• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    If only "10% of vaccinated can catch the virus" how do explain the breakout in Massachusetts where 75% were vaccinated, or Israel where that number has been hovering at 50% of those testing positive are vaccinated?

I just want to point out that testing positive for C19 doesn't equal sick from C19.

This only shows that the testing is set high enough to detect the presence of the Virus, which intern increases the number of positives. From the start testing was done higher than normal, and was only lowered after the election (hmm, wonder why it happened then). It is still on the very upper limit of the standards for testing, at least it was last I checked.

You may very well be able to test positive and not have anywhere near enough virus in your system to make you sick

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I just want to point out that testing positive for C19 doesn't equal sick from C19.
    Hell it doesnt even mean you have the Kung Flu. They've admitted the tests are severely flawed as they dont differentiate between the regular flu, Kung Flu, or any other coronavirus for that matter.
    Just like the test can't differentiate between variants either

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

This only shows that the testing is set high enough to detect the presence of the Virus, which intern increases the number of positives. From the start testing was done higher than normal, and was only lowered after the election (hmm, wonder why it happened then). It is still on the very upper limit of the standards for testing, at least it was last I checked.

You may very well be able to test positive and not have anywhere near enough virus in your system to make you sick
    Indeed. It may reduce the likelihood of being symptomatic, but with a 99% survival rating I’ll take my chances. Everyone is free to vaccinate or mask as they see fit, they aren’t free to force me to do what they believe I should.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Been there done that

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Indeed. It may reduce the likelihood of being symptomatic, but with a 99% survival rating I’ll take my chances. Everyone is free to vaccinate or mask as they see fit, they aren’t free to force me to do what they believe I should.
    Hell it doesnt even mean you have the Kung Flu. They've admitted the tests are severely flawed as they dont differentiate between the regular flu, Kung Flu, or any other coronavirus for that matter.
    Just like the test can't differentiate between variants either
    I agree, I was just addressing the vaccinated people testing positive thing. There are reasons they are testing at the level they are.
    If they keep the scare tactics up, they keep their control longer. This has been way below emergency pandemic level for a long time.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I heard theyre discussing the possibility of another complete lockdown. It’s not because of people like me. It’s people like JH that think this is the new Black Plague and we’re all gonna die if we smell a fart in the bread section of Kroger. It killed the strongest economy in the history of the world, and a small percentage of the population. It’s been a year. The main impact has hit. Let’s get on with life. The damn flu is an annual virus that kills people. We don’t shut down schools, local businesses, go door to door for vaccines, and scream at people in the vegetable aisle for not wearing a mask. If you’re that scared, stay home, but leave me and my family the **** alone. We’re living normally. Stop trying to make me a prisoner trapped in my own home over your fears.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I heard theyre discussing the possibility of another complete lockdown. It’s not because of people like me. It’s people like JH that think this is the new Black Plague and we’re all gonna die if we smell a fart in the bread section of Kroger. It killed the strongest economy in the history of the world, and a small percentage of the population. It’s been a year. The main impact has hit. Let’s get on with life. The damn flu is an annual virus that kills people. We don’t shut down schools, local businesses, go door to door for vaccines, and scream at people in the vegetable aisle for not wearing a mask. If you’re that scared, stay home, but leave me and my family the **** alone. We’re living normally. Stop trying to make me a prisoner trapped in my own home over your fears.

You have been on fire with great posts the last couple of days...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Quote:
    "Just do not let them set precedent on a virus with a 99.8 percent survival rate."
    End Quote.

Not true, but the only thing from above I take offense with.

It's 99.8% (roughly) of the entire US population (roughly 330 million).

Reduce that to people that GET INFECTED it drops to roughly 86%.
    You have to be infected to die with it, so you can't use the uninfected in a survival rate.

Virus is going to virus, no human can stop it. It is the height of arrogance of our species that TPTB think they know what to do and this little virus, has proven they are not prepared for prime time when the inevitable truly deadly virus apoears.

I couldn't care less about the death rate of the infected, by now, most Americans have had their personal brush with the wuwho flu (they may have gotten it or they may have fought it off before even creating antibodies) and I am interested in the death rate vs. the general population of those living in my state, country or city. Then my interest is the health and demographic data of those who succumbed to the virus.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Just my .02 here:
    I got sick Friday night and wound up testing positive Saturday morning. Was sick a few days with flu like aches and loss of appetite. Now I've got some basic cold congestion and a cough. I'm 36 hours in at this point.
    I'm almost certain I caught it from someone who was asymptomatic, because I've been to a family reunion, church, and the gym over the last week. No one other than me has symptoms.
    I've also not been vaccinated.

I wouldn't care, if it weren't for my 1st grader having to basically stay home until he gets 3 days out from a negative test with no symptoms. He's got a test scheduled Thursday, hoping to go back Monday.

Having said all that, I'm still on the side of freedom to choose whether you wear a mask or get vaccinated. Knowing I would get sick and disrupt my 1st grader's year I might go back and get vaccinated. At this point, I may get one anyway.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Quote:
    Damn shame too since this should have been over by now.
    You keep saying this should be over, yet we aren’t the only country still dealing with it. The only countries claiming to have 0 cases are tiny island nations, and North Korea. Nothing we could have done would have allowed us to “be over it by now.” The fact you have said this at least twice now tells me you have no idea what you’re talking about. To be fair, none of us do, but you need to accept you’re right there with the rest of us.

Do what you feel is best, but stop looking down your nose like you know better than anyone else.

Top Bottom