• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have an AR because I wanted one. And I still want it despite not having shot it awhile.

As the self-appointed :fogey:, must point you to post #419:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ho-here-doesnt-own-ar-why-42.html#post5499529

tumblr_lsdptrZkpi1qh6cr0o4_r1_500.gif

Crutch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2015
    Indiana
    I have a mini 14, and I really love it but I wish I had an AR as well. I am currently saving up for a m&p 15 sport.. But with college and working part time, it will be a ways off :\

Dale1320

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Brownsburg
    I'm ashamed to say that I do not yet own an AR. I don't have a good reason because I really want one but for whatever reason, I just haven't bought one...

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Don't have one, never have and probably never will.
    Not that I think others shouldn't have one, but it's just not for me.
    I can get a more accurate rifle (bolt action) for less money and with more caliber flexibility without having to deal with finicky gas-operated actions dictating what loads I can fire.
    Reloading semi-autos (many, but not all...I know) also often requires small-base full resizing.
    With a turnbolt, I can either use a standard full length resize or (my preference) neck size.
    I'm not aware of any semi-auto out there that will work with neck sized brass at all, but I could be wrong.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think if MCFG allowed them I would own one.

I was just shooting both of my ARs out at MCFG on Thursday. You can have a lot of fun with an AR at MCFG just as long as you remember to put the .22lr conversion BCG in first. An AR with a .22lr conversion is a whole lot of fun and makes a great plinking rifle. The way things are going with AR ammo, .22 may be as much as I can afford to shoot anyway. Heck, someone needs to come out with a .380 carbine to really bring the cost of shooting down to where I can afford by reloading.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I do not have one. I have fired several friend's with very good precision. Aside from carrying it back and forth to the range to poke holes in paper, it has no practical purpose in my collection.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I do not have one. I have fired several friend's with very good precision. Aside from carrying it back and forth to the range to poke holes in paper, it has no practical purpose in my collection.

So what do you intend to do when the spikey-haired mutants swarm over the ridge?

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I was just shooting both of my ARs out at MCFG on Thursday. You can have a lot of fun with an AR at MCFG just as long as you remember to put the .22lr conversion BCG in first. An AR with a .22lr conversion is a whole lot of fun and makes a great plinking rifle. The way things are going with AR ammo, .22 may be as much as I can afford to shoot anyway. Heck, someone needs to come out with a .380 carbine to really bring the cost of shooting down to where I can afford by reloading.

Here you go

American Rifleman | Hi-Point Firearms Introduces .380-cal. Carbine and Camo Patterns

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    My brother has one...I've shot it a few times. It's nice but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money. If I am gonna spend that much on a rifle I am getting a 91/30 sniper from Classic. The just of it...I have other rifles I want more.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I do not own one. I'm a details guy. There are way too many options (parts, accessories, DIY, custom, a thousand brands) and I don't have the time to dive in and figure out what's best. I do own a rifle that shoots 5.56 but I'll probably never own an AR.

Top Bottom