• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I know that Kelly and Trump had a bit of a kerfuffle a couple of years ago, but I've occasionally listened to her podcast, and she has said some pretty positive things about him. But clearly, she's not obsequious enough for him.

Bad Megyn! No VP consideration for you, young lady!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know that Kelly and Trump had a bit of a kerfuffle a couple of years ago, but I've occasionally listened to her podcast, and she has said some pretty positive things about him. But clearly, she's not obsequious enough for him.

That's Trump's whole shtick though. Insult everyone who doesn't kiss the ring. It's probably inbred. Anyway, Megyn has been sticking up for Trump on her podcast. Maybe Trump doesn't watch it, so he doesn't notice it. Or, like some of the Trumpers, maybe he feels like any criticism, regardless of low proportion to praise, is exactly the same as being a never Trumper. It's all Trump all the time, or hater. No in between.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

In an interview more recently Trump wasn't pleased with Kelly because she pressed him on Fauci. She was being nasty.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In an interview more recently Trump wasn't pleased with Kelly because she pressed him on Fauci. She was being nasty.
    I saw that interview. Basically if a journalist doesn't kiss his ass, they're "nasty" or "fake news". And I'd have to agree with him on the TDS of just about everyone who works for a mainstream news outlet. But Kelly asked fair questions of Trump in the interview. That's what good journalists do. Not that I think she's a great journalist.

But I thought her interview with Trump sought to find the real story, not just the story Trump wanted to tell. Trump's relationship with Fauci is part of the story. But then that brings us to the valid criticism of Trump over his handling of COVID, which the Trumpers try to excuse, obfuscate, or claim was correct, which is in contrast with what they say about lockdowns, mask and vaccine mandates.

mergatroid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2018
    INDIANAPOLIS
    We need good solid governance of our nation. We have problems that need solved, action taken. Our collective denial about crime, secure borders, economic policy and foreign affairs and international participation is moronic.

Our denial shows in the candidates that are put forth by our political parties. One-liners, mean tweets and showing iconoclastic tendencies can get you elected, but then what? Can you work within the structure of our government to get solutions to problems applied?

Flip side of the coin, global warming, unfettered access to abortion and gun control are just talking points to get votes. We all know those issues are not going to be settled. They are simply troll's bate to get people to line up in one of two lines. Yet we pretend that they are real issues. We play along. We deny that we are just participating in a game that will effect nothing.

So, as I see it, Trump can get elected but will not be allowed to govern. Period.

The left side of the aisle will not allow it. And one of these days, the right side of the aisle will learn to play that game too. And we are then stuck with nothing. No governance at all. Then what?

Stalemate, while crime, border security, economic stability and the rest of our serious national problems go unaddressed for another 4 or 8 years. Can we wait that long?

Like it or not, we all (D,R,I whatever party) have to live with and to an degree approve of the government to advance our country. But I am not seeing it in the near term. Certainly not with Trump.

(Donning my fire proof reading glasses as I wait for response.)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Merging with Trump 2024 thread. This is a discussion forum. Let's keep it between the ditches here.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I'm sure as heck NOT voting for anyone the uniparty ALLOWS to govern.

TRUMP 2024! MAGA!
    What exactly is the "uniparty?"

If that's REALLY your concern, do you TRULY believe a shill for the Club for Growth or a shill for the Military Industrial Complex is going to fix it? Please quote the plans either has articulated to do so, and for extra credit explain why you believe them
    I'm referring to Gaetz crying about the debt going up as if it were McCarthy's fault or that changing the speaker would fix it..

The Rs who voted against McCarthy cited the debt. The only way to do anything about the debt is to win all three required legs.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What exactly is the "uniparty?"
    Easy. It’s the nearly perfect overlap between establishment Democrats and establishment Republicans on the Venn diagram. The most prominent example is Cheney, who is indistinguishable from a Democrat yet still calls herself a Republican.

Top Bottom