS and anything that receives and transmits. The closest they could get would be passive RFID with no battery but the antenna would still be a stopper.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    It should also be noted that some surveys were done during the height of covid and the MAJORITY of people admitted that even when they had symptoms they often carried out their normal routines, went to work, stores, met up with friends, family, etc.

So while we think we can trust our friends and family. We think we know.

The vaccinated people and the previously infected & recovered people, essentially act as blockers to prevent spread to others.

FWIW I am vaccinated, got it early and glad I did. I don't believe vaccines should be mandated. They are a choice.

As for the masks, those are an innefective joke. The only masks that work are proper fitting N95 masks that are clean and handled in a sanitary way. Most people stuff masks in pockets, leave them laying around, basically they are dirty dishrags on their faces. Cloth masks don't work. We know that to be true but I was in Chiraq today and saw people driving alone in cars wearing masks, walking alone on sidewalks wearing masks. I just don't get it.
    I see this constantly, and I can't figure out why people think surgical masks are ineffective?

They are absolutely effective.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Chips that are powered by the human body? Knew about them before moving to Indiana half a decade ago. They're old hat now.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It would be interesting to see this poll retaken in another few month or so but with a little rephrasing of the questions. Will still be giving the same answer though.

you drink it.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    It would be interesting to see this poll retaken in another few month or so but with a little rephrasing of the questions. Will still be giving the same answer though.

View attachment 140486
    Why? It wouldn’t do any good. By then the programming will be fully implemented and they’ll all answer the same, probably even be reporting us.

The lightest purple available here is intentional.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You are incorrect. :dunno:

Studies, anecdotal evidence, meta-analyses, and logical reasoning indicate that they are effective in reducing transmission of SARS-CoV-2 amongst other things.

They do reduce infections caused from one mode of transmission. I did a seat of pants correlation between rate of mask compliance by state to new cases by state. This was back in August. It was near .3. Some correlation but not such that Karen is justified in browbeating mask skeptics.

It didn’t correlate all that well because there are way more factors than just reducing the spread caused by droplets. It helps. It reduces infections. And it’s worth asking people to do it. But in that effort it was oversold to the point of virtual propaganda. A sales pitch promising an end to lockdowns if we’d only comply.

So then when even high compliance regions would see spikes, the duped public blamed the mask skeptics.

We had/have mask Karens lecturing people through every infection spike, “Come on people mask up so we can defeat this.” And that’s nonsense. Masks reduce infections, yes. I agree. It was never actually the key to defeating covid. It is retarded to think so.

I don’t think covid will be eradicated. I suspect it will be more of a state of détente . A combination of vaccines and it burning through the population, it will become manageable once people’s fears become reasonable.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My father went and got his first shot no problems at all. He's been working everyday since. His decision was to get it because mom is in bad health and he drives school bus and doesn't want to catch it and give it to her.

He was proudly wearing his I got a Covid-19 vaccine sticker lol. He said he got the one the baseball players got sick from. Not sure which one that is. I'm still in the wait and see and I thanked him for being the test subject.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    My father went and got his first shot no problems at all. He's been working everyday since. His decision was to get it because mom is in bad health and he drives school bus and doesn't want to catch it and give it to her.

He was proudly wearing his I got a Covid-19 vaccine sticker lol. He said he got the one the baseball players got sick from. Not sure which one that is. I'm still in the wait and see and I thanked him for being the test subject.
    I have seen reports to the effect that especially with the Moderna, younger people seem to have a harder time with it than older people. That one seems to have some legs. Another on is that the worse reactions mean that you’re getting better immunity. I kinda think that’s probably ********.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I have seen reports to the effect that especially with the Moderna, younger people seem to have a harder time with it than older people. That one seems to have some legs. Another on is that the worse reactions mean that you’re getting better immunity. I kinda think that’s probably ********.
    Would actually having it be the best immunity? Seems logical to me, but then why would that person need the shot?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom