What is your longest serving CCW handgun ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgtmack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    I've been carrying my 469 since I bought it new in 87. I've had several other carry guns, but it still sees regular use. I have no idea how many rounds I've put through it, but it's a lot.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    For some reason it wont take my picture. Anyway, Gen3 Glock19 with RMR for about ten years now. This is my main carry gun and was my main training gun for quite a while until I got a back up. At about 80,000 rds I put a new ZEV barrel in it.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I've carried many different guns since the late 70s, but a lot of them have been traded or sold. Currently my longest serving carry gun is a S&W 642-1, from the mid 90s.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Been carrying a Kahr PM9 since it first appeared on the scene. Bought a Sig P365 to replace it but don't have enough rounds through it yet to consider it a self defense weapon. Before the PM9 it was pretty much what I practiced with that week since back then I just about lived at the range.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Saw this question the other day and it got me thinking , my Dan Wesson ECO would be it for me. Carried it very regularly for the last 5 years which is not bad considering I got my CCW at 18 only 7 years ago! As usual a thread is worthless without good picks

gnc5Oulh.jpg

Original set up, almost embarrassed to admit I had crimson trace grips on it ...

4M1lHsBh.jpg

Current set up, switched to VZ slimline G10 grips and switched over to leather holsters from kydex.

And yes I am bored

Edit: Open carry guns are included all guns whatever you carry daily, unless it’s a Obrez....

I missed the boots the first time around. Are those the Red Wing Classic Moc?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Correct, I have a thing for Goodyear welted shoes though moved away from Red Wing and to Allen Edmonds

How do you like the Mocs? I have been looking at them for a bit but need to get into a Red Wing store to see if they fit my feet. I went in.for a pair of Iron Rangers a few years ago, but they didn't fit right with the tall vamp of my foot. Never tried any other Red Wing stuff.

I can't say I've tried on any AE Boots but I like the look of the Higgins Mills.

:hijack:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have a Glock 19 that I carried for a little over 5 years.
    I decided to finally make the jump into a dot a few years back. So I bought another 19 and had it milled and outfitted with an RMR and soon after switched to it for EDC. The round count on the other was getting high anyhow, and it has now has been retired. The current EDC I'm sure/I'd hope will go well beyond 5 years.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    HEY CM!!! We all know you're a 1911 guy. What did you carry before smokeless powder?? :lmfao: Sorry brother, couldn't help myself.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    How do you like the Mocs? I have been looking at them for a bit but need to get into a Red Wing store to see if they fit my feet. I went in.for a pair of Iron Rangers a few years ago, but they didn't fit right with the tall vamp of my foot. Never tried any other Red Wing stuff.

I can't say I've tried on any AE Boots but I like the look of the Higgins Mills.

:hijack:

The Mocs are OK, IMHO I think the soles on the Red Wings are a bit on the hard side which is why I went over to Allen Edmonds, that and Allen Edmonds makes my ridiculous 10 EEE size

tpIGYplh.jpg

Similar to the Higgins Mill the Sullivan Streets are my favorite pair of boots I own. Also they are on a killer sale right now apparently

https://www.allenedmonds.com/shoes/mens-boots/dress-boots/sullivan-street-dress-boot/SF2170.html

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    330   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    HK P30L, V3 in 40. Bought on a whim five years ago. Carried every day since, finish is gone but the sights are still bright.

I'll be buried with that gun.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Saw this question the other day and it got me thinking , my Dan Wesson ECO would be it for me. Carried it very regularly for the last 5 years which is not bad considering I got my CCW at 18 only 7 years ago! As usual a thread is worthless without good picks

gnc5Oulh.jpg

Original set up, almost embarrassed to admit I had crimson trace grips on it ...

4M1lHsBh.jpg

Current set up, switched to VZ slimline G10 grips and switched over to leather holsters from kydex.

And yes I am bored

Edit: Open carry guns are included all guns whatever you carry daily, unless it’s a Obrez....

This tread/post/pic made the INGO Facebook page.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom