• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Some would say that I am not a good representative of gun owners.

I only attempt to be a good representative of Americans.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I never saw that holster before and it looks pretty nice. How does it feel after a few hours?

Very comfortable at the 2'oclock position but starts to dig in uncomfortably at 3 and 4'oclock, at least with my body.

Other than that, draws pretty smoothly, retention easily adjustable, whole thing seems well constructed out of thick kydex...:yesway:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Pretty much everywhere this week.

Yesterday, as I walked to my truck, a shirtless, long-haired man shouted from across the street, "Yo! You got got dat Simth & Wesson!"

I smiled and chuckled back.

(It's a Springfield XD, but I didn't feel the need to correct him.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Subway. While I was at the counter, a guy seated behind me said... quite loudly and sort of obnoxiously... "Is Indiana a concealed or open carry state?" To the guy he was sitting with. He was there with 4 or 5 others.

I didn't hear the answer, but his friend did tell him to shut up about something

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Gordon Food Service, Tuesday, Check out lady bent way over to look at my 1911, then said "Retired cop?" Disabled carpenter.

Chic Fil A, Wednesday.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Just got home from spending $101.98 at Walmart in Medford, Wi while open carrying the 226 and two extra mags on other side. I honestly don’t think people 3-4 feet away even noticed. No screaming, yelling, fainting horses or such. Oh, that was four little bags and a gallon of milk!!!

Usually do this Sunday after church, but we rode bikes. The same lady who does self checkout fraud control on Sunday was there, so she came over and talked to me for a little. Said her hours were getting cut from full time to 16 a week, and not happy about it at all. One of the first times I did self checkout I apparently put a steak in the bag without checking it thru, and she caught it. Totally honest mistake, but anyway she kind of lingers around me now it seems, at least it feels that way. I just figure she’s watching my back side, pretty sure she’s packing!!!! (Unlikely)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Did you see the two, three hundred pound women fighting over the last bag of Funyums?

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Went out for a late breakfast with just my newspaper, at my regular local place. Owner knows me, and knows I OC. Medo’s in Abbotsford, WI. I highly recommend it.

Got up to get some strawberry jelly from another table and a customer asks me if it’s legal to carry a gun like that? (Sig 226 SAO in El Paso Saddlery High Slide)

Me: Yes, since 1848!

Him: And you’ve never had any trouble doing that?

Me: I never said that.

Him: Then why do they have a Concealed Carry License?

Me: That’s for people that think they need permission.

Him: You see something new every day!

Me: Hopefully!

Him: Are all states the same?

Me: No, there are about 51 different sets of rules.

Then I listened to him and his lady friend (elderly Mom?) discuss how they didn’t really think normal people needed to carry guns around town. She had her back to me and he kept leaning over so he could see me around her. I don’t think my short and sweet answers were contributing to ongoing conversation much. I don’t mind talking to people, but this was a crowded restaurant and almost required shouting to hear. Plus, I was wanting to eat while my food was hot.

I’m not normal, nor do I really care what they think. I said have a good day as I left and they seemed somewhat relieved. I OC nearly every day around town and have not had a conversation with any one about firearms in quite a while. Locals all know me, I suspect these people were not.

Owner as I was paying my bill: Thanks for coming in today!

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Did you see the two, three hundred pound women fighting over the last bag of Funyums?

Pretty docile crowd at our local Walmart. I’m probably the most controversial thing there on a normal shopping experience, and I’m pretty well behaved. Wife says I’m not allowed to get my name or picture in the paper.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Kind of joking. I OC nearly everywhere. I had my first need to educate experience in a long time a week or so ago.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Kind of joking. I OC nearly everywhere. I had my first need to educate experience in a long time a week or so ago.

It’s all good.

I conceal at church, and if I need a jacket. Wisconsin has no license open carry, and I started to open carry in 2011 about when we first got a conceal carry option. I’ve had LOTS of discussions with people about firearms over the years. I’ve found you get about three basic questions, and I’ve modified my answers over time as I’ve learned what to say. And what not to say!

This guy just kinda gave me an anti vibe, but mostly I wanted to eat my food hot and it was too loud to really have a discussion without everyone else hearing me.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    On our way back from Chiraq on Monday, we stopped at Gelsosomo's Pizzeria in Valpo. I go my sidearm out of the console, exited the car and put it on my belt. My wife said a little old lady in her car was all agape as I armed myself and went in to eat. That was it. Sorry I missed her expression. The wife said it was pretty amusing.

Top Bottom