What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Probably for me, Dune was one of my top 5 book series.
    Just like the LOTR movies, you have to sort of set the books aside in your mind and just enjoy the movie.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    . It was like watching a train wreck. But we couldn't stop. At least it was only 4 episodes. It’s wild that people will still let themselves get sucked into these things!
    Wait, get sucked into pyramid schemes or get sucked into watching train wrecks that aren’t that great?
    ;)

I’m the pot calling the kettle black, I’m watching Mr Robot on prime, it is a wild confusing ride.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Watched episode six of Slow Horses last evening. Great series, if you can interpret through the strong British accents.

I was a little shocked to see the advertisement for next season at the end of the episode. Six episodes is a season?

:dunno:
    We generally use hte subtitles, especially with British accents.

Yes, many non-broadcast programs have very short season runs. I've found that lots of UK programs (BBC/Britbox, etc.) have as few as 2-4 episodes in a season (or seires as they call them. There is an upside in that some of them are true 90 minute episodes.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I got it too. Prime Video has gone way downhill the last couple of years, following in the footsteps of their ruining Prime Music. The only shows we watch on there on their original content, and that is not exactly prolific.

We use the heck out of Prime shopping. I will be giving it a good look when it is up next though.
    I was really disappointed when they put Bosch Legacy on their "commercial" system. But I watched it.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    We started watching Designated Survivor. It started off ok and is ok at times. But the significant portions where a whiny Keifer Sutherland is begging for gun control or more federal money for arts in the schools…ugh. It makes it almost unwatchable.

We were watching it until Neflix? took over. I just remember watching the show, then two guys having fairly graphic sex popped up on the screen. Not into that at all so we quit watching.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We were watching it until Neflix? took over. I just remember watching the show, then two guys having fairly graphic sex popped up on the screen. Not into that at all so we quit watching.
    Yep. We finally made it to season 3 the other night. That must be when Netflix took over because the profanity hit sailor/foundry level and the homosexual stuff is front and center. The whiny lefty stuff was almost too much to bear. The cussing doesn’t bother me but I’ll not watch the other stuff.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I read the first one, it was really good. I haven't read any others yet.
    IMO, the books are kind of up and down but none are really too bad. The first book is definitely one of the better ones. Lee Child obviously didn't bother to do much research before writing any of them but that's not uncommon.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Youtube... (yes, I know it's a Netflix and Amazon thread. But.. it's FREE)

The Seabees were mentioned in the Military BS thread, so I thought I'd search for it.

View attachment 322570

We’ll have to check that out when we feel better. Pretty sure I watched it when I was a kid. My wife’s dad was a WWII SeaBee, helped build the runway in the Azores.

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Did you guys see (didn’t read all the comments) the sound of freedom is on prime now, I got halfway through and had to pause it gonna finish today. Also reacher is awesome.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This isn't Netflix, but Amazon Prime is showing a marathon of the old 1960's F.B.I. series with Inspector Erskine on their "Live TV" link.
    They must've been restored because the color and video quality are very good.

But it's still funny with some of the shooting I remember from when I was a kid.
    Last night Inspector Erskine dropped a running bad guy with ONE shot from 100 yards or so with a snubnose revolver. :lmfao:

Top Bottom