• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Aliengear got my old shell's in today via USPS, and shipped me out two new shell's today. Have tracking number already.
    Shell swap was free other than $5 to ship my old shell's back. They are shipping me two new ones for different handguns free.

Can't beat that for customer service.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    For Sig P 365 kydex Vedder Pocket Locker or Sticky Pocket Holster. Both work well.
    I have an Alabama holster for my 365, and thinking about ordering another for my 365x in optic cut, but also seeing the Vedder as an option. Anything in particular you don't like about the Vedder? Did you order it direct from Vedder? How was that experience? Just curious.

I got my Alabama on INGO, so I don't have direct experience with how long it takes to get from them, but really like the holster. Just not sure how the Vedder stacks up. Looks very similar.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have used the Vedder for about 2 years. My Sig is equipped with a manual safety, so the Vedder is made with a more exaggerated thumb release which also accommodates the safety lever. At times, that thumb release digs into my leg, and I have to readjust the holster. I did get it directly from Vedder with no problem that I recall. Sometimes depending on pocket depth, I use the Sticky Holster, as it seems to orient the Sig more upright in a deeper pocket. Hope this helps.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Picked up another Dara duty holster for the PDP-F. Solid holsters for training classes.

Attachments

• IMG_20230725_203027.jpg
      IMG_20230725_203027.jpg
      413.3 KB · Views: 11

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll go back and read the thread, but what IWB or pocket, etc concealed holsters are folks generally using for smaller handguns with optics (red dot style) ?

Anything particular folks are doing differently with an optic equipped gun vs what they did before? i.e. if you pocket or IWB carried a P365 before, once you added an optic are you still pocket carrying with an optic cut holster.

Is it just frequent cleaning of your optic, (lint, sweat, etc that accumulates when carrying IWB/pocket, etc)?

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Non optic, but for my Glock 43 I love my king tuck.
    I'm a thinner guy, and just a tee shirt and it disappears
    For IWB I've used a King Tuk quite a bit. When I went to the 365 I picked up a crossbreed mini tuck, but I still have several king tuks for other guns.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I came here to post I just got a PHLster Enigma Express Floodlight2 for my G19.5 with Surefire X300T-B a few days ago.

Having been up and down the weight loss rollercoaster I’m at a point now where I could stand to lose 50 pounds or so and I never thought I could carry AIWB until I tried this rig on. The secret is not being limited to your existing belt line for holster placement.

I got the Sport Belt and it’s super comfortable. I really like the fact that the holster indexes on the light so it will fit most any compact or full-size handgun with an X300.

I also got the PHLster Modular Wedge Kit but after seeing it and watching a few videos I think I’m going to return it uncut and carve my own instead. I’m into DIY stuff like that.

I really love my Safariland ALS stuff but this rig is so much easier to draw and re-holster from and conceals so much better. My Safariland stuff may go up for sale or end up in the dreaded holster drawer.
    Replying to my own post here to show the hand–carved wedge I made from a Walmart yoga block secured to the holster with industrial-strength Velcro.

It took two tries to get the wedge right. The first time I got the angle wrong, and actually made what would be a right-hand wedge, instead of left-hand. Measure twice, cut once!

The wedge is made by making one hacksaw cut off the corner of the yoga block, then sanding and cutting the block and cutting matching pieces of Velcro to attach the wedge to the holster.

The highest point of the wedge is furthest from the grip of the pistol. This works in conjunction with the mod wing of the Enigma Express holster. The mod wing uses belt pressure to rotate the pistol so the grip is tucked in close to the body.

Complementary to the mod wing, the wedge pushes the muzzle outward to ensure the optic and slide are tucked in close to the body.

If done correctly, it takes very little belt pressure to hold everything in close where it belongs for optimum concealment and minimal printing.

If doing this yourself, put the loop (“soft”) side of the Velcro on the holster and the hook (“spiny”) side on the wedge. This way, if you ever decide to go without the wedge for some reason, it will be less irritating to your skin.

Please note the PHLster holster I chose is molded in white. The reason I chose this option because it makes it easier to see if there are any obstructions like clothing, drawstrings, etc. present when attempting to re-holster.

Disclaimer: I used to be all about the Safariland ALS stuff, and I still think it’s great. But today’s climate makes it more important than ever to be able to keep a low profile at times so this is the option I have chosen for EDC to be able to do just that.

To make it easier to visualize the shape of the wedge, I have traced the intersections of the three “facets” of the wedge with dashed red lines. This way, you can better see the overall shape of the wedge. Keep in mind we are looking at the body side of the holster, and I am left-handed so the grip would be projecting upward and to the left in thie attached image.

Your mileage may vary, but if anyone wants advice on how to make this work for them, send me a PM and I will share my experience in more detail if it helps you get where you need to be in order to be able to carry AIWB to defend yourself and your loved ones. Because that’s what it’s all about.

Link to Walmart yoga block I used:

Link to industrial Velcro I used:

Attachments

• 71291326714__E9A8C60C-FA37-465F-A0CF-ACFAAF1E0C18.jpeg
      71291326714__E9A8C60C-FA37-465F-A0CF-ACFAAF1E0C18.jpeg
      330.9 KB · Views: 15

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I recently purchased a 1791 holster for my 1911's and love that thing.
    Also picked up a Versa Carry holster for the Kimber Micro 9.
    Both are leather, as they should be, and function as expected.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Thinking my next purchase will be a 365xl and that is one fine looking holster. Can you report back after you have been carrying with that for a while ?

Top Bottom