• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    A new Pizza King has opened in Downtown Indy that has rave reviews - I haven't tried it yet.

Clearly I am going to have to drive south and check out Bronzini's.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    i apologize in advance for how "douchey" this will make me sound.

i lived in new york all my life, until last summer. because of that, i have a high standard for my pizza. now, i dont expect to have something that tastes exactly the same, given the difference in water from here to there - but the closer i can get, the better.

that being said, who has the best pizza around here? i have tried "new york style" pizza from vermont to florida to washington and thats all it is - the same style. what about the flavor!?

Fugetaboudit!

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I heard good things about Sals.

Also, Perillos in North Salem is awesome. It's a small restaurant, awesome pizza, delicious spaghetti.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    i apologize in advance for how "douchey" this will make me sound.

i lived in new york all my life, until last summer. because of that, i have a high standard for my pizza. now, i dont expect to have something that tastes exactly the same, given the difference in water from here to there - but the closer i can get, the better.

that being said, who has the best pizza around here? i have tried "new york style" pizza from vermont to florida to washington and thats all it is - the same style. what about the flavor!?

Actually it's the accent that makes you sound "douchey".......:D Just kiddin'......

I know what you mean...I remember getting my first 'pie" in Little Italy and another in a little hole in the wall in Newark and I have to say they were pretty darn good to this unsophisticated Hillbilly River Rat!!!!!

One of my co workers on that trip was from NYC...I worked out of the "Louah-vul" Kentucky office and he nicknamed me "Julep" (He was a Kentucky Derby Fan) and he also taught me that in NYC the "F" word is actually an adjective use to instill passion in an otherwise stale sentence..I remember when we all sat down to eat with ladies present the "f" bomb would start flying. I would start to get a little red faced (with the ladies being present and all) and he would look at me and grin and say, "Aw now look...Yous done went and offended Juleps suthon sensibilities...looks at how red his face in getting girls..." and they would all bust out laughing...Good folks and good memories.....

They were all amazed that I had a bunch of guns, hunted , and owned land.....Tha's a bit of a rarity in the Big Apple...

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    +1 for barlos too. I haven't had the others.

We tried Barlo's at Taste of Mooresville a couple of years ago. they had a pizza that was fantastic, don't remember the ingredients but it wasn't traditional pizza fare. We tried their location on Kentucky just south of 465 and the same pizza wasn't worth feeding to your dog! Apparently we weren't the only ones that felt that way as it closed within a year.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Extraordinary Pizza 7639 Southeastern Ave 46239. Near Wanamaker on the South East side. This place was opened by relatives of the owners of "The Ordinary" which is known for great pizza in the past but has not done much IMO to maintain that reputation. Extraordinary Pizza is not the cheapest place in town unless you base your price by the pound. I ordered a large pizza there and it was around 22 bucks. When I tried to pick up the box I couldn't believe it. It was heavier than any pizza I ever had, and it was absolutely delicious. Its just a small unassuming place that you could easily drive by without noticing. I highly recommend taking notice.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Bella Pizzeria is a NY style chain that has a place in Noblesville. They're pretty good. If you want real NY style you'll have to go to Chicago. There are a few NY style places up there that are doing some really good pies. Don't let anyone fool you, though. That Chicago style stuff ain't pizza. It's some kinda cheese filled pie that they masquerade as pizza. If you make it up to Chicago, check out the Serious Eats Website for pizza suggestions. They have a whole Chicago contingent that does nothing but eat Chicago!

stevee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 29, 2013
    Avon
    A railroad worker bud from the Beech Grove yard sent a couple of slices of the Extraordinary pizza over to us. I'm glad we don't live close enough to make that a regular habit.

Interpon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Damn..never has a better corned beef than there..shapiros...best in the world.. Pizza..still not finding one like the pizza pie hole was in noblesville...wonder whatever happened to them...i would drive an hour for that pizza..
    i am also learning to ask for special requests to improve to anyones liking..like well done, light saice, extra cheese..
    ny pizza i was loking forward towas disapointing..thin and bland...but to each his own..

ok so far best pizza i can find is sahms pizza in fishers...its decent.sahm bar and pizza or something off allisonville road near 116th in strip mall

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We tried Barlo's at Taste of Mooresville a couple of years ago. they had a pizza that was fantastic, don't remember the ingredients but it wasn't traditional pizza fare. We tried their location on Kentucky just south of 465 and the same pizza wasn't worth feeding to your dog! Apparently we weren't the only ones that felt that way as it closed within a year.

I went to that one on Kentucky Avenue and I agree... wasn't impressed. The one at Southport and Bluff, across from Kroger has always been good, but I didn't care for the stuff they put out on their lunch buffet. Whenever I picked up a pie for takeout though, it was very good.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Brozini's just brought 10 pizzas, a salad, and a huge bucket of their breadsticks in. someone ordered a bunch and never came to get them, so they brought them to us. MMmmm.....

Top Bottom