Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What if the Union reps had gone the other way and recommended obedience to brandon? Would they hold enough sway or did they read it ahead of time?
    They probably had members telling them they'd leave.
    They can do the math.

US Steel Gary Works used to have 30k employees. Not including managers, contractors, etc.
    They now have less than 5k.
    Yet more steel is being made.
    Machinery and computers allow a man to control more equipment.
    But, that means that it has more of an effect when a man leaves.
    My shop had 11-12 people in my craft in my area.
    Now there are 5.
    So, before, a man left, and it was only 8 percent loss.
    Now it's a 20 percent loss.
    Also, some one retires, then they're down to 4. People still go on vacation, goes down to 3.
    We've had that happen, then someone went to the hospital.
    We had 2 guys working 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week.
    Everyone is older now. Doesn't want the overtime.
    Even many of the vax'd aren't turning in their vax cards.
    Because they don't want to be stuck there on mandatory overtime.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    They probably had members telling them they'd leave.
    They can do the math.

US Steel Gary Works used to have 30k employees. Not including managers, contractors, etc.
    They now have less than 5k.
    Yet more steel is being made.
    Machinery and computers allow a man to control more equipment.
    But, that means that it has more of an effect when a man leaves.
    My shop had 11-12 people in my craft in my area.
    Now there are 5.
    So, before, a man left, and it was only 8 percent loss.
    Now it's a 20 percent loss.
    Also, some one retires, then they're down to 4. People still go on vacation, goes down to 3.
    We've had that happen, then someone went to the hospital.
    We had 2 guys working 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week.
    Everyone is older now. Doesn't want the overtime.
    Even many of the vax'd aren't turning in their vax cards.
    Because they don't want to be stuck there on mandatory overtime.
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Sounds like even the vaxed are with the non vaxed and see the burden that they’d have.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks for the explanation.
    Sounds like even the vaxed are with the non vaxed and see the burden that they’d have.
    Because we're running minimum crews, EVERYONE is getting fed up with overtime.
    Had 5 years of being short a man.
    So 7 shifts per week was the minimum.
    Then, every 4th week we shut down for maintenance. So everyone in maintenance works a double, even if it's a day off.
    Every 3rd week is overtime. When we go from days to 3-11s, we only get one day.
    Then, someone goes on vacation, I need to pick up 2 more days.
    So I was putting in over 60 hours a week, peaking out around 100 hours many time.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    260358422_384910226753925_345743122541052644_n.jpg

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Ok, this is PURELY anecdotal from the mouth of my liberal, rabidly pro-vax nurse daughter who is 21 weeks pregnant. Turns out that there is a “spot“ on the baby’s heart that is going to have to be genetically monitored due to multiple issues it may be. On top of that, she now has a uterine fibroid that is going to have to be removed that happens in about 5% of pregnancies. She also has an “extremely rare” (her words were less than 1% of pregnancies) placental tumor which, if it gets too big might cut off nutrition to the baby. Her friend that is an ultrasound reader or some such, who had really never seen one of these before, has seen 5-6 in the last “few months” according to my daughter.

She had two very successful pregnancies 11 and 6 years ago, so it’s curious to see these multiple issues now. She says that they think the spot on the baby’s heart is due to my “fully vaxed” daughter getting covid early in pregnancy. Don’t know what to believe, but take it for what it’s worth…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Ok, this is PURELY anecdotal from the mouth of my liberal, rabidly pro-vax nurse daughter who is 21 weeks pregnant. Turns out that there is a “spot“ on the baby’s heart that is going to have to be genetically monitored due to multiple issues it may be. On top of that, she now has a uterine fibroid that is going to have to be removed that happens in about 5% of pregnancies. She also has an “extremely rare” (her words were less than 1% of pregnancies) placental tumor which, if it gets too big might cut off nutrition to the baby. Her friend that is an ultrasound reader or some such, who had really never seen one of these before, has seen 5-6 in the last “few months” according to my daughter.

She had two very successful pregnancies 11 and 6 years ago, so it’s curious to see these multiple issues now. She says that they think the spot on the baby’s heart is due to my “fully vaxed” daughter getting covid early in pregnancy. Don’t know what to believe, but take it for what it’s worth…
    First thought, older women have more complications than younger, or could be virus or vaccine. Who know…

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

We have friends who lost a baby a month before it was due.... she was vaxxed....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Cured works.
    I like cured.
    They just need to recognize what cured is.
    Her little statement there could apply to the virus of big government as well.
    In Germany they considered cured to be just as good as vaccinated.

The way it's spreading Germany, Merkel isn't far off - chances are you're going to get infected.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Because we're running minimum crews, EVERYONE is getting fed up with overtime.
    Had 5 years of being short a man.
    So 7 shifts per week was the minimum.
    Then, every 4th week we shut down for maintenance. So everyone in maintenance works a double, even if it's a day off.
    Every 3rd week is overtime. When we go from days to 3-11s, we only get one day.
    Then, someone goes on vacation, I need to pick up 2 more days.
    So I was putting in over 60 hours a week, peaking out around 100 hours many time.
    It seems OSHA should be concerned about worker fatigue....... oh never mind. :scratch:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It seems OSHA should be concerned about worker fatigue....... oh never mind. :scratch:
    OSHA is like the police.
    They show up and draw chalk lines AFTER the fact.

When they are there.. they're measuring the height of railings and telling you to clean the headlight on the forklift.
    Not sure that I remember them doing anything preventative that they've been called out on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom