• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    There sure are a lot of of non-working stations under repair. If zoomed in, there are even more than are showing here.
    View attachment 317066
    Considering the total number of stations available, it doesn’t seem like so many that are under repair. I don’t know about other EVs but Teslas will map out the route to the working charging stations for you.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Considering the total number of stations available, it doesn’t seem like so many that are under repair. I don’t know about other EVs but Teslas will map out the route to the working charging stations for you.
    The legend is bad, under repair should be red so as to easily identify them. As it is they look good until one digs down and the green bubble has a wrench on it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lets say everything goes electric, and there is plenty of power to support it.
    What happens when all these batteries fail and what will they do with them?
    Can they be reconditioned/refurbished? Or tossed into a landfill?

I've said this before, but I believe that scenario ends up with everybody leasing a very no frills generic government designed car like the Trabant. You will get a lease, drive the car for a specific amount of time and when that expires turn it in for a new lease. The dealer will strip off all the useful parts for maintenance of other cars and send the body to the manufacturer who will grind it up and recycle it. Read China into this because nobody here is going to be able to recycle the leftovers for what they can, just like producing useful Lithium. China will close the US auto industry and leadership will be helping every step of the way.

1200px-Trabant_1.1_30.06.19_JM_1.jpg

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Plugshare's a great app for those that charge away from home. The wrenches are new chargers coming soon 99% of the time (so don't attempt to go there yet). Like Newcastle and Crawfordsville adding a couple chargers as seen on your map. I recommend Plugshare app for all new EVers.
    Does it tell you those that are out of order? I hear that is becoming an issue.

Percolater

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Does it tell you those that are out of order? I hear that is becoming an issue.
    If the entire station is out of order, that will also show up as a wrench on plugshare. Pretty rare to have entire station down, there may be a stall here or there similar to gas stations. App users can then update location and say "Stall 5B not working" for others to know beforehand.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In the mean time Elon’s Tesla has put in over 50K supercharger stations around the WORLD. But Biden won’t invite him to his EV events because he has non-union free speech cootees. Probably didn’t even cost him 7 1/2 billion.

US illustrative map:
    View attachment 316894
    Notice how the dots seem to line up horizontally and vertically? I wonder why…
    The boner drone has been perfected. These stations were chosen to correspond with boner drone squadrons. These boner drones were specially programmed to give people hardons for for EV’s as they charge their cars. It’s to keep them, uh, occupied? While they charge their cars.

In a bit of serendipity, they discovered that the secondary boner drone rays make ICE drivers be sexually attracted to Tesla’s too.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    I've said this before, but I believe that scenario ends up with everybody leasing a very no frills generic government designed car like the Trabant. You will get a lease, drive the car for a specific amount of time and when that expires turn it in for a new lease. The dealer will strip off all the useful parts for maintenance of other cars and send the body to the manufacturer who will grind it up and recycle it. Read China into this because nobody here is going to be able to recycle the leftovers for what they can, just like producing useful Lithium. China will close the US auto industry and leadership will be helping every step of the way.

View attachment 317076

Meh, give me one of those along with a trenchcoat and a cigar, and I'm good to go

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Yes exactly my point. Bidens $7.5 billion program is to put a network of charging stations along the interstates. Well guess what …
    Pretty sure Tesla's network was built/planned independent of Biden's progam. Tesla's network is what was shown originally.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Pretty sure Tesla's network was built/planned independent of Biden's progam. Tesla's network is what was shown originally.
    Yes it was. And they set up thousands of charging stations, including along all the interstate, and I’ll bet it didn’t cost them 7 1/2 billion dollars

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Hmmm... which EV runs on 12 volts??
    Actually every modern vehicle outside of the Tesla Cybertruck still runs on a 12v architecture for most of the components. The main battery will run the motors but it all also links to the 12v as well. It's pretty strange to me but it may be a regulatory thing as I haven't done a deep dive into the reasoning as to why. There are actually over 400 endpoints that link into the 12v battery in some shape or form in a Tesla Model 3.

It likely has something to do with if you deplete or let the big battery die that there is still a battery which will allow the car doors to be unlocked etc since it's all electronic.

Top Bottom