What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    My wife pulled up a Netflix documentary from a couple of years back - LuLaRoe Rich. About the company that has a pyramid scheme Multi Level Marketing scheme with houosewives selling ugly leggings. It was like watching a train wreck. But we couldn't stop. At least it was only 4 episodes. Its wild that people will still let themselves get sucked into these things!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Over the last 2 days I've watched all my favorite Christmas movies.

Diehard
    Christmas Vacation
    Violent Night
    Christmas with the Kranks
    Office Christmas Party
    A Christmas Story
    Scrooged

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Not on a streaming service yet, but we went to Ferrari yesterday. adam Driver and Penelope Cruz played roles that explored new acting capabilities for them. Overall, my reaction to the movie was kind of "meh", but it wasn't completely boring. Just not really grabbing my interest. The 1000 Mile race was ok, and the car crash scene was well done in its horrific nature. My rating of the movie is 3 out of 5 stars.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Watched episode six of Slow Horses last evening. Great series, if you can interpret through the strong British accents.

I was a little shocked to see the advertisement for next season at the end of the episode. Six episodes is a season?

:dunno:

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    My Prime subscription is up in Feb 2024 and seriously considering dumping it. Tired of these effing rent-seekers continually nickel & dime'ing me to death. How many of you got this email today?

I feel like I pay plenty enough to not watch ads, this is breaking the camel's back and will probably cancel in protest (not that it'll do any good unless a few million like me do it too).

Dear Prime member,

We are writing to you today about an upcoming change to your Prime Video experience. Starting January 29, Prime Video movies and TV shows will include limited advertisements. This will allow us to continue investing in compelling content and keep increasing that investment over a long period of time. We aim to have meaningfully fewer ads than linear TV and other streaming TV providers. No action is required from you, and there is no change to the current price of your Prime membership. We will also offer a new ad-free option for an additional $2.99 per month* that you can sign up for here.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My Prime subscription is up in Feb 2024 and seriously considering dumping it. Tired of these effing rent-seekers continually nickel & dime'ing me to death. How many of you got this email today?

I feel like I pay plenty enough to not watch ads, this is breaking the camel's back and will probably cancel in protest (not that it'll do any good unless a few million like me do it too).

I got one also. :xmad:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I got it too. Prime Video has gone way downhill the last couple of years, following in the footsteps of their ruining Prime Music. The only shows we watch on there on their original content, and that is not exactly prolific.

We use the heck out of Prime shopping. I will be giving it a good look when it is up next though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I got it too. Prime Video has gone way downhill the last couple of years, following in the footsteps of their ruining Prime Music. The only shows we watch on there on their original content, and that is not exactly prolific.

We use the heck out of Prime shopping. I will be giving it a good look when it is up next though.
    We do as well. Part of me is tempted not to renew our Prime membership to see how much it cuts down on our shopping/spending...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We started watching Designated Survivor. It started off ok and is ok at times. But the significant portions where a whiny Keifer Sutherland is begging for gun control or more federal money for arts in the schools…ugh. It makes it almost unwatchable.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well, I am the only scifi nut that has never read Dune and never watched the movies, that is until yesterday.

I must say I was right.

Now because of my OCD I will have to sit through another boring segment. I really hope there is not a third.

On another note, I am enjoying Reacher.

I must note that the departure from the books (Reacher was a solo act) bothers me a bit. It seems they have developed a cast of characters that will be together in following seasons. There are articles calling for Roscoe to be brought back.

Although I do like this it is not Reacher.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Well, I am the only scifi nut that has never read Dune and never watched the movies, that is until yesterday.

I must say I was right.

Now because of my OCD I will have to sit through another boring segment. I really hope there is not a third.

On another note, I am enjoying Reacher.

I must note that the departure from the books (Reacher was a solo act) bothers me a bit. It seems they have developed a cast of characters that will be together in following seasons. There are articles calling for Roscoe to be brought back.

Although I do like this it is not Reacher.
    Me too. I read the Dune books, but trying to watch the original movies was excruciating for me and my ADD. It was a slog.

As for Reacher, like anything else it's an adaptation and since I never read the books I can enjoy it for what it is - good fun action/drama.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I watched Rebel Moon and was disappointed to find that part 2 will be released in April.

I have seen several articles that say this is a Star Wars knockoff. They are wrong.

When the Guns of the Magnificent Seven came out it was touted as the last remake of the Seven Samuri.

When Battle Beyond the Stars was produced it was said to be the last remake of tGotMS which was a remake of the SS.

I saw it from the beginning, but the last scene of part 1, we see 6 riding through the standing grain and then it shifts to the robot.

Everything in HW is derivative this is definitely NOT the last remake of the Seven Samurai!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Me too. I read the Dune books, but trying to watch the original movies was excruciating for me and my ADD. It was a slog.

As for Reacher, like anything else it's an adaptation and since I never read the books I can enjoy it for what it is - good fun action/drama.
    Dune was awesome. I could never go beyond it though.

Are you talking about the movie with Sting? That was horrible. The miniseries and the recent movie were much better.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    All I have to say is if the new movie is much better, I am thankful I never saw the original.

Top Bottom