• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What are our federal house of representatives supposed to represent first and foremost? The constitution. If a homeowner wants to have a strip club in his house dors the rep represent them or the covenants? One point of the board is to ensure the covenants that everyone agreed to are followed.

Don't want to follow covenants, don’t join an HOA.
    Strip club? Seriously?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What are our federal house of representatives supposed to represent first and foremost? The constitution. If a homeowner wants to have a strip club in his house dors the rep represent them or the covenants? One point of the board is to ensure the covenants that everyone agreed to are followed.

Don't want to follow covenants, don’t join an HOA.
    Or join the HOA board and be the change you want. Thwart the Karens. And they’re usually Karens.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would not have voted to allow a strip club in the neighborhood. For the record.
    Really?

iu

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I would not have voted to allow a strip club in the neighborhood. For the record.
    If that were the case, and there was a breach of covenant I would've had to confront the homeowner in person. For at least an hour.

Relax everybody. It was just a joke.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I should have said swingers club. That has popped up several times in the past few years. Here is one I quickly found.

This example is a bit different and to the extreme. I don't think jamil would represent the homeowner in such a case. He was pretty much talking about a fence issue and an HOA Karen going overboard.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What did the legal documents say? That is the final authority. If they did not address the issue in the covenants then the homeowner was in the right if not the HOA was. That simple. I have zero respect for anyone that agrees to a contract and fails to follow their agreement and even less for those that no only agree to a contract but join a board to subvert the legal processes. A guy like that sounds like the jerk politicians you complain about…
    How do you feel about bankruptcy? Or marriage vows?

:coffee:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I should have said swingers club. That has popped up several times in the past few years. Here is one I quickly found.

Oh. Now I’d have voted against the HOA on that one. Freedom of association. None of Karen’s business. I don’t believe I found any language that construed something like that as against the bylaws.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Alright. Not that I don’t enjoy a good diversion, haven’t we done HOA’s enough? I’m more interested in the story about McCarthy endorsing Trump.

Now wasn’t it the Trumpers who claim guilt by association? Prolly won’t want to stick with that criteria here, eh?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Oh. Now I’d have voted against the HOA on that one. Freedom of association. None of Karen’s business. I don’t believe I found any language that construed something like that as against the bylaws.
    In the article the HOA alleges that they were running a business and that's against the bylaws. Now I think they still would've raised a stink about the swingers gathering at the residence in their neighbored if it wasn't a business.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In the article the HOA alleges that they were running a business and that's against the bylaws. Now I think they still would've raised a stink about the swingers gathering at the residence in their neighbored if it wasn't a business.
    A swinger’s club as a business? I dunno. They might have alleged it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And somehow, only on INGO, I am the one out there because I like well constructed covenants as to how the neighborhood agrees to maintain their properties.

Funny KG1 brought up cyclists, at the end of the day it is largely the same posters that are intolerant of cyclists that are also intolerant of those voluntarily agreeing to covenants and HOA’s…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And somehow, only on INGO, I am the one out there because I like well constructed covenants as to how the neighborhood agrees to maintain their properties.

Funny KG1 brought up cyclists, at the end of the day it is largely the same posters that are intolerant of cyclists that are also intolerant of those voluntarily agreeing to covenants and HOA’s…
    Ummm. Might wanna check again. I wasn't the one that brought up the cyclists or HOAs for that matter. I've never even participated in those threads as a matter of fact.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

**** HOA’s. A bunch of snooty people trying to find ways to gain and assert authority.

But it seems like we’re just gonna have to beat this subject to death before we talk about Trump’s guilt by association.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are you complaining that anti-dickheads are being consistent? :):

Top Bottom