North Central

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How the hell did I become the ombudsman for Haley? I just said she was competitive enough to keep going.
    If 40% of her 40% was from democrats, how is she competitive in a GOP primary? It’s not that I think of you as Haley’s ombudsman. You’ve been more like her promoter.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    If 40% of her 40% was from democrats, how is she competitive in a GOP primary? It’s not that I think of you as Haley’s ombudsman. You’ve been more like her promoter.
    Not her promoter. I wanted Results from DeSantis. I don't know how long she will go, but Trump needs to start figuring out how to unify the party and pull in her voters. She's probably close to calling it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not her promoter. I wanted Results from DeSantis. I don't know how long she will go, but Trump needs to start figuring out how to unify the party and pull in her voters. She's probably close to calling it.
    He has and is. I keep trying to convince you that the Bush era conventional wisdom is dead, DOA, over. Read this, it explains what is going on. There is an unprecedented in our lives realignment.

The biggest Biden corporate donors were employees of Google, Microsoft, IBM and Kaiser Permanente. The biggest Trump givers came from Walmart, FedEx and UPS.”

This is the new America. This is populists versus elites. The rich versus the middle class. Biden got a lot more money from the rich than Trump ever got, but among donors giving less than $200, Trump beat Biden by a wide margin.

People keep asking: can Trump win over independents? Can Trump win over Haley voters? I'm quite sure he'll do very well in both cases, but people are overlooking the fact that Mr. Trump's key policy issues – a middle-class affordable economy, closing the border, restoring law and order, peace through strength, respect abroad -- are leading to realignment, not just the old static polling between Republicans, Democrats and independents, but realignment.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    He has and is. I keep trying to convince you that the Bush era conventional wisdom is dead, DOA, over. Read this, it explains what is going on. There is an unprecedented in our lives realignment.
    1- The true test of that will be post-Trump. When it is time to move on. Where will the party go, because nobody else has a lock on people quite like this.

2- You still have to win independent votes. Independents don't poll great for Trump. Haley is dominating there, which is a red flag for Trump. He loves red flags…

3- Biden’s numbers with independents are trash, so he has a chance. This goes down if the Ds inject someone else.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If she keeps this up, she might not get her name in the will. That is if there is still anything left after political lawfare operatives get done fleecing her FIL.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Seems like a few months ago Trump was telling people they need to vote early. Now it’s bad? I’m planning to vote early absentee in person. Which sounds a little too much like ordering coffee.
    I can't and won't speak for Trump.

In the case of early voting, my head and my heart are two different pages. My heart enjoys the traditional cultural Americana of gathering up my children, taking them to vote with me, explaining why we are so fortunate to live in a Constitutional Republic and teaching them the sacred virtue of being able to choose elected representatives every two, four and six years. I enjoy showing my ID, proving my residency and having my signature checked.

Election Day should be a Federal Holiday. In person voting and Voter ID should be required and the absentee ballot reserved.

But that's mere nostalgia. Days of a time gone by. The ballot box is no longer sacred and has been pimped and whored by the DNC machine.

Mail in voting, text voting, "absentee ballots" and lengthening Election Season are all tools the DNC will use to gather, harvest, procure, create and multiply as many votes as needed to win. Blue State Secretaries of State will only approve of such measures. Purple State Secretaries of State won't know what to do or will be too complicit by not wanting to appear racist, exist, bigoted, misogynistic, and LGBTQFUBAR phobes and the middle of the country will continue it's tradition.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

In the case of early voting, my head and my heart are two different pages. My heart enjoys the traditional cultural Americana of gathering up my children, taking them to vote with me, explaining why we are so fortunate to live in a Constitutional Republic and teaching them the sacred virtue of being able to choose elected representatives every two, four and six years. I enjoy showing my ID, proving my residency and having my signature checked.

Election Day should be a Federal Holiday. In person voting and Voter ID should be required and the absentee ballot reserved.

But that's mere nostalgia. Days of a time gone by. The ballot box is no longer sacred and has been pimped and whored by the DNC machine.

Mail in voting, text voting, "absentee ballots" and lengthening Election Season are all tools the DNC will use to gather, harvest, procure, create and multiply as many votes as needed to win. Blue State Secretaries of State will only approve of such measures. Purple State Secretaries of State won't know what to do or will be too complicit by not wanting to appear racist, exist, bigoted, misogynistic, and LGBTQFUBAR phobes and the middle of the country will continue it's tradition.
    I agree with all of your sentiments but unfortunately one must learn to adapt to the current political election climate to compete. The GOP needs to beat the Democrats at their own game. Lara Trump appears to get it when she called for early voting.

LARA TRUMP: "What happened in 2020 cannot and will not ever happen again. We must adapt. And we must fight fire, not with fire, but with dynamite. We must, and we will, build the strongest, most secure election operation that this party has ever seen. That’s how we have to do this, folks. But we got to adapt a little."

Now in saying that I'm not saying the GOP should give up efforts on election reform but in the meantime...

Last edited:

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

People who have learned from the last few elections have recognized the current MAGA formula of getting wiped in early voting and hope to catch up on Election Day hasn't panned out.

A general principle about elections that not all in MAGA have embraced is that you must get more votes than others to win. Getting out the vote is essential; an effective way to do that is to vote early. Getting people out early allows campaigns to focus efforts on those who haven't voted yet, yes they can see that data. It also reduces congestion and the potential for "glitches" on election day to hinder the vote that GOP folks procrastinated on.

There is ZERO evidence that early votes have been tossed, not counted, counted for fewer votes, or any of the wild, insane pillow man complaints being true. It's easy to force long lines or problems in red areas with long lines and tech issues that hurt Republicans. You become susceptible to weather-challenging turnout. The issues that could hurt a Republican get diminished when we rack up votes early.

I hope Trump told people to vote early because that is how you. win. Republicans can cry about the game or play the game. Losing and blaming the other side for trying to make voting as easy as possible and resisting it until election day is a losing strategy.

If she keeps this up, she might not get her name in the will. That is if there is still anything left after political lawfare operatives get done fleecing her FIL.
    The RNC folks have acknowledged the need to focus on early voting. Lara Trump is trying to win. Might want to think outside the box on this one.

Top Bottom