• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I’ve been doing some MantisX training with my PHLster Enigma Express setup and I’m running between 1.5-2.2 seconds drawing from concealment to first shot.

Keep in mind this is dry fire training “shooting” at a light switch wall plate on my family room after the kids are off to bed. Not like shooting in the real world but what I can do at home.

I’m on my third wedge now and this one seems to be the ticket. I made it a little bigger all around and with a reduced-size Velcro hook fastener on the back side.

This allowed me to move the wedge around on the holster shell until I found the sweet spot with the added benefit of allowing the extra wedge material which extends beyond the margins of the holster shell to conform to the shape of the shell unencumbered by useless unattached Velcro hook material.

This works better for me than trying to sand the back side of the wedge to match the shape of the shell, locking the wedge into one location on the body side of the holster.

Two things I’m still working my way through:

1) The PHLster Enigma allows for adjustable cant by attaching each side of the belt to higher or lower holes on the front plate. The Enigma Express has no such adjustment. I’d like to cant the grip outward (toward my hip) a bit but every time I do this the pistol eventually ends up bolt upright.

2) I can get the pistol to lay flat enough to conceal perfectly but this forces the grip too low to my waistline to get a good firing grip when drawing. Raising the system about 1/2”-3/4” allows me to get a good grip on the pistol at the expense of the butt end of the pistol tipping outward enough to print. I might try more wedge here but they real solution is less beer belly, which would also make re-holstering much easier.

Still, I’m really happy with this holster system. I never thought I’d carry AIWB but here I am, doing just that. And concealing far better than I ever have with better access, especially while driving.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    2) I can get the pistol to lay flat enough to conceal perfectly but this forces the grip too low to my waistline to get a good firing grip when drawing. Raising the system about 1/2”-3/4” allows me to get a good grip on the pistol at the expense of the butt end of the pistol tipping outward enough to print. I might try more wedge here but they real solution is less beer belly, which would also make re-holstering much easier.

That's where I'm at with mine. My strategy now is that if I'm wearing something like a button down shirt, I wear the enigma high so I can get a better grip but if I'm in just a T-shirt, I drop it low for better concealment and just deal with the fact that the draw will be a lot slower.

FNparabellum

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Aug 30, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I personally enjoy the rounded and safari land holsters for owb. For IWB ive got a mix of holsters fir different occasions and clothing styles but the brovo concealment is my go to every day.

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    For IWB I have liked the Alien Gear cloak tuck 2. Very comfortable for me. (The new Alien Gear modular thingy looks uber-thick but I think they still sell the Cloak Tuck series but you have to scroll way down to find it.)

For close to body OWB (my usual) I really like the Bravo Concealment. I've been through many brands and materials and am absolutely amazed at how well it fits the gun, how sturdy yet comfortable it is ... and how INEXPENSIVE it is. Quite the winning combo. I've been so frustrated with holsters that squeak, rattle, creak or pop ... finally no more noises.

DirtRoadEvan

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I'm a fairly slender guy and started with a P365 in a tulster at 8 oclock inside the waistband. I always struggled with clearing whatever garment reliably for a good draw stroke and I didnt like the single clip on the tulster that let the gun angle/cant and the grip would sometimes poke out with a 12 rounder and was never quite in the same place when I went for if. I started experimenting with aplendix carry at some point. I like the added awareness (pretty hard to have the front of your shirt come up and get caught on the gun without noticing vs having it hanging out on your hip). I found that even as a small guy I can now pretty easily conceal a glock 17 with optic and spare mag in a Teir one axis. Clearing the garment and draw stroke is much easier and it stays in place well. You notice the weight of the fullsize more, but with how much better I shoot it, it's worth it to me.

Top Bottom