• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

“He’s talking about retribution, day in, day out,” Costa pointed out.

“He needs to stop that,” McCarthy responded, adding later that he expects Trump “adapt” when he “gets all the facts.”

"Trump’s calls for vengeance don’t line up with what voters want, according to McCarthy."
    People that believe Trump was shafted want revenge. I am not a Trump zealot and I want him vindicated. But that’s not enough to get non-Trump voters to change their minds about him.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    People that believe Trump was shafted want revenge. I am not a Trump zealot and I want him vindicated. But that’s not enough to get non-Trump voters to change their minds about him.
    Imo, staying with the stolen election, injured party in search of revenge would be a loser campaign, and would quite likely cost Trump a very winnable election. Yes, it will appease his rabid supporters, who will vote for him no matter what. But, like it or not, most of the rest of the country is either tired of hearing it or doesn't believe it.

Again, imo, Trump kills Biden in every potential campaign issue I can think of. But his big winner is the economy. It's always been the number one "kitchen table" issue for the American middle class, and comparing household financial situations between what they were at the end of Trump's term with what they are now would be devastating to Biden. Heck, Trump could go old school and play off of James Carville's famous declaration from 1992: "It's the economy, stupid".

Even better, he could borrow what was imo, one of the biggest momentum changers in presidential campaign history, Ronald Reagan's right hook to Jimmy Carter's jaw in their 1980 debate, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" Hell, make a series of ads compring various then vs now conditions, and a line or two from this:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Again, imo, Trump kills Biden in every potential campaign issue I can think of. But his big winner is the economy. It's always been the number one "kitchen table" issue for the American middle class, and comparing household financial situations between what they were at the end of Trump's term with what they are now would be devastating to Biden. Heck, Trump could go old school and play off of James Carville's famous declaration from 1992: "It's the economy, stupid".

Even better, he could borrow what was imo, one of the biggest momentum changers in presidential campaign history, Ronald Reagan's right hook to Jimmy Carter's jaw in their 1980 debate, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?" Hell, make a series of ads compring various then vs now conditions, and a line or two from this:
    I used to believe this ten years ago. With the political realignment it is now teams, just don’t think this will resonate like it did in the past.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I used to believe this ten years ago. With the political realignment it is now teams, just don’t think this will resonate like it did in the past.
    Well, shocking as it may seem, we disagree, Mike. :) It's possible that Trump could, at least in public, undergo a rebranding. No victimhood, no attack dog, no silly nicknames. Ignore every candidate but his potential November opponent, and talk up his accomplishments, and compare them with the **** show we've been living in for the last 4 years. Hey, maybe in that calm, self-assured tone of voice that Reagan used to reassure the American voters that things will be better if they vote for him. I'm not a supporter, but it would surely resonate with me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To the extent there are “teams”, the republicans have a problem. There’s the Trump team, the anybody but Trump team, and those willing to consider other than Trump team. The democrats will back whoever wins their nomination. We’d all (non-democrats) had better sober minded folks from the old middle will respond to a good plan for the economy, etc…if only Trump could get beyond 2020 and campaign on such.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    To the extent there are “teams”, the republicans have a problem. There’s the Trump team, the anybody but Trump team, and those willing to consider other than Trump team. The democrats will back whoever wins their nomination. We’d all (non-democrats) had better sober minded folks from the old middle will respond to a good plan for the economy, etc…if only Trump could get beyond 2020 and campaign on such.
    YESSIR.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Well, shocking as it may seem, we disagree, Mike. :) It's possible that Trump could, at least in public, undergo a rebranding. No victimhood, no attack dog, no silly nicknames. Ignore every candidate but his potential November opponent, and talk up his accomplishments, and compare them with the **** show we've been living in for the last 4 years. Hey, maybe in that calm, self-assured tone of voice that Reagan used to reassure the American voters that things will be better if they vote for him. I'm not a supporter, but it would surely resonate with me.
    I’m just getting cynical, I have no objections to the tactics, just lack confidence they will resonate the way they did in the past.

Reactions: oze

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have been consistently making the point to INGO that by and large we are more conservative than most if the GOP. There are a few ways to to designate the factions of the party but no matter how, they all are competing divisions compared to lock step dems.

Recently a member was giving the usual crap knocking a statement about “the most critical election“. The dems ALWAYS believe this and act accordingly. It is a huge advantage they have…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have been consistently making the point to INGO that by and large we are more conservative than most if the GOP. There are a few ways to to designate the factions of the party but no matter how, they all are competing divisions compared to lock step dems.

Recently a member was giving the usual crap knocking a statement about “the most critical election“. The dems ALWAYS believe this and act accordingly. It is a huge advantage they have…
    As we progress further towards ClownWorld™ each election becomes more important until we reach the point where elections just don’t matter. But there’s a Republican faction that just doesn’t believe it. They think everything works like it did in mid 2000. Support the war effort because the neocon said it’s patriotic.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, each election is the most critical. It's the only one that matters at that time. The others are either in the past and done, or in the future and not going to affect anything yet.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    As we progress further towards ClownWorld™ each election becomes more important until we reach the point where elections just don’t matter. But there’s a Republican faction that just doesn’t believe it. They think everything works like it did in mid 2000. Support the war effort because the neocon said it’s patriotic.

I think we will pass that point in 2024.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    When The Turtle (senate minority leader, former majority leader) comes out and says that more money for Ukraine is the country's most important concern, whose water do you think he is carrying? Because it most assuredly is not ours

When Shroomer comes out and says the same thing, don't you wonder why there is NO daylight between them on such an issue? Why hundreds of billions for Ukraine are necessary or the terrorists win Putin wins? When you can't tell the parties apart without a program, something is wrong - and that something usually concerns feathering their own nests or greasing the revolving door (or both)
    One would generally expect some agreement on issues like this abroad. Most of the country and our allies would align with this vision, too. The idea of giving the Russian, Iranian, and Chinese coalition a win seems very dangerous right now. I doubt they agree on the inaction against Iranian proxies who are attacking allied interests every day, but supporting a war against Russia should have some bi-partisan support.

McConnell's strategic mind delivered the court. When he held off for Gorsuch and told folks who said wait until Trump wins again to replace RGB, he did the country a serious favor. His strategy leading up to this and management of the courts during the Trump admin was solid. But to act like Schumer and McConnell deliver the same results is insane.

Reactions: oze

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Seems plausible.

We've covered this ground before. How can you tell that the psyop isn't the effort to convince the GOP to push Trump aside which will generate exactly the split in the party they are feigning a warning about

The ones who support DeSantis are on some level, even if only subconsciously, counting on republicans to support the nominee if it isn't Trump, otherwise the math for starting out without 50% of our voters on board doesn't make sense

So, who is lying? The internet rando that claims to know how things are going to unfold and advises splitting the party a little sooner or the people that believe Trump can pull this off

You pays your money and you takes your chances

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    In other words, make Trump someone else entirely? When people see him send off incoherent lies about stolen elections and fellow Republicans, they scream MAGA 24!
    When did McCarthy start caring about what the voters wanted? If he had started a bit sooner he might have been speaker for longer
    Apparently, the voters wanted him to shut the ethics investigation into Gaetz and to give Nancy Mace's abortion bill time on the floor. Removing him was a dumb move.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    In other words, make Trump someone else entirely? When people see him send off incoherent lies about stolen elections and fellow Republicans, they scream MAGA 24!
    Yes, a complete makeover. Because the petulant version is unelectable, and any positives that came out of his term will get lost in the noise. And we end up with 4 more years of Biden. Or perhaps 4 years of President Newsome's first term.

Top Bottom