• Status
    Not open for further replies.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    But to make claims that the vaccine is ineffective? You're going to have to back that up.
    They aren't anywhere near being able to determine who gets hammered by covid and who doesn't if you look at those 50 and under. If they cannot determine who would actually suffer from an infection then how can they hope to say with any level of certainty that the vaccine is effective to any degree?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well, let's see.
    There were some new drugs the Army thought was "safe enough" to mandate.
    Then later, research found brain damage being caused.
    New drug? OK, but we're not talking about that.

Again, there quite possibly might be some side effects, but it's not based on scientific reasoning to assume that there will be a death rate above 2%.

EDIT: This is going nowhere, I've got work to do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Vaccines have. Yes, for a long, long time. Even mRNA.
    There's absolutely no reason to believe any of them are catastrophic ticking time bombs.
    There was no reason to suspect cigarettes caused cancer.. till there was.
    Asbestos was perfectly safe, till it wasn't.
    Radioactivity wasn't a problem, till it was.
    The list goes on and on.

I could name dozens of things that happen at work, that weren't problems, and people laughed when someone mentioned the problems. Till people died or suffered amputations. Then they asked.. WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I love those videos.

The ones that really **** me off are the hit and runs and the insurance frauds. I hate a thief and a liar, and they’re both.
    yup.
    Accidents are understandable. They happen. Though sometimes the accident is caused by speed, reckless driving, etc.

But the hit and runs, and the liars, well I can't state the punishment I think they should get...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    yup.
    Accidents are understandable. They happen. Though sometimes the accident is caused by speed, reckless driving, etc.

But the hit and runs, and the liars, well I can't state the punishment I think they should get...
    If you haven't, check out Reddit's idiots in cars.

My favorites are scooter riders in Asia loosing there shoes.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Vaccines have. Yes, for a long, long time. Even mRNA.
    There's absolutely no reason to believe any of them are catastrophic ticking time bombs.
    It’s a new vaccine. Certain mixtures cause certain reactions, some of which takes months and years to develop fully. This is why under normal circumstances they extensively test and research vaccines. This hasn’t had the same criticism from the research and testing stage.

don’t you remember little Mikey, the cereal kid, dying in the 80s from mixing pop rocks and Diet Coke?! Sure. Diet Coke is fine by itself. So is pop rocks. But together it becomes a fatal mixture. I heard it was closed casket.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    That's a bold statement there, Tex.

Concerns over long term effects? Sure, I get that.
    Hate the govt pushing a vax? That's legit.
    Think you're own immunity is good enough? That's cool too.

But to make claims that the vaccine is ineffective? You're going to have to back that up.

If you just don't want to get vaccinated for whatever reason, fine, that's valid. But let that be your choice, quit trying to tell others it's bad.
    Others have already posted graphs and charts. I am not going to rehash that. If it worked, why are va'ed people endanger from un vax'd? No one has ever given a reasonable answer. We had the funeral for my inlaws fully vax'ed wife about a week ago and my fully vax'ed neighbor lady a few weeks before that. The fully vax'ed inlaw is in a bad way after being on a vent for weeks and is now wheel chair bound. Everytime an un vax'ed person dies, it's SEE, THEY SHOULD have been vax'ed!. When a Vax'ed person dies, it is 150 excuses.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Doesn’t discussion include disagreement? What you’re describing is just groupthink.

Not how I see it. I am tired of those that made up their minds they believe everything they are told by TPTB and ruin the discussions of those looking for truth. They want to label those looking for truth anti-mask, anti-vax, and other names but most I know are just looking for truth and trying to make the right decisions for themselves and their families. Those that have made up their minds seem to take it quite personally others are still seeking truth, example: the JH thread yesterday.

I am not looking for groupthink, I am interested in discussions with others seeking truth. If one has found what they believe is truth and believes there is no other information to be had, please allow others the ability to rationally discuss without constantly trolling. The discussion over numbers was interesting today on here.

While I am at it I also want to add I am fed up with the constant source bashing. We know for certain there is a moratorium on all opinions that are not ministry of truth approved that is enforced by the media and social media. The ONLY outlets to reach the people are very likely to have trafficked in questionable media. My god its a Nobel winner writing the article or qualified doctor or scientists but if it does not come from TPTB media (proven liars themselves) it cannot be considered...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not how I see it. I am tired of those that made up their minds they believe everything they are told by TPTB and ruin the discussions of those looking for truth. They want to label those looking for truth anti-mask, anti-vax, and other names but most I know are just looking for truth and trying to make the right decisions for themselves and their families. Those that have made up their minds seem to take it quite personally others are still seeking truth, example: the JH thread yesterday.

I am not looking for groupthink, I am interested in discussions with others seeking truth. If one has found what they believe is truth and believes there is no other information to be had, please allow others the ability to rationally discuss without constantly trolling. The discussion over numbers was interesting today on here.

While I am at it I also want to add I am fed up with the constant source bashing. We know for certain there is a moratorium on all opinions that are not ministry of truth approved that is enforced by the media and social media. The ONLY outlets to reach the people are very likely to have trafficked in questionable media. My god its a Nobel winner writing the article or qualified doctor or scientists but if it does not come from TPTB media (proven liars themselves) it cannot be considered...
    I gotta go some windex to clean all the irony off my monitor.

You want truth, but only from sources you approve of.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I gotta go some windex to clean all the irony off my monitor.

You want truth, but only from sources you approve of.

Probably need to clean more than irony off your monitor. You are one of the "they" mentioned. I want to see robust debate between the doctors and scientists in public, but the sources you believe will not allow that but like a good sheep you follow along. I want FREEOM OF SPEECH for ALL! Not the censorship you will not denounce or even admit exists.

I want truthful statistics and unfettered information. That is not what we have and until we do this will not end.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Get vaxxed. Don’t get vaxxed. I don’t care. Don’t tell me what to do, do what you feel is best, and let’s get back on with life. The older I get the quicker time goes. What point is there being so scared of a virus killing you that you don’t live the time we do have.
    Brush your teeth and say your prayers.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

So your idea of an open forum for discussion is people who agree with you discussing why your opinions are correct? And anyone who questions whether those beliefs make sense is labeled a troll? The Jeep guy was a troll, but he’s the only one I’ve seen lately. He only posted things to get a rise out of people rather than submit a relevant thought or opinion.

I come into these things with an open mind. If you can show me something I might have missed in my thinking, I like to look into it. When Leo posted his source for why he thinks false positives are at 40%, I read through the entire link. That’s why sources DO matter, and why it’s become such a bugaboo for me. Some guy comes into the thread and says the vaccine is designed to control the population and I’d love to know where they got that. If the source of that “information” doesn’t exist, or is just a link to someone else making the same claim without evidence, that matters. We all seem to agree that having the opportunity to make your own decisions about the vaccine is paramount. Those decisions have to be based on something you can read and analyze for yourself. When someone posts stats about something, and the conclusions they drew from those stats don’t make sense to you, that’s important. If someone pointing out inconsistencies in logic is offensive to you, maybe ask yourself why. I’m interested in the truth, as close as I can get to it. I’d challenge you to look at my post history on this subject and believe I’m on any particular side of this debate. The fact that some people can’t handle anyone challenging their beliefs is an indication of a closed mind. That’s definitely not “open discussion.”

Ultimately, you’re free to avoid the vaccine. I’d like my decision to be based on all the available information.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ok, let’s try this a different way. Where did they get those sample sizes? From people who got infected and hospitalized?
    All reported cases between sometime in early April and an endpoint in late July I believe, interval specifically chosen for assumed dominance of the Delta variant

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom