• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I googled the last President to lose their home state by >20% and you'll never guess who I found...

View attachment 335857
    Nice try, but that's an apples to oranges comparison. What you were challenged to show was any candidate who lost his/her/its home state in the PRIMARY by 20 points and didn't drop out. I don't think people drop out of the presidential race, I think they just lose

Trump WON his (at the time) home state by 35+ points in the republican primary

WhatYouShouldCite.png

Are you SURE you aren't Haley's press secretary? Because your argumentation seems a bit ... Jean-Pierre

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Show me that last person to drop out after getting 40% in a primary. It's not owned.

I would think she'd be pretty disappointed that she did so badly in her own home state. Losing her state by that much is a statement. She got owned.

I do think she WILL stay in longer than she should. That doesn't mean she obviously should now. I think her reasoning is to provide an alternative to Trump and to get delegates, as I mentioned. Why does she so threaten you?

Has she already stayed in longer than she should? Does she have a logical reason to stay in? Is "to provide an altrnative to Trump and getting delegates, given the polls, given her performance in the primaries held so far, given that many of her financial backers are "pulling out of her", a logical reason to stay in?

Oh. And why does she so threaten me? She's a ****ing neocon. They're all a threat to America.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    Nice try, but that's an apples to oranges comparison. What you were challenged to show was any candidate who lost his/her/its home state in the PRIMARY by 20 points and didn't drop out. I don't think people drop out of the presidential race, I think they just lose

Trump WON his (at the time) home state by 35+ points in the republican primary

View attachment 335970

Are you SURE you aren't Haley's press secretary? Because your argumentation seems a bit ... Jean-Pierre
    I showed him that he was the last candidate to lose his home state by >20. It is a fact. I also asked to see the last person to drop out after getting 40% in a primary. Don't be so snowflake.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I showed him that he was the last candidate to lose his home state by >20. It is a fact. I also asked to see the last person to drop out after getting 40% in a primary. Don't be so snowflake.

It was also hitlary's home state...
    your apples and oranges are rolling off the table all over the floor.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not the Biden administration official claiming our inalienable rights come not from God but rather are given to us by the government? Not the officially sanctioned church of satan display in the Iowa (I believe) state capitol that someone was prosecuted for a hate crime for when he smashed it?

You should get out more
    Are you serious?! The Iowa satan was just a put-on to get your gander! They didn't believe it. They put it up because they new it irk the easily irked and so totally worked. Honestly, kudos to them.

And someone smashing it should be charged with a crime! (not a hate crime, cause that's dumb) You want religious freedom? Well you better be ready for what you ask for. It's like some politicians never read The Monkey's Paw.

And even if it was pure and honest Satan worship (which it clearly wasn't), at least it wasn't making outlandish proclamations about what G-d is marking as holy.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Why? Sanctimoniously presumptive, yes. Sacrilegious? Nah. People get to believe they’re on God’s side, which, logically, would mean they also believe God is on their side. Is it disrespecting the sacred to think god could be on the side of a sinner?

If it’s sacrilegious to think so, is it also sacrilegious to presume God is not on a person’s side who you think is unworthy? My problem with either is the presumption.
    I guess that depends on what you mean by "on the side of". Does hardening Pharaoh's heart qualify?

Actually, all have sinned, so everyone is a sinner.

The picture isn't "I am God, and I'm putting Trump in power just like I've put every single ruler in power that ever walked the earth"

If that's the case then where is the picture with Biden in his place? Because if you believe that God put Trump into the oval office then you darn better believe that God put Biden there too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So who is the last candidate to drop out after getting 40% in a primary?
    John Kasich got 46.8% in the Ohio primary in 2016, but his goal was to get enough delegates to keep Trump from getting 1237 and force a contested convention (whoring for neverTrump, seem familiar?) and it soon became apparent there was not only no path to win but no path to accomplish even that more modest goal

Ohio was one of only three primaries he won before dropping out

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    John Kasich got 46.8% in the Ohio primary in 2016, but his goal was to get enough delegates to keep Trump from getting 1237 and force a contested convention (whoring for neverTrump, seem familiar?) and it soon became apparent there was not only no path to win but no path to accomplish even that more modest goal

Did he drop out right after or keep going? It’s sort of important here.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So who is the last candidate to drop out after getting 40% in a primary?
    Kasich got 46.8% in the Ohio primary in 2016, but his goal was to get enough delegates to keep Trump from getting 1237 and force a contested convention (whoring for neverTrump, seem familiar?) and it soon became apparent there was not only no path to win but no path to accomplish even that more modest goal

Cruz and Rudio both won primaries with over 40% as well in 2016.

Bernie did in 2020

Top Bottom