What is your longest serving CCW handgun ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a Glock 19 that I carried for a little over 5 years.
    I decided to finally make the jump into a dot a few years back. So I bought another 19 and had it milled and outfitted with an RMR and soon after switched to it for EDC. The round count on the other was getting high anyhow, and it has now has been retired. The current EDC I'm sure/I'd hope will go well beyond 5 years.

Admittedly I’m not a “one is none and two is one” type person but knowing how it turned out for you, would you have just went with your original pistol instead of buying a new one? Especially if the round count was not too high?

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Glock 26. Almost 15 years. Up graded last year to a GEN four version.I’ve carried others but I always go back to the 26.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Over the years I have rotated my preferred carry gun many, many times. The oldest in my current stable is my Gen1 (post recall) Ruger LCP. I believe that I bought this one in 2009/10 time-frame, and it was refurbished after it survived a house fire in 2014.

Even when I carry something larger, I always find room for this dependable beauty:

jJFWcn5l.jpg

QBall

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2020
    New Salisbury
    My primary carry gun has been a Gen2 Glock 19 which I purchased in late 1993 and carried until February of this year, when I went to a gen 4 Glock 26. I'd never really thought about this before, wow, 27 years seems like a pretty good run for a carry pistol.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Glock 27. Was the second gun I purchased ever, probably close to 10 years ago. I don't carry it everyday, but it is my main option.
    I recently picked up a Smith 360 though that is amazingly accurate for a snubby. I might carry it this summer.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    M&P Shield 45 the last 4 years warm weather carry. Cold weather its been a Canik TP9 for the last 5 years. Still testing the CZ P10F out. When I feel its reliable it will replace the Canik.

I noticed no one has mentioned a High Point for some reason. :):

Kernelkrink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2016
    grant county
    My first handgun and first carry gun are the same, a Steyr GB bought from Northern Guns in Marion circa 1986. Used, with one magazine, thought it was a bargain at the time. Previous owner had tried a "trigger job" and ruined the sear. $130 later for a new sear it worked great but the "bargain" aspect was down the drain! Carried it for years in a homemade horizontal shoulder holster with the Alessi pull through snap retention. Double spare mag carrier on the offside. When GunSouth called me up and asked if I wanted any of the last mags to ever be imported I ordered 2, and thought the $45 apiece they wanted was highway robbery! Last ones I bought were $120 each and they were a steal...

Still carry it from time to time but my EDC is a Kahr P9. Whole loaded psitol weighs about as much as one loaded GB magazine!

Mr. Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I bought a S&W 915 in '92, I have a few others I carry, but most of the time, it's the 915. Especially in the winter. 1500+ rounds thru it and still as good as new. Proper clean and lube. Drawn twice, Once when a fugitive charged up the driveway at me and another when a guy put a knife to my throat. Saved my butt both times and I trust it for sure.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Glock 27. Was the second gun I purchased ever, probably close to 10 years ago. I don't carry it everyday, but it is my main option.
    I recently picked up a Smith 360 though that is amazingly accurate for a snubby. I might carry it this summer.

I have had a 360PD for 3 years now and love it. Perfect summer gun

I bought a S&W 915 in '92, I have a few others I carry, but most of the time, it's the 915. Especially in the winter. 1500+ rounds thru it and still as good as new. Proper clean and lube. Drawn twice, Once when a fugitive charged up the driveway at me and another when a guy put a knife to my throat. Saved my butt both times and I trust it for sure.

With that user name I am disappointed the answer was not a Desert Eagle :laugh:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Longest running. Although I switch it up more frequently these days, it still gets love.

Ruger sr1911 .45 Commander

(Digging the boots. Wing tips for me)
    de8fd806c39d3aad0b723f06d7ca72ce.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum...2.25" version...sports a Meprolight Tritium front sight and Badger Custom Boot Grips!
    Cruzi'z in a Bianchi OWB Ranger II leather holster...been with me since December 1994...and is still in the rotation!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Admittedly I’m not a “one is none and two is one” type person but knowing how it turned out for you, would you have just went with your original pistol instead of buying a new one? Especially if the round count was not too high?

No I'm pretty happy I kept the first carry pistol as is and bought a second one. I am not terribly sentimental but that gun is so nicely broken in and used as it was. I really just wanted to keep it as is. On top of the fact I wasn't 100% in on the dot and it was going to be my first personal RDS pistol. I'm pretty set on mags and holsters for the pistol and all that stuff, so buying another one just seemed like a no brainer. Plus having two of a true EDC (I don't carry different pistols) is a good idea in my opinion. Now my back up doesn't have a dot, but it's not like I can't shoot a pistol with irons anymore it just isn't my first choice. So if I had to do it over again I would still buy a second. And I really am sold on the dot! I'm going to have a 34 milled here before too long I'm sure.

Top Bottom