• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I do not want some totalitarian yard Nazi who drive saround with a ruler measuring my grass and fining me because it rained for the last 3 days and could not be cut.
    I also don't want the same over bearing :poop: telling me I can not fly a American flag in front my house.

There are some benefits if the board members are not power hungry idiots, but that is few and far between.

I would not own a home in a HOA, at my age I do not want to have to mess with people who think they are they second coming of the Third Reich.

I thought we were, most of us, men of our word, our handshake is our bond. If one does not like the terms of a particular HOA or any HOA they are free to buy a home where they do like the covenants or a property without any covenants. There are certainly documented cases where an HOA overstepped its covenants but so have most human ran entities, and is not that common.

For those that hate HOA's do you like junkyard neighbors? Cars on blocks? Yards not mowed? Houses in visible disrepair? I saw a INGO classified promoting how if you bought his off road vehicle you could tick off the the HOA. LOL! Same guy would likely trash someone that said they would like to look at it but no showed, going back on their word, but going back on your word with your neighbors is soo funny.

It is not a dictator telling you what to do with your property, like many believe it is. It is a contract as to how neighbors will live together. If you want to park an RV or boat in your drive, buy a home that either has no covenants (the contract of how neighbors will live together legally recorded with the deeds) or an agreement that allows for what you want to do. If you buy with no covenants your neighbors can literally do anything the local government does not enforce.

A friend had a nice house near 25th and post, once an upper middle class neighborhood, guy behind him paved the entire backyard and began running a small 4 wrecker towing service from there. Diesel trucks running all night in the winter 20-50 feet from neighbors trying to sleep. Neighbors tried to stop it but city didn't care and they had no covenants to enforce.

The smaller the lots the greater the need for an HOA to stop the human idiocy at close range. A very important function is many HOA's are updating their covenants to limit or stop home rentals in the neighborhood. This is due to the literally trillions of dollars turning entire neighborhoods into rental complexes.

Complaining about an HOA, in most cases, is just showing ones self to have not understood what they agreed to live by when they bought or that their needs have changed and they think the agreement should be changed to accommodate them.

An HOA and covenants are an agreement the owner agreed to when they bought the land, no more no less. Please understand the agreement you are making before buying the house and everyone will be happier.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Do yalls towns not have a rule that you cant have livestock in the back yard lol? I mean if its an emotional support goat you could probably get away with it but the same goes for HOAs lol

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A good friend and neighbor of mine raises goats and chickens, he's the most knowledgable guy I know when it comes to off the grid stuff. His animals are protected by the GSF equivalent of a fortress. Like me he lives in the woods.

Top Bottom