Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because a street fighter is fighting seems like he is nervous?
    If he’s so confident why did he start attacking DeSantis before he even announced himself as a candidate. It’s like you guys are playing “my orange god is better than your fake news god so neener neener” and I don’t even have a god. :dunno:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Trump/DeSantis ticket and the democrats could lose for 12 years. But never underestimate liberal idiots that love high gas and inflation and ballot harvesting. Someone on that side will have to release the next pandemic. A good sci fi movie would be how a certain political group released a virus to sway things their way, then used it to gather DNA from almost everyone under the disguise of seeing if you have it. Then create a list of all those against you and create a new virus that singles out only certain DNA of your enemies and release it killing enough the sway future elections. Call it operation Gain of Function.

I will be looking to see if Congress balances the budget and stops spending the next 2 years. If Trump or whoever doesn't talk about the debt, the spending, the wasting of $$$$ like paying people more $$$ to stay home than go to work then I'll have to write in Rand Paul. I don't see Trump losing in the primaries unless DeSantis puts up a fight and let the people decide. Could be enough that like DeSantis to win. But he doesn't have the presence of Trump. Tough call.....I don't see Trump ever jumping on the ban wagon of saving money and stop using the credit card.....we are all sitting on a ticking time bomb. Lets face it, united we stand divided we fall....and this country is getting more and more divided. And its not a left right thing anymore, its gone way past that.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Trump/DeSantis ticket and the democrats could lose for 12 years. But never underestimate liberal idiots that love high gas and inflation and ballot harvesting. Someone on that side will have to release the next pandemic. A good sci fi movie would be how a certain political group released a virus to sway things their way, then used it to gather DNA from almost everyone under the disguise of seeing if you have it. Then create a list of all those against you and create a new virus that singles out only certain DNA of your enemies and release it killing enough the sway future elections. Call it operation Gain of Function.

I will be looking to see if Congress balances the budget and stops spending the next 2 years. If Trump or whoever doesn't talk about the debt, the spending, the wasting of $$$$ like paying people more $$$ to stay home than go to work then I'll have to write in Rand Paul. I don't see Trump losing in the primaries unless DeSantis puts up a fight and let the people decide. Could be enough that like DeSantis to win. But he doesn't have the presence of Trump. Tough call.....I don't see Trump ever jumping on the ban wagon of saving money and stop using the credit card.....we are all sitting on a ticking time bomb. Lets face it, united we stand divided we fall....and this country is getting more and more divided. And its not a left right thing anymore, its gone way past that.

Helpful hint:

The republic is dead.....has been for a long time.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Not that I care as much as some here, but reading through this I would like to ask those who are so confident that Trump is the only way forward, a shoe-in, the obvious choice, whatever ... does it give you any pause to see that in here, in this forum, how much push back you are getting on Trump?
    Any pause at all, any reflection on the possibility of being over confident?
    Think about this forum compared to the general populace, and then think about where you place your confidence. Just my 2 cents.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IMO, looks weak.

Talks himself up as QB1, but has to try to trash talk someone, supposedly, in his rhetoric, not even in the same league?

Looks weak… and we’ll see how that turns out.

Seven years after his historic escalator ride, Trump remains the only man who the establishment truly fears, the only one with the capability of crashing this rigged system called
    Our Democracy™.

Thanks to Trump, we now know how Our Democracy™ really functions. The Right isn’t going to win by being less “extreme,” ignoring election integrity (if anything, this would embolden cheating), or by trying to coax elusive “independents” in elusive “free and fair” elections. America does not have free and fair elections. The “Blame Trump” narrative overlooks this harsh reality in a lame attempt to sell Trump short. Trump did not “lose” the 2020 election, no matter how many times Biden or the state-run media say it: it was stolen, if not through outright ballot fraud, then through media censorship and election regulation shenanigans that tipped the scales in his opponent’s favor.

How would DeSantis respond to having an election blatantly stolen from him in 2024? Would he fight, or meekly congratulate Joe Biden and shuffle back home to Florida? And if DeSantis were somehow to win, would he, like Trump, be able to withstand the backlash from the media and the administrative state? DeSantis’ accomplishments should not be discounted, but he has yet to show the capability or inclination to push the envelope as Trump has done. This is not surprising: DeSantis got his start within the Republican Party

It isn't just me that is saying it

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This just seems so much like the late 70s when the country looked like it would go off a cliff in the 80s, but didn't.

I'm hoping things turn around but am expecting 8 years of Gavin Newsom with the country becoming much more factionalized. Local governments simply not going along with decrees from dc, and standards of living moving much lower. At the national level, China, Europe, and big tech/media will be making the decisions for America with citizens living with an illusion of choice. Elections will become increasingly more like a combination of Hollywood and sports event with just as much influence on decisions at a national level.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If he’s so confident why did he start attacking DeSantis before he even announced himself as a candidate. It’s like you guys are playing “my orange god is better than your fake news god so neener neener” and I don’t even have a god. :dunno:
    And we arrive again at familiar territory

You take for yourself the right to pop psychoanalyze and criticize the choices of others and mock them as addled idolators

But should anyone question your choices and admit to any suspicion of bias, you retreat behind the claimed mantle of oh so careful weighing of 'all the evidence', most of which is so strained through your own bias as to wind up runny pudding

That famous question you like to recommend people ask themselves, maybe you should apply it a bit closer to home

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not that I care as much as some here, but reading through this I would like to ask those who are so confident that Trump is the only way forward, a shoe-in, the obvious choice, whatever ... does it give you any pause to see that in here, in this forum, how much push back you are getting on Trump?
    Any pause at all, any reflection on the possibility of being over confident?
    Think about this forum compared to the general populace, and then think about where you place your confidence. Just my 2 cents.
    No pause

Our belief has been tempered by unrelenting 'friendly fire' even when he proved successful the first time

We have proof our guy can get it done. You do not

If that faction is so confident, why do they want to avoid the primary and just have DeSantis declared the winner. If they're worried about divisiveness being an issue, why start now - shouldn't they have been similarly worried when Trump won the first time

Situational ethics are situational and IMO primarily serve to justify choices already made for suspect reasons

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    You do not
    Whoa easy there fella. I don't have a guy.
    If that faction is so confident, why do they want to avoid the primary and just have DeSantis declared the winner. If they're worried about divisiveness being an issue, why start now - shouldn't they have been similarly worried when Trump won the first time

Situational ethics are situational and IMO primarily serve to justify choices already made for suspect reasons
    I'm just not nearly as confident as you that we can put him in again, if we could, undivided, with consensus, it could be good, I just don't see any possible way he will get in let alone with consensus. So I think it's misplaced confidence and a waste of time, that's all.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Fourth dimension is usually thought of as time

No chess matches are instantaneous, thus all matches have a temporal component

Such a component could be considered the 'timing' of any moves

Trump selected the 'timing' of his dis on DeSantis, ergo it could indeed be considered '4D chess'

Might need a new complaint
    Ok. Trump trying to stay one move ahead. How's that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And we arrive again at familiar territory

You take for yourself the right to pop psychoanalyze and criticize the choices of others and mock them as addled idolators

But should anyone question your choices and admit to any suspicion of bias, you retreat behind the claimed mantle of oh so careful weighing of 'all the evidence', most of which is so strained through your own bias as to wind up runny pudding

That famous question you like to recommend people ask themselves, maybe you should apply it a bit closer to home
    Yes. Indeed we find ourselves in familiar territory. You claim I say I'm unbiased, yet I make no such claims. I have learned through life that when I am skeptical of my biases I tend to believe things that turn out to be truer. When I see people with unwavering adoration for a man, rising to the level that incapacitates them from admitting simple objective facts that counter their beliefs, I think such people are very susceptible to believing things that are untrue.

As for the question. Am I full of ****? Well, I'm 100% sure you think I am, or we wouldn't have these back and forths. At least when it comes to when I say something critical of Trump. We seem to agree on many other things. I am also pretty sure that my ability to criticize Trump has nothing to do with loyalties or bias. I'm not eager to find unfavorable news about Trump. But you guys seem to think that anyone who has any capacity to level any criticism about Trump must be a nevertrumper. I think your inability to criticize him is more about your loyalty than because there are no legitimate criticisms of him. And so I do think your bias makes you far less skeptical than if you didn't have that sort of loyal adoration.

But you seem to embrace your biases. You've ridiculed me, claiming that I have some unreachable standard for evidence and that your instincts make you right. I only require credible evidence. Is this or that claim true? What facts confirm it that it's true? What facts obviate it? Why believe it without that? Take Trump's bumpstock ban. You guys seemed to go through the progression of behaviors people go through with cognitive dissonance. Denial: you (rhetorically "you") claimed he didn't order the BATF'kers to do it. Then when his memorandum ordering it was produced, you excused it, claiming that he was trying to save us. Some just dismissed it claiming that it's only a bump stock.

Yeah, I'm skeptical of my biases. I want to be skeptical of my biases. I hope to think that being skeptical of what I want to believe tends to make me less full of **** than people who embrace their biases. And it's not that I want to compete for who is less full of ****. It's that actively trying not to be full of **** has to pay better dividends.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom