What is your longest serving CCW handgun ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Glock 19 gen 4 with RMR.

XEflKPs.jpg

Is that your snub nose on the bottom? Are those Hogue Tamer grips? Do you notice any difference in felt recoil compared to the factory grips?

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've been digging this thread for a while, time to post instead of lurk!

The king of sexy EDC pics I'm not, but I've been carrying this S&W Shield PC in 9mm since last August. I've carried others longer but this one has proven to be my favorite. Conceals and carries like a feather. Whether porting makes a difference or not, it shoots as softly as any of my alloy-framed CZ compacts, and (for me) is easy to shoot consistently well.

2ypsGBz.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

The king of sexy EDC pics I'm not, but I've been carrying this S&W Shield PC in 9mm since last August. I've carried others longer but this one has proven to be my favorite. Conceals and carries like a feather. Whether porting makes a difference or not, it shoots as softly as any of my alloy-framed CZ compacts, and (for me) is easy to shoot consistently well.

2ypsGBz.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

I was at the range yesterday and shot my not so new to me S&W 442. Then shot my Shield to compare felt recoil. Needless to say to those that have shot both, a big difference! I'm not sure why I need that snub nose. :)

Pocket gun I suppose...

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I was at the range yesterday and shot my not so new to me S&W 442. Then shot my Shield to compare felt recoil. Needless to say to those that have shot both, a big difference! I'm not sure why I need that snub nose. :)

Pocket gun I suppose...
    Yeah, those airweights with +P can rock you more than people think! As for the porting, I always thought it was a bit gimmicky until I tried my son's PC Shield. I couldn't believe how such a svelte piece of tupperware could have recoil on-par with an alloy-framed CZ compact. But maybe the Shield in general has mild recoil whether it has porting or not.

Tactical Flannel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    West Central Indiana
    For me its my Glock 27 for the last 15+ years. Its carried almost daily with a +1 magazine extension so I can have a full grip.
    If its not the primary, then I carry it as a backup to its bigger siblings the Glock 22 or 23, depending which of those two is being carried that day.

Stay safe

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

I also AIWB carry a PC Shield 1.0. I have a Magguts +2 on the factory 7 round mag body. Good trigger, extremely reliable, easy to carry, like the sights, and it's one round shy of a P365.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Taurus PT940 in 40sw, my first handgun purchase in 2001. Not to big, not to small, just wish Taurus or someone would have made extended mags for it.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Dan Wesson Guardian 45acp - Wilson Combat OWB Holster and Spare Mag around 5 years now.

I sometimes carry a G19 IWB also but the last couple years I have had 3 herniated disks and a couple back issues that make it hard to sit with.

upload image

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Longest setving? My gen1 Glock 17 I bought new in 1987 after attending Glock armorer's advanced classes in Smyrna, GA. Still have the porcupine Tupperware box.

Top Bottom