• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    In both the ALEERT and Texas House reports, it is mentioned numerous times the lack of radio reception in the building.

School PD had radios that worked in the buildings, and had to carry a second radio to communicate with the Uvalde PD. Uvalde PD radios weren't reliable inside the building.

Here you can see an officer leaving the building to use his radio. Shortly after is where dispatch tells them they've received a call from inside the room.

How did the recently conducted drills not identify the radio comms issue?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Keith if you would actually watch the ****ing videos with Audio instead of spouting off at the mouth you would clearly hear radio traffic with dispatch going on the entire time in the school.

Please stop with the Mis-information

Did I say that ALL RADIOS NEVER WORKED? NOPE.

That police officer walking outside to use his radio, why'd he do that? There wasn't that much verbal communication going on in the hall.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    How did the recently conducted drills not identify the radio comms issue?

Well, it would depend on who participated in the drills. Was it just the school PD, because they had radios that worked reliably.

I do agree, that should have already been identified. Perhaps that's why the school PD had to have 2 radios, one to communicate within the department, the other outside.

23 agencies responding with this incident, so know idea how communications would pass between everyone. That comes down to technical specs of radios and frequencies used.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    As I’ve pointed out they had confirmation that class was in session right after first contact. What more do you need? Do police have to see a body or can we infer what a logical person would?

If you could, please queue up the video where that is stated...

Easy to miss details in all these videos and reports.

Chief Arredondo made a fatal assumption here...

Page 51

the testimony received by the Committee also indicated that none of these initial responders recalled hearing screams or having any contemporaneous understand as they arrived in the building, that teachers and students just then had been shot inside the classrooms.

Page 52

After the attacker fired on the responders, Chief Arredondo noticed the light on in Room 110--the room immediately south of Room 111 which was used by Ms Martinez, who had taken her class out of the building early for recess. Chief Arredondo wondered if there could be a threat in Room 110. The door was either open or unlocked. He entered to clear the room and saw holes in the wall. The room was vacant. He told the Committee he thought, "There's no babies in here. It's awards day." He testified that he prayed that if Room 110 was empty, the children might be gone from the rooms occupied by the attacker as well.

As far as the "screams of children," it must be edited out of all the videos, because I don't hear any screaming. So, if it's edited out, how long did they scream, and were the screams just from Rooms 111/112.

From what I've read of other school shootings, panic and screams occur in a lot of the classrooms when they hear the shots, not just the effected classrooms.

Also, I believe this is an unusual case, in that there were no bodies outside or in the hallways.

Here's the thing about the communications. Just because it is picked up by a body camera, doesn't mean all officers heard it.

I've missed whole conversations in front of me if I'm intently focused on something else.

I'll leave it to police and firemen on here to relate their experiences with communications during a crisis situation. How much has to be repeated because people don't acknowledge?

Just to be clear:

The response to the incident was a string of failures and misjudgment starting after the point the officers take fire through the door and/or walls.

Everything publicly available isn't everything that was recorded.

I'd suspect administrative actions, criminal charges, and civil lawsuits will bring even more detail out into the public.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    23 agencies responding with this incident, so know idea how communications would pass between everyone. That comes down to technical specs of radios and frequencies used.
    IN that small of an area, with that many bodies, they could just do it the old fashioned way, in person.

Floki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Indiana
    Reports! Reports! Here is the only report that should have been written,

"Active shooter in school killing children, our boys went in and sent him to Hell. Case closed"

end of story

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I think when the unedited audio from that hallway comes out stomaches are going to turn. Officers were in there feet away from dying children. Your not going to tell me they didn’t hear the screams.

I hope they all live a long long life and have to hear those screams every single night when they try to close their eyes. That kind of human experience never leaves someone

Last edited:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Reports! Reports! Here is the only report that should have been written,

"Active shooter in school killing children, our boys went in and sent him to Hell. Case closed"

end of story
    First LEO on the scene should have shown up to find a dead shooter propped up outside the school with a $2.00 garbage pickup tag stuck to his forehead.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Stuff like this makes me thing darker forces may have been at play that day. Chief and SGT Coronado actively stopped efforts to kill the bad guy and then when this guy finally grows a pair because he realizes it’s his wife that’s shot he gets removed, he only spent 20 minutes hiding behind the wall unable to overcome his own fear.

Also at this point everyone in that hallway knew that teachers and kids were bleeding out.

I watched the mike glover video earlier. He claims both teachers were alive when entry was made. I’ll go so far as to say bleeding for 50 more minutes after police knew 100% that they were in there probably contributed to their death.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

The school board in Uvalde, Texas, plans to vote this weekend on a superintendent's recommendation to fire the school district police chief widely criticized for his handling of the shooting rampage that killed 19 children and two teachers in May.

The Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District Board of Trustees is scheduled to consider the employment fate of Pete Arredondo in closed session during a special meeting on Saturday, according to a public agenda posted on the district's website on Wednesday.

The seven-member panel plans to confer with the school district's attorney before voting on whether to terminate Arredondo from his post "for good cause," as recommended by Superintendent Hal Harrell, the agenda shows.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    46:30. You hear him shoot and then officers shooshing each other saying “what did he say”. He was bored from waiting…..

I can barely make out him yelling “come inside”

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Undeniable video evidence they knew people were shot and in the classroom at least 40 minutes prior to breaching.

Dereliction of duty, playing bodyguard for this murderer.

Yup, 11:56:35 to 12:50:03 when they breached. 12:10:06 was the other call from inside Room 112.

There's a whole lot of blame to throw around.

I agree that the whole operation was FUBAR.

I just can't stay stuck in an emotional state venting about what they should have done. Keeping that negativity, anger and hate in me damages my soul.

From reading the reports and watching the videos, you can see the points of failure and where responders need to be mindful in the future. We can only hope that the lessons learned will help in some future incident.

One hopes, Texas will deal with dispensing "justice" as far as the responders go. People need to be held accountable. From all indications investigations are moving forward with that.

God will take care of the rest.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yup, 11:56:35 to 12:50:03 when they breached. 12:10:06 was the other call from inside Room 112.

There's a whole lot of blame to throw around.

I agree that the whole operation was FUBAR.

I just can't stay stuck in an emotional state venting about what they should have done. Keeping that negativity, anger and hate in me damages my soul.

From reading the reports and watching the videos, you can see the points of failure and where responders need to be mindful in the future. We can only hope that the lessons learned will help in some future incident.

One hopes, Texas will deal with dispensing "justice" as far as the responders go. People need to be held accountable. From all indications investigations are moving forward with that.

God will take care of the rest.
    Apparently, the lessons learned in Columbine didn't do diddly **** to influence this response here.

Top Bottom