• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I dont have one but I really want one. Downside is I dont want to "settle" so its the LWRC or nothing for me so far. Just need to keep putting my pennies away.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Had one, but didn't shoot it much. I bought it because I thought I should have one.
    I sold it at the peak of the gun panic and bought a 9mm carbine later that I like much more.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Folks will say or use some crazy excuses to not get into a particular platform and I am OK with that. I may say some anti 9mm remarks as well. Just human nature I guess. Budget/plastic/:poop: round and more. It all figures in on your perspective of what works for you.

We have taken a lot of Coyote with .223/5.56 at over 200 yds. and it rips them pretty good depending on the area hit. Buddy tried a 200 plus with a very nice AK and the rounds fell short....:dunno:
    Around 100 yds the AK was lethal.
    20" stainless bull barrel Varmint gun in 5.56 is not something I want hunting me.

ya it takes some practice to hit out there with a ak, but its not bad once you get it down. acts very much like 30-30 in my limited experince.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just not a priority. First time I shot one, probably 25 years ago, it just felt weird. Each time I pulled the trigger...it was like, boingie, boingie, boingie. Felt like a toy. I'm not saying they are not great rifles, just every time I buy something like that, I end up selling it. I've had and SKS, a Hakim, which was my favorite, and an AK. I just don't have much use for them. Although getting another sometime in the future is a really good possibility. Someone mentioned a Garand. Now that would be cool. I'll never forget the first time I shot a Garand.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Nah gotta break down military terms barney style so those on the civilian side can understand.
    Yup - had to look that up. And, gee, thanks, you're a swell guy for coming down to my level. :rolleyes:

Thank you, Manatee and Cerberus for translating.

So, is a 500 yard "Okinawa range" different than 500 yards here in Indiana, or is our favorite Marine just throwing out bravado?

Last edited:

macafly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Haven't got that far yet. I like the feel of the older military weapons so far and have found some pleasure in building from demilled kits. working on a cetme at this time. The Mosin and SKS together were less expensive and we've dropped a coyote at 250yds with the sks. It is one straight shooter---iron sights no less!!
    Cheers

macafly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I got into the .223 when I bought a Mini 14. Really enjoy shooting the round, although my use is primarily paper-punching. My buddy reloads so I get my ammo from him. Then got a Stevens 200 bolt rifle in .223. I bought a M&P 15 Sport in December for less than $600 NIB. Put a Nikon P223 3x32 scope on it. Then a Magpul hand guard, then a Hogue grip!! Still have less than $750 in the entire rig and it's fun to shoot. :ar15:

I would really like a M1A...

Ut oh---- I'm gushing now...I'm with you, I'd relly like an M1A and a Garrand. We just got interested too late. I saw an article a while back, S. Korea wants to empty their armory of 75k garrands and 200k M1A's. The deal was somewhat approved, then the gov't morons flipfloped and shut down the import deal. Time to kick em to the curb!
    Cheers

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    This thread has me lurking around the Rock River site and drooling....again.

WCT27198A_450.JPG

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I would not have one except for my Son giving me one a couple of years ago. I have always loved wood and blued barreled actions for years. I would have rather had a M1A. I would have never told him that.

Then I shot the little rifle and found out that it is a lot more accurate than I had been told and it was a fun little gun to shoot. With hand loads I can get under an inch at one hundred yards. My wife tried it and she liked it so she now has one and I not liking the 5.56 round am building one in 6mm X 45. If it hadn't been for my Son giving me one I would not have ever had one. The platform is great the round sucks for taking anything but a varmint. Well the 55 gr bullets any way. The green tip seem to be a great little round.

Last edited:

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Had guns for years. shotguns, handguns, bolt rifles. Never really wanted an ar that bad. That being said i've never shot one. I've always declined to shoot em when my buddies bring theirs over mostly because i know i'll want one.

smspears592

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I carried one for 7 years. But fell in love with battle rifles.

Blue falcon you said exactly how I feel. I owned one for about 12 years. She was a safe queen. Never felt a round go through the barrel. Sold it and took the money and bought a ds arms 58. Fell in love. Would love to try the ptr/hk 91 style someday, when money isn't a factor. Oh wait, money is always a factor!!!

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Top Bottom