• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    What finish is that on the frame.....Oh, stop tempting me dang it.

Color casehardened?

^Yep. Here's another.
    WCT28890A_450.JPG

:) Both Doug Turnbull jobs.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I have been sitting here contemplating what to finish the Range Officer in. I really like that pic but not sure the expense would be warranted.
    Might just have AllenM ceracoat it.
    i looked in to case color its not cheap by any means o do your self. but a range officer in that color would be something.

ewert45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Martinsville
    I use most of my firearms are for work. 9mm Smith 59, Sig p220 45acp and a Win 1300 12g Pump. I really not need a Ar platform in my life at this point. Maybe in the coming year. Right now I'm looking for a Ithaca pump.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Same here, started out 20+ years ago buying a lightly used mini-14 and still love shooting it; it's one of my favorites (guess from watching to much A-Team back then?). Don't own an AR yet but have been looking at several brands and would love to have something else in .223 to shoot.

Been looking at some ARs online and at LGS since prices have seemed to drop back down. WalMart also has some really great prices and lots of different brands to choose from. Really like the Colts, Windhams and Core15s that I've held. For just plinking and target shooting is it really worth getting a 'piston' model over direct-gas? Seems to be a least a $300+ premium but is it worth it? I always clean mine after shooting so that's not really an issue.

I'd love to get a nice bolt-action scoped .223 as well. Do you like shooting your Savage?

I got into the .223 when I bought a Mini 14. Really enjoy shooting the round, although my use is primarily paper-punching. My buddy reloads so I get my ammo from him. Then got a Stevens 200 bolt rifle in .223. I bought a M&P 15 Sport in December for less than $600 NIB. Put a Nikon P223 3x32 scope on it. Then a Magpul hand guard, then a Hogue grip!! Still have less than $750 in the entire rig and it's fun to shoot. :ar15:

I would really like a M1A...

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I don't own one. I don't really plan on owning one. I'm not much for shooting rifles at all, actually.

Though I do think I'd like a dedicated 9mm SBR + suppressor AR-style rifle....

-J-

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    None for me. 223 is almost as expensive a 7.62 NATO lately. 7.62 turns cover into concealment, and is better for long range. CETME gives me all the "joys" of DI without the extra expense. 7.62 Soviet fulfills the mid-size niche - not finicky at all about ammo or cleanliness. 9 mm carbine for close range. I've shot an AR before, and it was a good experience. I'm just not sure I want to learn a whole new set of skills and enter the black hole that is SOPMOD.

Top Bottom