Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Some new body cam footage out today.

Lots of fear, uncertainty, and doubt on display. Nobody seems to have any idea what they're doing or what is expected of them.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Some new body cam footage out today.

Lots of fear, uncertainty, and doubt on display. Nobody seems to have any idea what they're doing or what is expected of them.

When push comes to shove, you and you alone are responsible for the protection of your loved ones, your property, and your self.

I doubt there is a single person that ran past these people to get their loved ones out regrets doing so today.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    When push comes to shove, you and you alone are responsible for the protection of your loved ones, your property, and your self.

I doubt there is a single person that ran past these people to get their loved ones out regrets doing so today.
    Seems like individuals make better decisions than groups. When shooters are stopped outright, it seems to always be one person acting alone in the moment, either armed citizens or the first one or two cops on the scene.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Seems like individuals make better decisions than groups. When shooters are stopped outright, it seems to always be one person acting alone in the moment, either armed citizens or the first one or two cops on the scene.
    Or at least have one person who is willing and able to take command, at Uvalde it seems there was no one that would. I saw body cam of an active shooter response there were 3-4 officers and the one just took command. You get behind that car and watch the windows, you cover that door, I got a rifle I'll go first.
    https://www.ktvu.com/news/body-cam-video-shows-moment-officers-respond-to-vta-mass-shooting

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Or at least have one person who is willing and able to take command, at Uvalde it seems there was no one that would. I saw body cam of an active shooter response there were 3-4 officers and the one just took command. You get behind that car and watch the windows, you cover that door, I got a rifle I'll go first.
    https://www.ktvu.com/news/body-cam-video-shows-moment-officers-respond-to-vta-mass-shooting
    Yep. I wonder how many cops who are otherwise like that were on scene just hanging around out of the false belief that the incident was over. Like the guys outside.

The people in the hallway outside the room have no excuse.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yep. I wonder how many cops who are otherwise like that were on scene just hanging around out of the false belief that the incident was over. Like the guys outside.

The people in the hallway outside the room have no excuse.
    From the new body cam footage that was released it seemed like at least some of the officers outside knew they should be going in, but didn't. I agree with you completely about the officers in the hall.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    This looks like a different suit. Filed in Federal Court.

Uvalde shooting victims seek $27B, class action in lawsuit​

Among those who filed the lawsuit are school staff and representatives of minors who were present at Robb Elementary when a gunman stormed the campus, killing 19 children and two teachers in the deadliest school shooting in the U.S. in nearly a decade.

Instead of following previous training to stop an active shooter “the conduct of the three hundred and seventy-six (376) law enforcement officials who were on hand for the exhaustively torturous seventy- seven minutes of law enforcement indecision, dysfunction, and harm, fell exceedingly short of their duty bound standards,” the lawsuit claims.

(I guess that depends on your definition of failure.)
    Two officers have been fired because of their actions at the scene and others have resigned or been placed on leave. In October, Col. Steve McCraw, the head of the Texas Department of Public Safety, acknowledged mistakes by officers when confronted for the first time by families of the Uvalde victims over false and shifting accounts from law enforcement and lack of transparency in the available information. But McCraw defended his agency, saying they “did not fail” Uvalde.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This looks like a different suit. Filed in Federal Court.

Uvalde shooting victims seek $27B, class action in lawsuit​

Among those who filed the lawsuit are school staff and representatives of minors who were present at Robb Elementary when a gunman stormed the campus, killing 19 children and two teachers in the deadliest school shooting in the U.S. in nearly a decade.

Instead of following previous training to stop an active shooter “the conduct of the three hundred and seventy-six (376) law enforcement officials who were on hand for the exhaustively torturous seventy- seven minutes of law enforcement indecision, dysfunction, and harm, fell exceedingly short of their duty bound standards,” the lawsuit claims.

(I guess that depends on your definition of failure.)
    Two officers have been fired because of their actions at the scene and others have resigned or been placed on leave. In October, Col. Steve McCraw, the head of the Texas Department of Public Safety, acknowledged mistakes by officers when confronted for the first time by families of the Uvalde victims over false and shifting accounts from law enforcement and lack of transparency in the available information. But McCraw defended his agency, saying they “did not fail” Uvalde.

Did not fail?

That would be correct if we had a monument to the officers we lost trying to save the kids. But we don’t now, do we? So yeah. Y’all failed.

Reactions: Mij

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Will be interesting to see how this one plays out. This goes back to whether police have an actual duty to protect people.
    Hopefully if no duty to protect is confirmed the court will at least establish that police cannot prevent citizens from protecting their own. If it’s not their jobs to protect then neither is it their jobs to hinder self/family preservation.

Top Bottom